Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Use File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions to let the deveolpers know you'd like to have that option.

The developers should better check the usefulness and workability of new options before releasing them.
EACH time when I open the Trimmer, this very annoying message pops-up: In the Trim window, Powerdirector uses the source clip for preview. If you applied reverse to the clip, it will be removed. Do you want to continue? YES/NO
Very very annoying... is there a possibility to "Don't show this dialog again"?
5. https://youtu.be/m__ramnap2E - Advanced replace, i.e. does not trim clips during replace

After replacing the dummyclip with your video go to the trimmer and select there your whole video. The timeline will be rearranged as wished.
Quote Create dazzling cinematic motion with the camera tracking hack using PowerDirector.

Hi Maliek, I have send you a private message how to easily do this effect with the built-in tools of PD. Check your message box.
I had a lot of these "Express Projects" in my PD365.
At the described location on my C-drive I just find back a few. The content Pack Premium folders i have, are all empty.
I'm really disappointed about this last update because this new video intro room is really useless to me.
An update should add usefull new features and not replace/delete usefull existing features.
I'm really thinking about ending my subscription.
Unfortunately I updated. The new video intro room deleted the built-in intros and outros which I used quite often to start my own intros and outros. New we got hundreds of 10 seconds short quite boring templates. I want the original Cyberlink intros and outros back.

No unique feature to do this. You can kind of do it with the trim feature, (scissors above time line). Select the clip, then the scissors, note the duration in the upper right corner, move in and out sliders to slip the contents, adjust for same duration.

Jeff

When you first make a time duration selection in the trimmer (example 5:00 seconds) and than activate the lock beside the Mark-IN and Mark-OUT button, you can slip edit by moving the blue bar in the timeline with your mouse.
Quote I want to make a re-useable scrolling credits video which I can overlay on various new videos.
So the content will be opaque but the background will be transparent.

Any ideas on how to keep that background transparent in a new video I can use as a future overlay?

When it is just scrolling text you can save the scrolling credits as a Title Template and re-use this template each time. A title has at default a transparent background.
44,1 kHz sample rate is commenly used for audio CD. 48 kHz is commenly used for audio in video.
I do not know a way to set the sample frequency, other than 48 kHz in PD.
Rendering with a higher sample frequency than the original sample frequency doesn't have advantages or disadvantages to the quality.
I saw this green box (upper right corner) also last week. I updated yesterday to the latest Studio driver of Nvidia and don't see any green boxes anymore.
I'm not able to update my PD365 with new features anymore, because each time when I start the Application Manager it closes my internet connection and than application manager gives a warning that there is no internet connection available. As soon when I close application manager, my internet connection is restored and available again? What's going wrong?
Having a marker at every beat makes no sense. Better is to get a marker at every measure, for example every 4 beats.
A 120 bpm song would have a beat marker every 0.5 second, better would be to have a marker after every 4 beats, means every 2 seconds.
I'm facing the same problem (also Samsung UHDTV) since update PD20. Doesn't matter which codec used H.264, H.265 or XAVC for render, there is no sound or sound is disappearing suddenly while playing on TV. I couldn't find a cause of this problem. My temporary solution is to re-render the PD render with Handbrake.

It's very hard to edit 5 video tracks in Storyboard mode.

Jeff

That's true, but ordering clips is something you normally do at the start of the editing process and not at the end.

You don't have to use them. You can drag the clip to the new location, and then go back to the void space and decide how to delete and adjust the timeline. The hotkey cut action just saved going back to the void. I find it handy when working on longer duration timelines and zoomed in that I don't have to go back to the gap and clean it up.

Jeff

Reordering clips probably goes best in Stoyboard mode instead of the Timeline mode.

"Cut" leaves the cut piece in the clipboard buffer so you can paste in the timeline, basically, cut from here, paste over here use
"Delete" performs the same action as "Cut" but does not leave the piece in the clipboard buffer.

Jeff

Thanks for the quick answer Jl_JL. Still a little confusing, why should I cut/paste a clip (with those difficult to remember shortcut combinations) when just dragging the clip with the mouse to a new location does the same.
What is the difference between cut and delete? I don't see a difference between the Hot keys CTRL+X vs DELETE, Shift+X vs Shift+Delete, CTRL+Alt+X vs CTRL+Delete, Alt+X vs Alt+Delete. This is very confusing.
What I miss instead are Hot keys like [ and ] to split at cursor and delete the part in front or after the split in one stroke, ofcourse with possibilities to leave or close gaps.
Quote Hi,
Please see the attached video for details. We are processing an outdoor dance performance video. Since it's not very easy to replace video background even with Motiong Tracking Mask in ColorDirector, would it be possible to clean background a bit? For example, the attached video shows a couple of people in background, someones sit (still subjects) and one walks (moving subject). Would it be possible to remove them or make them fuzzy in background?

To remove moving objects there's a special tool called 'Hide' from Prodad: https://www.prodad.com/Video-editing-and-modification/HIDE-V1-86057,l-us.html
PD is the only Video editor I know, that hasn't the option to simple create a fade in/out just by dragging the top corners of the video/audio clip with the mouse.

Another way is to double click the clip in the timeline and use the Fade feature there.

Jeff

It would be handy if this option would also fades in/out the audio of that video clip. This has now to be done manually.

Another option, which I prefer, is to use the Video Fade transistion together with the Audio transition Constant Grain or Constant Power at the start/end of the clip. When you add those transistions to your favorites, applying them goes faster than the other fade options.
Go to: