Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Save As Disc Image - # of Copies Error
JITF [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Spatial Incognito Joined: Jan 16, 2016 10:07 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all - hopefully this is a pretty easy fix, or maybe it's just a weird bug that I hadn't heard about elsewhere.

My Info:

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate 14.0.2302.0

SR: VDE151023-03

My issue:

When using the "Final Output" screen, just before burning, I always check the "Save As Disc Image" option, for obvious future use/burning. I select the location for it to save the ISO, and then also select for it to burn 1 disc.

The problem lies in the situation when I select more than 1 copy to be burned. For whatever reason, the process outputs my ISO, and then continues to repeat the process (overwriting and restarting) the authoring all over again, for as many times as I told it the number of copies to burn. Then, after doing this, it finally starts to burn them. Why is this? This makes no sense...why would it output the ISO multiple times, overwriting and reauthoring itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
[Thumb - BurnToDisc.png]
 Filename
BurnToDisc.png
[Disk]
 Description
BurnToDisc error
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
49 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2016 19:46

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I am aware of a user reporting this issue in the forum with a previous version of PD. Don’t know if that user ever reported it as a bug to Cyberlink support. I guess then that it was never reported and it never got fixed.

Here is what can be done. Check Create a folder and burn to disc. Play and review the disc for mistakes in editing, typos, etc. If that is satisfactory then you can burn the other 4 copies using a disc burning software.

You might also want to report this finding to Cyberlink support so that maybe a patch can be made to fix this if you want.
JITF [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Spatial Incognito Joined: Jan 16, 2016 10:07 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am aware of a user reporting this issue in the forum with a previous version of PD. Don’t know if that user ever reported it as a bug to Cyberlink support. I guess then that it was never reported and it never got fixed.

Here is what can be done. Check Create a folder and burn to disc. Play and review the disc for mistakes in editing, typos, etc. If that is satisfactory then you can burn the other 4 copies using a disc burning software.

You might also want to report this finding to Cyberlink support so that maybe a patch can be made to fix this if you want.

Thanks for the help - Didn't know this had been previously reported. I'll definitely submit a bug error and hopefully it'll get fixed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2016 21:12

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
It does not make sense to create more than one ISO file for a disk project.

ISO is a disk image, you can burn as many disks as you wish with disk burning software from the one ISO file.

I think Cyberlink overlooked an error condition.

The burn multiple disks is only OK for Burning Disks only with Powerdirector. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JITF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: It does not make sense to create more than one ISO file for a disk project.

ISO is a disk image, you can burn as many disks as you wish with disk burning software from the one ISO file.

I think Cyberlink overlooked an error condition.

The burn multiple disks is only OK for Burning Disks only with Powerdirector.

Right, I understand. I choose to save as an ISO while also choosing to burn so that I have it available for future usage/burns.

I've sent in a trouble ticket yesterday. Thanks for the help!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
JITF,

Mine does not appear to function like that. For 3 DVD copies and ISO checked I get one ISO generated once after the first authoring phase and then 3 burns. Yes the burn progress bar reverts to show progress but I do not get multiple authoring sessions nor recreation of the ISO. At least for plain DVD, what format causes you the issue?

I thought I recall one of the beta's addressing something similar with the authoring phase being redone but can't locate it right now. I'm using beta 2416 in an attempt to resolve some other OpenCL issues with current CL ticket.

Jeff

EDIT: Maybe this 2221 beta did more than just this: "Fixes the issue that when burning multiple copies of an AVCHD video disc, PowerDirector authors the disc menu for each copy." http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46097.page#240155

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2016 19:25