Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which version
tim321 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nottingham Joined: Jan 19, 2016 09:39 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have Inteli3-4130 cpu 3.40 ghz machine with 4gb ram, 64 bit operating, presntely windows 8.1 with a 500gb hard drive. I have been advised that if bty powerdirector 14 I will have issues with my my machine running this version, therefore would it be better for me to run an earlier version can I ask. I want to to:-

Edit some football clips together from various sources, mostly dvd source, edit, trim, change picture ratio etc, enchancer picture quality ect, add titles & music.

Hence the question, if my machine won't run 14 easily, would I be better of with 13 or even 12 version of powerdirector

Many thanks for any advice in advance
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
First, you can not buy an earlier version unless you find it on Amazon or in a retail store, but to the point. If you have at least a dual core cpu you should be Ok with DVD quality, but if you want to do HD you need at least 4 cores. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
tim321 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nottingham Joined: Jan 19, 2016 09:39 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
So the question, which version do you think I should go for?
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, tim321!

If you're running Windows 8(designated as 8.1) I don't forsee any problems with PD14 on that platform. Contrary to some comments that have said the PD8 won't work on Windows 10, I know of a case that negates that statement, so, using that as a yardstick, PD14 should be okay on Windows 8.1! The only thing you can do is "suck it and see"! If you haven't yet tried PD14, get a retail version, install it, following the prompts, try it for a day or two before activating it into the full version(you'll likely have typed in the CD key to get PD 14 running as a trial, the final stage of activation requires an internet connection). If you do the final stage before 30 days are up, the final activation to full version will be smooth and the trial period will have shown how well PD14 runs on Windows 8.1!(Used exclamation mark there as a full-stop looks a bit silly after a decimal point.)

Cheers!

Neil