Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error with Protected Audio when importing certain video files
JITF [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Spatial Incognito Joined: Jan 16, 2016 10:07 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I just upgraded from PD16 to PD18. My DxDiag report is at the bottom of this post.

I'm using Power Director 18.0.2313.0 (Ultimate)

Link to my error:
https://imgur.com/a/JH0XRi3

It says:
"An error occurred when opening this media file. It may have unsupported or protected audio, or it could be for another reason. You may continue editing the video part of the file only."

I'm creating a chronological compilation of old family home videos. Not all of the files have this error, so I checked the few that do and it seems pretty apparent what is happening. One of the files is during Christmas morning and the radio is playing Christmas music. So, I'm assuming that this is the "protected audio" part of the error. However, I disconnected from the internet and tried again and it still gives me this issue, even with files I had never tried to add while connected to the internet.

Luckily, I kept PD16 installed and I do not have this issue and am able to make the home video compilation without any problems. So, unless I am able to figure out how to resolve this I have essentially wasted my money on purchasing the upgrade to PD18.

I greatly appreciate any time or help that people may be able to give me. Thanks in advance!

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.191105-1059)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: 700-215xt
BIOS: Ver: MEM_8020.BIN vMEM80.20
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16324MB RAM
Page File: 5400MB used, 27244MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 11. 2019 04:11

Bronze_F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2015 21:31 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Windows 7? Let me guess, is your video encoded with Dolby audio?

Dolby audio is no longer supported on Windows 7 with new version of PD.

Read this:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=24372&prodId=4&prodVerId=1417&CategoryId=-1&keyword=
JITF [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Spatial Incognito Joined: Jan 16, 2016 10:07 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Windows 7? Let me guess, is your video encoded with Dolby audio?

Dolby audio is no longer supported on Windows 7 with new version of PD.

Read this:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=24372&prodId=4&prodVerId=1417&CategoryId=-1&keyword=

Thank you for letting me know about that, I greatly appreciate it. I hope to be upgrading to Windows 10 in the near future with a new computer.

However, it isn't all of the video files, which should all be the same. Only some of them get this error in my project, while others don't. For clarification, the error occurs when the project is loading. I must be missing some small detail or am wrong about something.

Thanks again.