Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Another way is to double click the clip in the timeline and use the Fade feature there.

Jeff

It would be handy if this option would also fades in/out the audio of that video clip. This has now to be done manually.

Another option, which I prefer, is to use the Video Fade transistion together with the Audio transition Constant Grain or Constant Power at the start/end of the clip. When you add those transistions to your favorites, applying them goes faster than the other fade options.
I'm wondering about the default rendertemplates PD20 offers.
My footage is 2160p50 16:9 from Osmo Pocket. The default rendertemplates PD20 offers are 1080p50 or 2160p25 for H.264 and only 1080p25 and 2160p25 for H.265.
When I set project aspect ratio to 21:9, PD offers 810p50, 1080p50 and 1620p50 for both H.264 and H.265.
Why doesn't PD not offer default rendertemplates for 1080p50 and 2610p50 for H.264 and H2.65 for 16:9 aspect ratio.
I know that I can create those templates myself, but I'm wondering that these common used framerates are not default.
Quote Try producing without using hardware encoding. You might also need to turn off hardware decoding from the Preferences menu. That will at least narrow down the issue to PD20 overall or an interaction with GPU hardware

Indeed, producing WITHOUT hardware encoding (fast rendering with NVIDIA) gives a correct 50p result. It's almost the same issue which I already brought to attention here with PD19 (https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85322.page) and which was solved in the June update.
When I render my project with 50p clips to 50p it renders with the same speed as when rendering with 25p and also it looks afterwards like 25p and not 50p . Media Info gives that the rendered file is 50p but it still looks like it has been rendered like 25p.
I can remember that we have this annoying issue also some time ago in PD19, but can't remember the solution.
Quote What works for me is:
- set the project to 21:9 mode and add one or more clips to the time line. On the question, do not change the project to accommodate for the clip format.
- Drag the clip in the preview screen such that it fills the 21:9 screen.
- Copy the keyframe attributes (which btw are no longer in the “main” menu but part of the edit Clip Keyframe menu.
- select the appropriate clips in the time line and do a past keyframes. In my system these clips are now set similarly to the first clip.

Thanks, the hint that copy/paste keyframe attributes is no longer in the "main" menu has solved my issue. Must say that this option, which I frequent use, is now unnessary hidden.
I would like to use the new 21:9 aspect ratio option with my 16:9 footage. How do I quikly crop all 16:9 clips on the timeline so that they fill the 21:9 display without black bars left and right? The 16:9 clips should be cropped at top and bottom and not been streched. to 21:9.
My advice: Instead of correcting a Gopro 7 wide FOV in PD, which always results in lost of resolution and picture quality, better use a lower recording resolution with your Gopro which enables the linear FOV. For example instead a recording 4k in wide FOV, better record in 2k7 in linear FOV. Linear FOV doesn't need a correction afterwards.
I hope this issue will be solved in PD in near future. Thanks for your hint.

That's quick. This issue seems to be solved in the latest PD365 June update.
What still is an issue, is that it's not possible to render GPU supported with H.264 in FHD resolution, "Fast video rendering technology" stays grayed out. No problem with lower or higher resoltions.
Quote 3POINT, just curious, since I believe the CL patch corrected your issue with SVRT working with your source footage, does SVRT have this frame problem too or does the frame issue only occur when hardware encoding is used with AVC or HEVC?

Jeff

Yes indeed, I first discovered the issue with SVRT rendering, which was solved with the CL patch.
My 2160p50 H.264 footage is recorded with 100mbps and SVRT rendering works now fast and correct. For my UHDTV I would like smaller files at lower bitrates, therefor I tried hardware encoding to 2160p50 with H.264 and H.265. Which obviously doesn't work. Disabling hardware support gives correct 2160p50 but at at very slow rendering.
Updating to latest Nvidia Studio driver makes no difference. Must be a bug in PD because rendering to XAVC 3840x2160p50 works fine. Also with enabled Nvidia GPU rendering support.
Quote You've sone everything correctly so if the result looks choppy, try turning off hardware decoding from Preferences > Hardware Acceleration and also do not check the box for Fast video rendering technology on the Produce page. That will prevent PD from using your GPU for encoding and will only use the CPU.

Please post back with the results, and also with a link to the produced clip in a cloud folder if the problem remains.

Indeed, unchecking the box for Fast video rendering technology on the Produce page gives a clear 50p rendering result, ofcourse with a dramatic increase of needed rendering time. I hope this issue will be solved in PD in near future. Thanks for your hint.
The default (PAL) AVC/HEVC rendertemplates of PD for UHD (3840x2160) have 25 fps. My footage and timeline is 3840x2160p50. I would like to render to 3840x2160p50 so I manually changed the default 3840x2160p25 rendertemplate to 3840x2160p50. After rendering, the resulting video it is indeed 3840x2160p50 (according Mediainfo) but only when playing the video it still looks like its rendered as 3840x2160p25. Moving objects become choppy. It looks as if every second frame of the 50fps is left out. It doesnt matter if I use AVC or HEVC. Only the default XAVC 3840x2160p50 rendertemplate gives a correct result.
Isn't PD not able to render UHD with 50 fps with AVC/HEVC correctly?
Quote Hi all,

Ideal solution: set a static duration of the fade effect, like 3 seconds in and out regardless of clip duration. If this is possible, is there an option to apply it to all existing titles (I have several)?

How should that work when you change the clip duration to shorter than 6 sec?
As threadstarter, I also can confirm that the issue with SVRT rendering is solved after replacing the .dll with the .dll in the hotfix.
Thanks.
Quote I have saved three projects. I want that project to be scheduled at night time so that i can sleep and PD will export project one by one. Thank you

Just start Batch produce before you go to bed. There is no procedure for a scheduled batch produce.
Quote Boys, I found a strange solution for using of the newest version of PD (but only if you have older version too). Instead of putting video directly on the timeline (SVRT red) I put it in old version of PD (I have version 16). Without any editing I save the project in PD 16. Then I open PD365 and instead of inserting video I insert that project from PD 16. And hurray! I have green SVRT. I discovered it 20 min. ago and using it just now during editing of my new project. Not the best way, but it works. P.S. I only tried it with one video file, but I think if you have more videos, ju can separately save them as project in older version and then import them as projects in the PD365. Good luck!

This indeed works just for projects created in older PDversions and opened in PD365, but not for projects created in PD365.

Just to update, SVRT works fine for everything I've tried in the April perpetual 2808 update release on 4/19. As I indicated prior, it also worked in the prior 2/4, 2521 perpetual release.

Based on that, the issue appears isolated to the PD365 community.

What was CL response to your Apr 02 ticket?

Jeff

This was the answer I got from Tech Support:

Hi Theo,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that on PowerDirector 365 you are unable to produce or SVRT render any format after the latest update v19.3. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your concern, we suggest closing the software and restarting your computer to see if it helps. Otherwise, please do the following:
1. Update graphics card driver to the latest. You can download the latest driver from the AMD or NVIDIA or Intel’s website listed below. If you have any problem installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
2. Check whether the installed drive has enough space on it. This is because a large amount of memory space is required for buffering. Close other applications while PowerDirector is running.
3. Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator. If you lack administrator access privileges, the CyberLink application might be unable to access the necessary files it needs.
4. Restart PC > Open the software and check the condition.
If it is still the same, we suggest completely uninstall all the CyberLink software (CAM and PDR365) then reinstall it using the link that we will provide. Kindly follow the steps below:
1. Uninstall CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) and PowerDirector 365 software in Settings/Control Panel. Then uninstall.
1.2. Select "No" when dialog popped up to ask if keep personal setting
1.3. Delete three "CyberLink" folders at below installation path:
The Default installation path if you didn't change during setup is:
--"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink"
--"C:\ProgramData\CyberLink"
--"C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CyberLink"
(The AppData and ProgramData folder are hidden on Windows by default. To enter these folders, you have to show the hidden folders in Windows File Explorer by Microsoft instructions in advance:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
The {USERNAME} is your account name, which applied to sign in to Windows desktop.)
2. Reboot the computer.
3. Download our most updated CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) and ensure to install all the software in C. Use the link below to download the most updated CyberLink Application Manager:
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/application-manager/download_en_US.html
4. Log in to the CyberLink Account you used to purchase PowerDirector 365 software which is the registered email XXXXXXXX
5. Click on the My Programs tab.
6. Install all the software for PowerDirector 365 and install it in your C drive.
In case the concern remains, please provide us with the following information for checking:
1. Full page screenshot of the Product Version
1.1. Launch the software.
1.2. Click the Logo of the software or the word of the software to see the Product Version or SR number.
2. Full page screenshot of the error message (if any)
To take a full-page screenshot.
1. Press PrtScrn on the upper right side of the keyboard.
2. Open Windows Paint (press the Windows button, type the word Paint then click on the result to open the program).
3. Paste the screenshot (press Ctrl+V), then save the file (in .jpg format).
3. DxDiag
3.1. Press the Windows key and type DxDiag in the search box.
3.2. Click on Dxdiag.exe.
3.3. You will see a green progress bar in the bottom-left of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window while the program is gathering information.
3.4. When the progress bar disappears, it means your report is ready.
3.5. Click Save All Information.
3.6. Save the file to your desktop (make sure it is saving as a text file) and give it a name you will remember.
4. A short video using a mobile device or screen recording of the reproduced steps until you get to the part showing the producing concern. Please save and send it as a zip file or may upload it to Google Drive cloud storage.
Screen Recording
4.1. Launch PowerDirector software.
4.2 On the Capture tab, click the Capture from screen icon (the icon with the red circle)
4.3. Select Fullscreen, and then click the REC button.
4.4. There will be a pop-up window saying that the video will start recording.
4.5. Perform the steps you did to show the concern.
4.6 To stop the recording, click on the Screen Recorder window, and then click the Stop button. It will automatically be saved on C:\Users\Username\Documents. Locate the file and send it to us.
After you uploaded the video/files to the Google Drive cloud storage, we advised you to share the video/files with a public link to us, but not by email or cloud storage account invitation so we can view it on our end. Please see the steps below:
Google Drive or click here:
https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822
1. Upload the file to Google Drive.
2. Refer to step 2 in the article "Share a link to the file".
3. Get the sharable link of the files and give the links to us.
If you do not have a cloud storage account for the video and file upload, you can register a free Google Drive account storage service provider webpage in advance. Please check the Google Drive link below.
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,
Radford
CyberLink Technical Support

I didn't follow all steps, because I don't want to reinstall everything. To my opinion there's nothing wrong with my PC, SVRT rendering worked perfect before I upgraded to March PD365 edition.
Very disappointing that this bug isn't solved in the April PD365 update. I reinstalled my previous PD18 to have SVRT rendering working.
Quote In mijn PowerDirector blijft mijn voorbeeldvenster zwart geeft helemaal geen beeld meer wat kan daar de oorzaak van zijn

Er moet natuurlijk wel wat op je tijdlijn staan en het betreffende videospoor mag niet uitgeschakeld zijn.
Hopefully this glitch will be fixed soon.

Indeed, because this glitch makes PD365 for the moment useless for me.
Thanks guys for confirming.

The only thing that has been changed to the render process is following:

• Produce just a selected range of your project in the Produce window.

Maybe this (unnecesary) new feature causes the trouble. When I want to produce just a range of my project, I prefer to make the range selection directly on the timeline as used.
Go to: