Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks. That worked. It's bad enough that Cyberlink updates so often, but it's really difficult when they change where stuff is.

Hi,

Top line menu>Plugins>AI Style Plugins

Should get you to where you want?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
I've used these in the past on videos and now I can't find them. Any idea where they are? Thanks, tom
So, I'm flooded with Effect Packs to download, but I don't see any tutorials or previews to help decide which ones to download and how to use them. Any suggestions?

Remember that Upload is one of the choices you have and if you'not not interested in sharing it, all you need to do is choose Save. There are still the extra steps of right-clicking on the saved preset and exporting it to a folder on your PC, then double-clicking on that to install it for PD, but there's no need for any internet connection.

You can let CL know you'd like to see a simpler (or even automatic) way to share color presets between PD and CD by going to Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under the File menu in either program.

There's no "way around this" because of the significant amount of computation needed to apply the preset to the clip. RAM isn't the limiting factor, your CPU's processing power is.

In addition, be aware that PD can't use the system's GPU when producing, so all LUT and color preset rendering has to be done by the CPU which can take much longer than producing the same project without color adjustments.

Thank you so much. Appreciate the clear explanation.
I'd add that I wrote an earlier question regarding slow rendering and nobody said, 'oh, btw, are you using color presets? If so, that could be the issue.'
Best, Tom
Does photodirector have a green screen function to avoid all the arduous erasing of background?
When I add color presets, my preview is slowed down, pausing for a second at each clip that has color presets added. I have 32 RAM, and an otherwise fast Windows computer. Anyone find a way around this?
Quote I'm not sure what to tell you. Here's a screen recording of me calling up CD from inside PD, downloading your Yellow preset from DirectorZone and applying it.

As you can see, once it's installed both CD and PD can access it.

Thank you.
Right. Instead of your preset transporting directly to PD, the logical choice, Cyberlink makes you take the extra steps of uploading and downloading your preset (this I have now, finally, been so educated). It's nuts. What if you're working without internet? What if you don't want the world using your preset?

Try, right click on a video on the timeline and select Reset All Undocked Window

T

This worked? After an hour of trying other suggestions, so easy. Thank you.
Quote With some help from the Moderator, I've tracked down where the undocked Preview window position is stored and have created a quick way to return a runaway window to the screen

With PD closed, open the registry editor (start typing regedit into the Windows search bar) then click on the icon link that appears. Go to Edit | Find... (or type Ctrl+F) then copy and paste DisplayPanelPopupWnd and click Find Next.

Once the key is found, look in the right panel and double click on the key names shown inside the green boxes one at a time and change the Data contents for each one as follows:

You can now close the registry editor and launch PD.

If the Preview window was undocked (and located somewhere offscreen), it should immediately appear near the top left corner of the monitor. If it is docked when PD starts, undocking it should cause it to appear at the top left part of the screen instead of wherever it was before.

Once the Preview window is visible, you can move and resize it all you want and PD will remember the new undocked location from now on đź‘Ť

If the Library Preview window ever goes missing, you can follow the same steps for the LibraryPopupWnd key that's 3 keys down from DisplayPanelPopupWnd.

This didn't work for me. Still no Preview window. Any other ideas?
I have the same issue. Pushed the button to untether the viewing screen and it disappeared. I don't see it hidden on either monitor and now don't even care to untether it again. I'd be happy to go back to the standard view so I can finish my video without having to write notes asking for help.
Happily editing in PD 365. Hit the button that I thought would disconnect the viewing screen from the rest of the editing so I could enlarge it. Viewing screen disappeared. The space it was in is now full of media content. The View choices don't help.
Quote Seems like you left out a few steps in your description. When you created the color preset in CD, there was a choice to Upload or Save it. It sounds like you chose Upload, but then you also have to download it and double-click on the .cdadj file to install it for PD to use.

Once you've done that, it will show up in FX | Color Preset | Downloaded Presets.

If you had clicked Save in CD, that seems to only save it for use in CD and PD isn't able to automatically import it. You can export it from CD and it will create the .cdadj file wherever you want to save it, and then you can double click on it to install it for PD to use.

Hi. Yes, I've been in and out of CD several times both saving my preset and uploading (which I can see in the cloud and downloaded), but it's never shown up in color presets which is where I look for in, perhaps incorrectly.
OK, so I go from PowerDirector 365 into Color Director and create a color preset, then I go back into PowerDirector and Effects Room, but cannot find my color preset (I see all the stock ones, but not mine). I see it in Cyberlink cloud! and others have already used it! but I can't find it in my PowerDirector. Please help. Tom
Quote It's not how many gigabytes of RAM you have, it's how powerful your CPU is (and possibly also what kind of graphics card/GPU is installed).

You say this is your "most ambitious" project, and if you haven't worked multiple tracks or 4K content before you may not have run up against the limits of your system's performance before. Again, lowering the preview resolution or turning on shadow files may help.

Thank you. t
Quote You should definitely try outputting your video as an MP4 to see if you see that pause in the final output.

Meantime, it sounds like you've got a resource issue.

Which processor do you have with how much RAM? I assume your media and project are on your C drive.

What device recorded your video and what is that video's resolution and format?

I have 32 RAM. I'll look at these other issues. Thanks for your help. tom
Quote You say it stalls when you "play it back" but you "haven't tried producing it yet."

That actually means you're previewing the timeline content and PD has to process all the edits you've made as the playhead moves along. Some of the transitions take a lot of computing power and your PC simply isn't able to do all the processing in real time.

Reducing the preview resolution will help and more importantly, the problem won't show up at all in the produced video.

I'll try producing it. I've made a lot of videos and never seen this before. But this is my most ambitious. I do have 32 RAM which should be plenty. Thanks. tom
PowerDirector 365, Windows, updated. I'm editing a video. When I play it back, it stalls between clips for a second before proceeding. It doesn't do this between all clips. It seems to always do it between the same clips, but I don't see anything unique about those clips. I've color corrected. It doesn't help to render it. I haven't tried producing it yet. Thanks, tom
Long time PD user. Windows. 365. In the last two weeks playback has slowed, images stall. No change in my computer and otherwise my computer working fast. Any reason? Solution? This seems isolated to PD.
How to add a background rectangle of color to make titles readable.
Quote Opacity control - yes.

Maybe you should post future PhD questions in the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Cheers - Tony

Yes, true, but I'm also referring to Cyberlink help and Youtube/Cyberlink. Type in PhotoDirector and get lots of answers for powerdirector.
t
Go to: