Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello all,

I promise this isn't a thread just to complain, I'm honestly trying to understand if there is something I'm unaware of that could be the issue or if PD18 and previous versions have always acted like this for everyone else as well.

I've owned several iterations of PD in the past several years and there always seems to be an inordinate amount of "lag" when trying to edit titles/text on a menu in the Create Disc portion of the program. My computer was always above average but I figured maybe it just had to do with PD being a RAM/GPU heavy program. However, I've recently upgraded to PD18 and a new computer build and for the life of me I cannot think of any reason why this should still be a problem.

Any words of advice or troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

My Info:

PowerDirector Version: 18.0.2725.0 (64-bit)
Version Type: Ultimate
SR number: VDE200203-03

DxDiag:

------------------
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-1xxx
BIOS: F.21 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32642MB RAM
Page File: 10690MB used, 26814MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1E81&SUBSYS_8700103C&REV_A1
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 24330 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8010 MB
Shared Memory: 16320 MB
Quote Windows 7? Let me guess, is your video encoded with Dolby audio?

Dolby audio is no longer supported on Windows 7 with new version of PD.

Read this:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=24372&prodId=4&prodVerId=1417&CategoryId=-1&keyword=

Thank you for letting me know about that, I greatly appreciate it. I hope to be upgrading to Windows 10 in the near future with a new computer.

However, it isn't all of the video files, which should all be the same. Only some of them get this error in my project, while others don't. For clarification, the error occurs when the project is loading. I must be missing some small detail or am wrong about something.

Thanks again.
Hello all,

I just upgraded from PD16 to PD18. My DxDiag report is at the bottom of this post.

I'm using Power Director 18.0.2313.0 (Ultimate)

Link to my error:
https://imgur.com/a/JH0XRi3

It says:
"An error occurred when opening this media file. It may have unsupported or protected audio, or it could be for another reason. You may continue editing the video part of the file only."

I'm creating a chronological compilation of old family home videos. Not all of the files have this error, so I checked the few that do and it seems pretty apparent what is happening. One of the files is during Christmas morning and the radio is playing Christmas music. So, I'm assuming that this is the "protected audio" part of the error. However, I disconnected from the internet and tried again and it still gives me this issue, even with files I had never tried to add while connected to the internet.

Luckily, I kept PD16 installed and I do not have this issue and am able to make the home video compilation without any problems. So, unless I am able to figure out how to resolve this I have essentially wasted my money on purchasing the upgrade to PD18.

I greatly appreciate any time or help that people may be able to give me. Thanks in advance!

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.191105-1059)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: 700-215xt
BIOS: Ver: MEM_8020.BIN vMEM80.20
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16324MB RAM
Page File: 5400MB used, 27244MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Quote Thank you very much in advance for any help, suggestions, tips, ideas, etc. and have a great day!

Just read both of your posts. ??? Copy/Paste – It does not work for me when there are multiple tracks used. It is too easy to miss something. Doing a range copy would be much better.

Never tried or want to attempt to create a project of a single timeline from previous projects like what you are doing to create a 8 hour long BD. There is a 99 chapter limit on that. Multiple projects with up to 99 chapters each can be placed on the Create disc/Content/Add Project module. Would hate to navigate to the 98th chapter on a single project. This is where adding the previous projects make it so much easier. That is what most users would do.

Burn to folder only and check to see that all mistakes are taken care of before burning to a more expensive BDXL.

Let us know if this helps…

EDIT: Carl answered first while I was still typing. Glad that his suggestion worked for you. You can only have 99 chapters max on one timeline.

Thanks for your help!

I am aware of the 99 chapters limit, but that it can be circumvented by creating a new workspace within a project and end up having it to where you can click "Chapters 1-99", "Chapters 100-198", etc on your disc's menu.

This project of mine is a chronological home video compilation. The main purpose is for archiving, but also for viewing. I do not expect myself or others to regularly "go through" 99+ chapters in the menu screen, but I am making that a possibility if wanted for my family. Otherwise, simply using the blu-ray player remote to skip to the next chapter will suffice perfectly fine.
Problem Solved!

Your suggestion to use the "File > Insert Project" took care of the issue.

I'm not sure why Copy/Pasting worked for Disc 1 & 3 but had such weird results for Disc 2, but I will from now on only be using the aforementioned suggestion.

Thanks! smile
Thank you very much for your reply, I greatly appreciate you trying to help.

My results were, I opened up the 2nd project and it appears normal (the approximately 8 hours is there, as it should be). So, I used the "Save AS" and created a new file, which I then copied and pasted those videos into the new project file. Unfortunately, the same issue occurred with the timeline going to an outrageous 80-100 hours.

So, I then thought to try the reverse. Using the 2nd Project file as the basis and instead copy/pasting in Project 1 & 3. Strangely enough, the result was the opposite! The files from project 1 & 3 now become incredibly short as opposed to disc 2 becoming incredibly long! Haha...I have no idea what could have caused this.

I am hoping there may be a solution, but in the unfortunate situation that there isn't, what I'm doing is using a text document to annotate the correct duration times of each clip in Project 2. I will then copy/paste project 2 into the new project and manually trim the videos back to their originally correct and intended durations.

Thanks

Quote Good morning all,

As succinctly as possible, here is my issue:

• I have 3 project files (Disc 1, 2, 3) that I want to consolidate into a single project file (because I purchased a BD-R XL 100 GB disc and ergo won't need to use three separate 25 GB BD-R discs).

• After creating a new project in which to copy/paste the video from Discs 1, 2, 3 - Disc 1 and 3 paste correctly into the new project's timeline.

• The issue is, Disc 2, when pasted into the new project, has an incredibly inaccurate new duration time for all of the video clips. For example, All three of the discs are approximately 8 hours long. However, when pasting in Disc 2's footage, it adds about 70 hours to the timeline. Every clip now has an incorrect duration after being pasted and they play, but only to the point that they normally should, after that duration point for each clip nothing plays, but no "blackness" is showing in the thumbnail, etc.

• All projects have the same aspect ratio (16:9) and I can't think of or determine what could possibly be causing Disc 2 to have this glaring duration error when the other identical disc projects are just fine.

Thank you very much in advance for any help, suggestions, tips, ideas, etc. and have a great day!

My Program Info:

PowerDirector Version: 15.0.2509.0

SR #: VDE161221-03

My Computer Info:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i7 4771 @ 3.50GHz - Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz ( 11-11-11-28 )
You are saying copy/paste, PD has the ability to insert a saved project file into the current project. You might try that method. File > Insert Project. It inserts at the cursor position.

I do not have an answer, Just a suggestion that may solve the length problem.

Load Project 2 by itself in Powerdirector 15. What do you see?

If the times are correct, Save AS the project under a new name.

Try your new saved Project 2 in your combined projects.

It that does not fix the times, you may need to redo the Project 2, Start from the original files and do all of the edits over.

Maybe another editor will have a better suggestion.
Good morning all,

As succinctly as possible, here is my issue:

• I have 3 project files (Disc 1, 2, 3) that I want to consolidate into a single project file (because I purchased a BD-R XL 100 GB disc and ergo won't need to use three separate 25 GB BD-R discs).

• After creating a new project in which to copy/paste the video from Discs 1, 2, 3 - Disc 1 and 3 paste correctly into the new project's timeline.

• The issue is, Disc 2, when pasted into the new project, has an incredibly inaccurate new duration time for all of the video clips. For example, All three of the discs are approximately 8 hours long. However, when pasting in Disc 2's footage, it adds about 70 hours to the timeline. Every clip now has an incorrect duration after being pasted and they play, but only to the point that they normally should, after that duration point for each clip nothing plays, but no "blackness" is showing in the thumbnail, etc.

• All projects have the same aspect ratio (16:9) and I can't think of or determine what could possibly be causing Disc 2 to have this glaring duration error when the other identical disc projects are just fine.

Thank you very much in advance for any help, suggestions, tips, ideas, etc. and have a great day!

My Program Info:

PowerDirector Version: 15.0.2509.0

SR #: VDE161221-03

My Computer Info:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i7 4771 @ 3.50GHz - Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz ( 11-11-11-28 )
More than 100 chapters allowed per project. Personally, I'm using a 100 GB BD-R XL disc to create one complete chronological compilation with regards to family/home videos. Seeing as how sometimes a chapter is divided by 5 minutes of footage or 30, it ends up adding up to the point where I have several hundred chapters and not needing to make a new workspace to work around this would be great. Thanks
Quote: I wonder if your poor quality experience is more due to your PC/laptop specs rather than the wrong frame rate. At the end of the day, if you shoot 60 fps, you should be able to produce at 60 fps.

Smoothness: try previewing in "non real time mode" and see if that improves the jerkiness (no audio will be heard with this mode) If it does improve we will go from there.

Also, try producing a very small section to see if the jerkiness is still there after production.

Thank you for the tips and for looking into my situation. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my PC specs. While I don't have the greatest hardware out there, mine should suffice for what I'm doing.

The 59.37 (60 FPS) video clip was only 32 seconds long, and I had it produced to an .mp4 output with the 3 different FPS settings that were previously mentioned.

Please let me know if you need any screenshots perhaps of specific settings, outputs, etc? It's probably something small that I'm not seeing or overlooking.

My PC specs are:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU Intel Core i7 4771 @ 3.50GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28 )Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 2AF7 (SOCKET 0)

Graphics E390-A1 (1920x1080@60Hz) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (Unknown)
Hello all -

My Info:

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate 14.0.2707.0

SR: VDE160307-04

My issue:

I have captured video using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, with the setting at 1920/1080p and 60 FPS. I understand that not all video is captured at the exact FPS setting, e.g. "30 fps" being 29.97, and so forth. However, the only settings available for rendering on PowerDirector that are within my range are 50 fps, 59.94 fps, and 60 fps (in the video tab of the Quality Profile Setup GUI). I have tried all 3 options, and all 3 of them end up with my video's smoothness and quality being greatly reduced. I'm no professional by any means but have being troubleshooting to a decent extent where I no longer understand or think I can come up with a solution on my own (or find one by accident).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! =)
Quote: It does not make sense to create more than one ISO file for a disk project.

ISO is a disk image, you can burn as many disks as you wish with disk burning software from the one ISO file.

I think Cyberlink overlooked an error condition.

The burn multiple disks is only OK for Burning Disks only with Powerdirector.

Right, I understand. I choose to save as an ISO while also choosing to burn so that I have it available for future usage/burns.

I've sent in a trouble ticket yesterday. Thanks for the help!
Quote: I am aware of a user reporting this issue in the forum with a previous version of PD. Don’t know if that user ever reported it as a bug to Cyberlink support. I guess then that it was never reported and it never got fixed.

Here is what can be done. Check Create a folder and burn to disc. Play and review the disc for mistakes in editing, typos, etc. If that is satisfactory then you can burn the other 4 copies using a disc burning software.

You might also want to report this finding to Cyberlink support so that maybe a patch can be made to fix this if you want.

Thanks for the help - Didn't know this had been previously reported. I'll definitely submit a bug error and hopefully it'll get fixed.
Hello all - hopefully this is a pretty easy fix, or maybe it's just a weird bug that I hadn't heard about elsewhere.

My Info:

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate 14.0.2302.0

SR: VDE151023-03

My issue:

When using the "Final Output" screen, just before burning, I always check the "Save As Disc Image" option, for obvious future use/burning. I select the location for it to save the ISO, and then also select for it to burn 1 disc.

The problem lies in the situation when I select more than 1 copy to be burned. For whatever reason, the process outputs my ISO, and then continues to repeat the process (overwriting and restarting) the authoring all over again, for as many times as I told it the number of copies to burn. Then, after doing this, it finally starts to burn them. Why is this? This makes no sense...why would it output the ISO multiple times, overwriting and reauthoring itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Quote: Thanks, that gives a good look at what you are doing. Since you cut off the top of the pics, not sure if you have a 4:3 project or 16:9 setting, other than you indicated 4:3 old clips. The create disc module in PD often appears rather problomatic/tempermental for many. If you don't have a 25GB BD-RE disc, I'd invest in one. You can write to it more than once so you don't end up with a bunch of BD-R coasters. I'd probably suggest the following to try.

1) Not knowing exactly what's in your timeline, other than some old videos as you state, I'd make sure pref > Hardware Acceleration both item there are not checked
2) You overall BDMV setting look okay for now, if you want, DD 2 channel can save a fair amount of space vs LPCM which you have selected and usually does not create any issues
3) Your mp3 for background music can be a issue. It really depends on the details of the mp3. Best is to convert it to wav file and use that, they rarely cause a issue
4) I'd make sure the "Hardware video encoder" is unchecked at the bottom of your BurnIn2D.png pic
5) Try to burn your project again

Try playback on your PS4 or Sony player and see how it goes.

Jeff

Jeff,

I took your advice/suggestions and reburned last night. I'm not sure which one of the suggestions did the trick but it worked! I am truly thankful for your help. As I had explained these are home videos and I'm making this compilation to send out to family members, so I was extremely bummed out when the burning process didn't work.

Thanks again, take care.

- Lance
Jeff, Here is the screenshot you requested. Thanks again for the help.
Quote: Can you post a screen pic of your "2D Disc" settings page in the "Create Disc" module so one can see just what format BDMV you are creating? A pic of the "Burn in 2D" tab would also be helpfull.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thank you very much for your response. Below are the images you requested.

One thing I happened to just think of while looking at the 2D tab was the video format of "Widescreen 16:9". My home videos are old, so they are naturally in 4:3. Would this cause such an error as I previosly mentioned? Of course, there's no other option selectable, so if this is the case, I may just be out of luck...in which case, is there a way to burn 4:3 videos to a blu-ray disc with menus?

http://i63.tinypic.com/28gxwdk.png

http://i64.tinypic.com/24c5f9k.png
Hello,

First time posting here, so I'll be as brief and to the point as possible and thank you in advance to anyone that can be of any help. I've done my due dilligence scouring Google and elsewhere to no avail.

Firstly, here's my hardware/software info:

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate 14.0.2302.0

SR: VDE151023-03

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5771- CPU @ 3.50 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

Blu-Ray Drive/Burner: ASUS BW-12D1S-U USB Device (External Drive)

PS4 Version 3.15

Now, my questions/issues: I'm aware that not all Blu-Ray players or gaming consoles play Blu-Ray discs burned with the BDMV format. I'm also aware that there are some firmware updates to correct this issue or that burning with the CERTIFICATE folder should/can wash aside these issues in most instances. However, this is not the case with respect to my circumstance.

I authored a BD using the aforementioned BDMV format with PD14 of family home videos. When playing the disc on my PS4 or my standalone Sony Blu-Ray player, the main/root menu comes up with no issue. However, the problem lies in that when I select play or select any specific scene there is either a tremendous lag/freeze time, followed by the audio of the selection being able to be heard but with a black/blank screen.

Now, in order to troubleshoot I obviously tested my authored BD on my computer with both PowerDVD 14 and the latest version of VLC. PowerDVD 14 is able to play the BD, but with a strange exception. No matter what scene I select or what I do, it starts from the very beginning of the disc's footage and I cannot skip around/forward anywhere else. With VLC, essentially the same thing happens as with my PS4/Blu-Ray Player, where the menu loads, but then I tell it to play and the video screen of the VLC GUI disappears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and my apologies as I'm new to authoring Blu-Ray discs, so if this is a common problem and there's an obvious answer to this I wasn't aware or able to find it.

Thanks!
Go to: