Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello Guys

Sorry for my english. This is my first post in this forum.
I have the same problem as the author of this thread so I decided to continue in this place.

I have built PC using all "certified" for UHD parts. Advisor shows "pass" in evere field except "powerdvd 17 or above". I have power dvd 19 ultra but advisor do not detest it. So all looks fine but initiation process stucks at the end and I have no ANY idea where is the problem. I'll be thankful for your help.

My config is:
i5 8400
Gigabyte z390 Aorius pro wifi - hdmi 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
Pioneer UHD SATA drive
SGX enabled in bios.
Samsun QLED 4K connected directly to MB HDMI out
HDR on
HEVC instaled
Windows 10 64bit
PowerDVD 19 Ultra
MSI RTX 2070 instaled but not used

In attachemed please find my Advisor report

Your symptom is not the same as this post because the advisor indicates that your PC has passed the compatibility examination.

Contact their service team for help.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

The author of this post made a pretty bad example to all other users that he keeps arguing something that cannot be changed and already clearly clarifed by cyberlink's public documentation.
Why Cyberlink mentions Nvidia and AMD cards in their minium requirements (in UHD 4k True Theateric section) is a question mark for me when it is very clear that you don't need that or it is even compatible with it. I'm still waiting on a answer on this from the support.

Interesting.

OK, you win the arguement.
In most cases, the winner is usually the happiest guy, but unfortunately you still cannot play Ultra HD Blu-ray via nvidia or amd gpu in powerdvd.

Because:
Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics and supports HDCP 2.2. If your computer includes more than one graphics processor, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics.

I quote this exactly from cybersuck faq for you in case you keep ignoring this.

Clear enough?
The statement is crystally clear for me.
My version is 4.2.0.7437.

I'm wondering that the condition might not occur if you record the desktop (custom area) directly, but not the UWP game screen.
Screen Recorder has a game support list. Certain game screen might not be recordable because of compatibility.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23822&prodId=372&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=
I found the Custom mode recorded the video fine from my custom selected area no matter on which monitor (need not to change the monitor setup settings first). Perhaps you can use this mode for recording app window as a workaround.
Quote like the infamous waveforms not showing bug - were duplicatable by almost everyone.

I don't think the waveform not showing problem is an infamous one. At least, my videos work fine.
"Duplicated by almost everyone" is such an exaggerated statement as it seems the problem do not occur with all videos.

Here is the user community for exchanging technical or editing tricks among users, and you can talk with their support service to elaborate how you think the bugs are everywhere, and their engineers are idiots.

Do some good and help users here.
Stop just complaining as it is too easy and too much on the Internet.
Intel had abandoned the graphic driver updates for NUC for a long time, but finally released the new graphic driver updates at the end of 2019 to cover for most of previous Intel NUC models:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29230/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers-for-Intel-NUC

Try that new one that includes all the HDR issue fixing in the past between new Windows 10 versions.
Windows 7? Let me guess, is your video encoded with Dolby audio?

Dolby audio is no longer supported on Windows 7 with new version of PD.

Read this:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=24372&prodId=4&prodVerId=1417&CategoryId=-1&keyword=
If it occurs with certain clip only, move the video file to other folder temporarily in windows file explorer.

Moving the file aims to let powerdirector not load it at all after opened your project.

thanks for the reply.
Your solution doesn't work for me. There is a link to my project with a sample file.
I've contacted tech support.

I cannot reproduce the same condition using your project. No brighter video or stronger colors got produced in my output.

Try not to use the GPU hardware encoder (Fast Video Rendering Technology), and produce the video again in pd.
It might have differences in the result.
Quote 3 years ago I looked into a Davinci Resolve. It was kind of a resource hog on my notebook and quite complex. But you know what? In last 3 years, they have added an audio module (Fairlight), integrated their Hollywood grade special effects module (Fusion) and just recently added a Cut module apart to Edit, so that basic cuts are easier to do. And all of that is for free. If you decide to go Pro, you pay 299 USD. Not annualy, this is a one-off payment and you get asccess to additional plugins. A real plugins, not a hybrid versions like outdated Titler which Cyberlink is offering.

I think nothing is free.
All "free" contents you received cost someone's time, money, efforts to get them done.

A company must find a way to take all the costs back otherwise they will get bankrupted to ashes, or they will need to drop the features to zero one day.

I saw many friends they might purchase one version of software (e.g. Microsoft Office, or cyberlink powerdirector, etc.), and keep it in use for many years without paying any more penies to the software company.

They might ask for technical support after approximately 3~5 years because the OS has been upgraded to Windows 10 and The old software didn't work well on the new OS. And, they think they are entitled to the free technical support because a software isn't like a hardware that would get physically broken. Software won't die actually as they are digital products.

The service cost is considerably huge when these requests require support agents or engineers engaged additionally.

The conventional "one-time payout" business model would gradually suffocate software companies as the margin of PC industry has decreased largely nowadays.

I vote for subscription as it is a sustainable concept and brings mutual benefits between customer and manufacturer.
Quote I was in the editing tab. I had a project open with about 7 layers and everything was going good. I clicked on a image at the bottom to drag into the layers panel, It asked me a question I clicked no and it collapsed all my layers, I couldn't undo, I had to start over, Kinda annoying so how do I prevent myself from making that mistake again on accident in the future?

Save your layers editing as PHI file or virtual copy before add other new pieces. A PHI file is like a PSD file that saved by Photoshop, but it is for photodirector use only.
Got a new file from thier support team:
ftp://428:HGJ949U3@ftp.gocyberlink.com/VDE192028-0105/PDR18_Transparent_Refreshed.zip
I can preview RLE transparent MOV normally in pd18 using the above dlls.

You may try it with the same steps, and check if it works with your transparent MOV videos.
I think those ProDAD or fonts plugin that offered in cyberlink app manager are unlikely to show "installed" as their setup is independent from standard cyberlink software installation I've ever used.

After installed, you may run those plugins or fonts completely without powerdirector, or uninstall them separately without touching any cyberlink programs.

"Re-download" offers you the possibility to reinstall those 3rd-party things anytime.
Let's do a simple math, the time length of the source video you recorded is 7 hours. The bitrate is about 800 kbps. (kbit per second)

Now, if you increase the video bitrate from 800 kbps to 15000 kbps, to make it simple, and we exclude the possible video compression and all other factors when producing the video, the predicted video file size after the export is close to below:

3.47 GB x (15000 / 800) = approx. 60 GB.

It is expected that the produced file size will become huge because the bitrate increased.
Hi Jason,

I have similar case as you mentioned and resolved by 1916 beta patch from forum.

Perhaps, you can give it a shot, FYI.
Go to: