Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
new video intro room
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately I updated. The new video intro room deleted the built-in intros and outros which I used quite often to start my own intros and outros. New we got hundreds of 10 seconds short quite boring templates. I want the original Cyberlink intros and outros back. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Video Template room still consists of the Express projects installed and imported from my earlier version of PD. This issue you found is explained by the PDM earlier. Here is the link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97242.page . There are a couple of ways that you may get the desired templates back. 1. Install an earlier version of PD365 in which I am using. 2. Install the PD20 Essentials and use it to start your project. Complete the project as needed with the PD365.

Others may have different suggestions.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unfortunately I updated. The new video intro room deleted the built-in intros and outros which I used quite often to start my own intros and outros. New we got hundreds of 10 seconds short quite boring templates. I want the original Cyberlink intros and outros back.

Hi,

Been digging about a bit so here goes.

Caveat:
I'm working on my system and I have several versions of PDR installed. Individual users may have different installs and configurations, especially downloaded templates (which I don't have). So the following may be slightly different on other installations, but it demonstrates a way to access the Express Project templates in principle.

Default Express Project templates (34 on my system) are located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack\Holiday Pack vol 7\ExpressProject [9 templates]
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1\ExpressProject [16 templates]
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2\ExpressProject [9 templates]

To access the templates:
My suggested workflow is as follows:
Copy the entire contents of the 3 locations to a convenient location on your own system - for example D:\PDR Express Projects on my system. This will give you a more usable location, with all templates in one location and leave the originals intact.
That will give 34 folders each containing an Express Project template.
They will be named Adventure-Ending, Adventure-Middle, Adventure-Opening or seasons greeting-Ending, seasons greeting-Middle, seasons greeting-Opening or whatever.
Open one of the template folders and you will see the full contents, including any subfolders. There is no need to do anything at this point.
Importantly, it will show a .pds project file, probably named after the folder name, such as Adventure-Ending.pds.
This is a packed project, so it will automatically access all the content to make the template work, which will be contained in the template folder you just opened.

To use the templates:
Open PDR20

Using PDR GUI :
File>Open Project
Browse to required Template at your Express Project Template location
The Browse window should show the required .pds file
Select
Open
Merge media library content or not - as you require.
It will load as any other project. You can then use your own content to replace the placeholders as normal [I hope, as I haven't tested all of them!]
Important - Save your project choosing your choice of name - to avoid overiding the copied template

Using File Explorer :
Navigate to the template required, locate the .pds file, drag the .pds file to PDR20 and it will load as any other project. Proceed as above.

You can, of course, also insert the template just as you would with any project file - either as a nested or expanded project - into your main project.

Hope that demonstrates the principle. Some details may differ on other configurations, and I haven't explored any downloaded templates, but I would think the same priciple applies, once the template has been located and identified.

I have only tested this, but it would be interesting to see if it works OK for someone who uses the templates regularly.
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2022 10:49

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I had a lot of these "Express Projects" in my PD365.
At the described location on my C-drive I just find back a few. The content Pack Premium folders i have, are all empty.
I'm really disappointed about this last update because this new video intro room is really useless to me.
An update should add usefull new features and not replace/delete usefull existing features.
I'm really thinking about ending my subscription. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
In addition to the is very good overview by vn800rider, while poking around in my system (after a fresh Windows 11 installation, hence the reinstallation of PD 365), I discovered that the mentioned templates could be found in my system in the c:\Program Files folder (not (x86)).
Using the Application Manager I could also download older Content packs, those belonging to the previous versions I obtained. Installing those placed all template files in the \program Files folder.
Next to the express projects mentioned, I discovered 12 in the folder Travel Pack 5, and 12 in the Content Premium Pack 3, ExpressProject folder. Maybe there are more.
Using CAM there appears to be a catch though: Not ALL packs can be obtained via CAM, e.g. when trying to install the holiday pack 7 mentioned, CAM refers to the latest version of the PD program, from where the effect scan be downloaded. This (as far as I can see) does not apply to the express projects.
Of course you can go as far as install the older versions of PD and/or the Suites separately, which in principle will make those express projects available again. You can delete these versions again, but before you do, I suggest that you copy the template folders to a save place, in case they are removed as part of the uninstall too. You can obtain the projects as mentioned by opening the project file (pds).
I cannot understand why CyberLink did not think of a more customer friendly route to the old, in many cases part of the purchased (not 365) templates. They now can only be found using "tricks" as described by vn800rider.
Although CL points out that in some cases the (old) templates can be found (https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27217). I was not able to find them. I suggest that they are made available on an easier to find place, or via the Application Manager or even better in PowerDirector as normally was the case.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 13. 2022 13:35

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Although CL points out that in some cases the (old) templates can be found (https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27217). I was not able to find them. I suggest that they are made available on an easier to find place, or via the Application Manager or even better in PowerDirector as normally was the case.

More digging - does this page help, I wonder?

https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/pdr/EXP?AP=PDR&Version=18#EXP_-1_createtime_0_ALL_WORLDWIDE_thumb_1

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.