Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stuck at Initiating components for Ultra HD Blu-ray...
Ballpin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2020 13:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I recently bought PowerDvd 19 and checked the Minium requirements. My computer specs has it all.

Verbatim UHD 4k Player
[url=https://www.verbatim.se/sv/prod/ultra-hd-4k-external-slimline-blu-ray-writer-43888/]https://www.verbatim.se/sv/prod/ultra-hd-4k-external-slimline-blu-ray-writer-43888/[/url]
Geforce 1080 Ti
Intel i7-8700
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
32 Gb Ram DDR4
Samsung 49" CRG9 Dual QHD Curved QLED Gaming Monitor
[url=https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49-crg9-dual-qhd-curved-qled-gaming-monitor-lc49rg90ssnxza/]https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49-crg9-dual-qhd-curved-qled-gaming-monitor-lc49rg90ssnxza/[/url]
Windows 10 Home Edition
Intel SGX Enabled

[b]Problem[/b]
PowerDvd gets stuck on iniating components. Nothing happends once the blue bar is full.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Not being able to install CyberLink software is pretty rare, so must be some kind of issues with your Windows install that would cause this. Follow the requested steps and generate your DXDiag.txt file and attach it here.

Also send it to CyberLink Technical support, because they will give you the best help:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Dave

P.S. FYI, your computer does not meet the requirements for UHD BD playback if you don't have an Intel GPU, if you were wondering: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81087.page#333491
Ballpin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not being able to install CyberLink software is pretty rare, so must be some kind of issues with your Windows install that would cause this. Follow the requested steps and generate your DXDiag.txt file and attach it here.

Also send it to CyberLink Technical support, because they will give you the best help:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Dave

P.S. FYI, your computer does not meet the requirements for UHD BD playback if you don't have an Intel GPU, if you were wondering: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81087.page#333491

Thanks for the reply i sent an e-mail to the support.

My computer do meet the requirements.

I'm Using Intel CPU-8700k with Asus Geforce 1080 Ti, you can't use Intel Graphics Card at the same time as you are using a PCI-E Graphic Card. That would cause a conflict in the monitor. You can however switch bettwen graphic cards but that will require that you turn off one and turn on the other one. Laptops usually provides that feature through the EFI. That feature only workks good though if both Graphic cards are connected to the same Video Output. For desktops it won't becuase once PCI-E card is off so is the video output unless the cable is connected striaght to motherboard.

For my part there is no reason to do that while using Geforce 1080 Ti that has support for UHD and 4K.

The Graphic Card pool thet DirectX 12 provides should also be able to use the Intel GPU from the motherboard if it is neccesary thats kinds the whole point with DirectX 12.

From Intels Website

Processor Graphics

Processor Graphics ‡Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Graphics Base Frequency350 MHz
Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency1.20 GHz
Graphics Video Max Memory64 GB
4K SupportYes, at 60Hz
Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4)‡4096x2304@24Hz
Max Resolution (DP)‡4096x2304@60Hz
Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel)‡4096x2304@60Hz
DirectX* Support12
OpenGL* Support4.5
Intel® Quick Sync VideoYes
Intel® InTru™ 3D TechnologyYes
Intel® Clear Video HD TechnologyYes
Intel® Clear Video TechnologyYes
# of Displays Supported ‡3
Device ID0x3E92

Source: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/126684/intel-core-i7-8700k-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 08. 2020 01:09

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
This is an old story.

No matter how POWERFUL or expensive of your NVIDIA GPU is, it does not support " Ultra HD Blu-ray " movie disc playback.
The requirements have clarfied this explicitly.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144

For 4k video file playback, or 4k video streaming. the "4K" here is just a simple term or description of "video resolution", but it does not have the exactly identical DRM that "Ultra HD Blu-ray" movie disc contains. The GPU hardware should support the compatibility to play such DRM content.

Nowdays, there is only inferior and incompetent Intel graphic output support the compatibility.
Why? Physical disc is not popular these days. NVIDIA or AMD doesn't care about the compatibility.

Period.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 08. 2020 02:48

Ballpin [Avatar]
[Post New]
I finally resolved my issue and found a reasonable explination. As i said at the start of the thread my computer meets the requirements.

From my research i learned that in order to play uhd 4k movies through the blur-ay disc you need to install Intel SGX driver on your windows 10. Even if you have it enabled in BIOS it does not seem to be enough you do need a driver for it to. You also need the HEVC codec from Microsoft Store. Your monitor also needs to have HDR support because once it goes into 4K mode it changes the video signal to HDR. In Windows you should also have Play HDR Mode off otherwise PowerDvD will just crash, it seems to handle it on it's own.

Regarding Nvidia Graphics i learned that Intel SGX don't work with third party graphic cards (meaning cards manifactured by asus, msi.. and so on..). It'is only comptaible with Intel Graphic Cards, if you look at my CPU Specs under "processor graphics" you can see that it is using Intel® UHD Graphics 630. Once you connect the HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.2 cabel to the motherboard you will use that graphic card as long you have selected that to be the primary in bios or EFI. This was the reason why Advanced Audio/video Path always failed when i did Cyberlink Blu-ray advisor. While the rest of the tests always passes.

Why Cyberlink mentions Nvidia and AMD cards in their minium requirements (in UHD 4k True Theateric section) is a question mark for me when it is very clear that you don't need that or it is even compatible with it. I'm still waiting on a answer on this from the support.

The only problem i have now is that monitor is to wide for the movies and i can't really get the aspect ratio in order. However i think i can resolve in the monitor settings.

EDIT: Added an image to prove it.
[Thumb - 20200108_215144_2.jpg]
 Filename
20200108_215144_2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1222 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2020 12:30

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Ballpin,

That's great that you got it working. This will be a good post for users that have similar setups.

Why Cyberlink mentions Nvidia and AMD cards in their minium requirements (in UHD 4k True Theateric section) is a question mark for me when it is very clear that you don't need that or it is even compatible with it. I'm still waiting on a answer on this from the support.

The only problem i have now is that monitor is to wide for the movies and i can't really get the aspect ratio in order. However i think i can resolve in the monitor settings.

You're mixing some things up here. The "UHD 4k TrueTheater section" is talking about video file playback with TrueTheater enhancments enable. In the spec, there is clearly a section for "Ultra HD Blu-ray", which only computers with certain Intel GPUs can play. Video file playback is about performance. Ultra HD Blu-ray is about performance and most importantly, security, hence the need to install SGX. Don't confuse the two.

For your monitor aspect ratio issue. Have you tried the "Crop to fit" button?

Dave

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 21. 2020 03:10

Bronze_F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2015 21:31 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]

Interesting.

OK, you win the arguement.
In most cases, the winner is usually the happiest guy, but unfortunately you still cannot play Ultra HD Blu-ray via nvidia or amd gpu in powerdvd.

Because:
Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics and supports HDCP 2.2. If your computer includes more than one graphics processor, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics.

I quote this exactly from cybersuck faq for you in case you keep ignoring this.

Clear enough?
The statement is crystally clear for me.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 10. 2020 04:14

Ballpin [Avatar]
[Post New]

Interesting.

OK, you win the arguement.
In most cases, the winner is usually the happiest guy, but unfortunately you still cannot play Ultra HD Blu-ray via nvidia or amd gpu in powerdvd.

Because:
Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics and supports HDCP 2.2. If your computer includes more than one graphics processor, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics.

I quote this exactly from cybersuck faq for you in case you keep ignoring this.

Clear enough?
The statement is crystally clear for me.

Winning the argument is not important to me. I came here after i had spent a lot of time on going through youtibe, Cyberlinks forum, help documents and guides and so on. Then i tried my best to give a clear picture about what i had in front of me. Then the first two answers i got was "it wont work on your compiuter" without even reading my thread or the specs. That was what pissed me of.

A simple answer like "try making your intel gpu as primary in motherboard and connect your hdmi cabel to it, if that does not work you are missing something".

That would have been good enough.
fenolski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2020 16:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Guys

Sorry for my english. This is my first post in this forum.
I have the same problem as the author of this thread so I decided to continue in this place.

I have built PC using all "certified" for UHD parts. Advisor shows "pass" in evere field except "powerdvd 17 or above". I have power dvd 19 ultra but advisor do not detest it. So all looks fine but initiation process stucks at the end and I have no ANY idea where is the problem. I'll be thankful for your help.

My config is:
i5 8400
Gigabyte z390 Aorius pro wifi - hdmi 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
Pioneer UHD SATA drive
SGX enabled in bios.
Samsun QLED 4K connected directly to MB HDMI out
HDR on
HEVC instaled
Windows 10 64bit
PowerDVD 19 Ultra
MSI RTX 2070 instaled but not used

In attachemed please find my Advisor report
 Filename
CyberLink_Advior_Log_20200220_210106.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Advisor report
 Filesize
917 bytes
 Downloaded:
345 time(s)
Bronze_F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2015 21:31 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Guys

Sorry for my english. This is my first post in this forum.
I have the same problem as the author of this thread so I decided to continue in this place.

I have built PC using all "certified" for UHD parts. Advisor shows "pass" in evere field except "powerdvd 17 or above". I have power dvd 19 ultra but advisor do not detest it. So all looks fine but initiation process stucks at the end and I have no ANY idea where is the problem. I'll be thankful for your help.

My config is:
i5 8400
Gigabyte z390 Aorius pro wifi - hdmi 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
Pioneer UHD SATA drive
SGX enabled in bios.
Samsun QLED 4K connected directly to MB HDMI out
HDR on
HEVC instaled
Windows 10 64bit
PowerDVD 19 Ultra
MSI RTX 2070 instaled but not used

In attachemed please find my Advisor report

Your symptom is not the same as this post because the advisor indicates that your PC has passed the compatibility examination.

Contact their service team for help.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

The author of this post made a pretty bad example to all other users that he keeps arguing something that cannot be changed and already clearly clarifed by cyberlink's public documentation.