Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I finally got around to finishing that little project, here's the end result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlB6rFquBPo

Thank you for the assistance, very much appreciated
Thank you very much for taking the time to show me this, I wasn't even aware we could do it!

I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with and post the link to the finished video when it's done
Quote Produce each clip with the style that you want. Then place them on separate tracks with the overlap that you want. Create a fade between them. Works very well.

Thank you, didn't actually think of this, although I don't know how to do it with the clips on seperate tracks. I've only got a 25 second time lapse clip, so I'm placing them next to each other on the timeline, then using a fade transition between the two that places the two tracks one on top of the other. Seems to be working well!
I have some timelapse footage of the sky, what I'd like to do is use some of the premade effects, such as 70's video, black and white, the very purple looking one (don't actually remember what it's called) and a few of the other more prominant and obvious effects, as well as make some of my own.

What I'd like to be able to do is slowly transition from one effect to the other over 30 seconds, so you start off black and white and slowly move to very high red exposure, then over another 30 seconds slowly move to a blurred effect and so on. Is this possible with this program? If so, how would I go about getting the slow transition from one to another? Applying a set effect is easy enough, but it's slowly blending from one to another that I need for my project.

Thank you for your time
Quote I just suggest you try all the options to see which one or none works.

What I don't understand is why, when I'm using the same audio codec, does it work for AVI but not MP4?
My recorder has options for Raw PCM or MP3, I've always used the PCM one. I'll try the MP3 one and see if that does anything, although I don't know much about what different codecs are best suited for what situations.

If that doesn't work I might just have to put up with manually extracting the audio when I import the files. It's really more of a nuiscance rather than a major inconveniance!
Hey, I've been using PowerDirector for several years now and I've been working in WMV files and more recently AVI files.

I've encountered some issues with AVI in this last week so I've started recording using MP4. I record gaming, around 800GB of footage per week and use it to produce videos through PowerDirector 15 for my YouTube channel. My AVI files, when imported into PDR15 would have video and audio. The new MP4 files do not, there is only video. However if I right click on the file and extract audio I can create a seperate WAV file and then I have my audio back.

Is this normal behaviour or is there some way to import the MP4 files with a simple drag and drop as I've been doing with AVI, that will how the audio as well as the video? I've not used MP4 before for editing as I've always done my recording with AVI or WMV.

Thank you for your time

Frith
Still doing it, still have PDR.exe errors. Since upgrading to 15 it also randomly crashes during editing.
So as it says in the title I've now bought my third installment of Power Director and it's crashing every time I render. This is something that's happened from the start, with 13, 14 and now 15. Normally after editing my video I set it to render, it will go to start and will crash immediately. Then, after restarting it will render just fine.

I have a custom profile to render which is MP4 on H.264 codec.

The frame rate of the recorded footage is 60, the output is set to 60

I'm recording gameplay using D3DGear and use MPEG-4 Version 2 Codec, recorded in AVI2 all at 1920x1080

The bitrate of the final project is set to 60k for some projects or 30k for other projects, it depends if I've time lapsed any of the gaming footage. The bitrate is set as high as possible to try and limit compression artifacts that I occasionally have trouble with.

For a short while, whilst using these settings on PDR 14 I had the option of using hardware acceleration and had no crashes at all. That's the only time it's not crashed in 3 versions.

For no reason I can fathom, the hardware option stopped being available and I was back to it crashing on the first edit every time.

Sometimes, for no particular reason it will crash four or five times in a row before actually starting to render.

I upgraded yesterday to PDR15 and the first render (yesterday) crashed the first time, then worked. No hardware acceleration option available either.

Now, for no reason, it's simply not working at all.

Previous attempts to find a solution from the company have resulted in long rambling talks about what DVD I'm using. No DVD's, I'm not making DVD's, I'm producing video for YouTube onto harddrive. This explanation was met with resistance and more rambling about DVD's ensued. I was marked as problem solved. Tried again, same result. I've asked for solutions on this forum previously and been told it's down to errors showing at the bottom of the dxdiag report. I've cleared those errors completely and still have the exact same issues. I've had 40 errors showing up and still had the same issues.

My new list of errors runs from WER0 through to WER9.

WER1 through to WER9 are all AppHangB1 errors, with the problem signature being PDR.exe

I'm attaching a copy of my dxdiag, performed immediately after a computer restart.

Has anyone had a long list of PDR.exe errors and found a solution to them?

Hopefully I've covered all the details!

PS, every time it's crashed, I submit the report, I think I'm up to about 3000 reports now all of the same problem so I'm confidant that any day now a fix will be rolled out...
Here is the latest crash report, is anyone able to tell me if there is anything useful in this info?

Thank you for your time

Frithgar
Today it's decided to simply not render at all. Is there any point in sending my email with the error files? I've never heard any response and nothing has ever changed, therefore I must assume they never read them. They've simply added it to make idiots like myself feel better.
Version is PowerDirector Ultimate 14 64-bit 14.0.2707.0

I've attached the dxdiag, also screen shots for work space and produce page showing my custom settings as much as possible.

The issue occurs when using the smart rendering option and without. It occurs whenever I start a new project, but reopening an existing project (recovering from a crash) will usually allow it to render. Not every time though.

I've disabled shadow file generation, it's made no difference to the issue

Thank you for your time
At work on my phone at present so the files will need to wait until tomorrow. In answer to your questions, no I don't have nvidia, I have a Radeon top end eyefinity capable graphics card. I also have a very good processor and 16gb of RAM. Usually the shadow files haven't finished generating when I start rendering, it simply takes too long to wait for them. Some of my projects involve several hours of footage. I will try to get the files posted up tomorrow afternoon (I'm working a night shift right now). Incidentally, the project page is telling me it's at 25 fps, whereas my files I work with are all 60. Am I safe to assume that the 25fps is a placeholder and it does in fact render at 60 fps as per my customised settings?
Small update, I'm using H.264 AVC now instead of XAVCS. I have the bit rate and fps set the same on a custom setting. If the auto selected option of SVRT fast video rendering is selected then the program crashes every time. If it's not, it crashes the first time, but not when I recover the project and overwrite the first file. If I don't overwrite but give a new file name, it will crash.

I've tried using an input file of WMV and AVI2, both with the same result. I have a 5 second clip that I use before and after videos, if I use it, then that 5 second clip will render, then PD14 will crash, if I don't use it, then it crashes right at the start. The five second clip is an animated text sequence made using PD13
I had PD13, after windows 10 it started crashing every time I rendered a project. I upload gaming videos to YouTube and need to record, edit and render on a daily basis. After the crash, I would dutifully send in my report to cyberlink along with my email address so they can inform me of any fix etc. I'm not convinced anyone ever reads those reports. When I reopened pd13 it would tell me that the last project crashed, would I like to rescue it. Yes. I would then go back to the produce page, select the exact same settings as previously (XAVCS file, MP4, customised to 27.5mb and 60fps). Select the same file name and tell PD13 to overwrite and it would render the project without any issues at all.

I started having problems being able to edit avi files at all, tried numerous fixes and in the end decided I'd upgrade to PD14. I now have a £50 upgrade that not only crashes when I try to render, but now crashes when I reopen and attempt the same thing again. It simply will not render on my customised settings of 60fps. I need 60fps as that's what I record my gaming at, and what most games run at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I had custom settings in PD13, I changed the frame rate to 60, then changed the bit rate to 27.5 MBPS. Did try 30 as well but it seemed to make no discernible difference to the end product. I probably need to learn a lot more about bit rates etc though as it was mostly guess work and experimentation! For the record, I'm not dealing with camera footage, my videos are PC gaming recordings for my YouTube channel and I use 60 fps to keep it in line with the recordings.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking that myself. I'm thinking I might just bite the bullet and upgrade to 14. The other programs in the suite are fine, but 13 seems to have several issues since windows 10 upgrade. I'll be sure to keep a couple of copies on my spare hard drives this time!
Is it possible to get a fresh install of powerdirector 13, or the cyberlink director suite 3.0 that I bought last year? I'm having problems with powerdirector crashing every time I go to put it rendering. When I reopen the program and recover the project it will then go through with no problems. I'm also having a lot of trouble editing AVI2 video files when I have more than a couple of hours of footage to work with. I wanted to try cyberlinks suggestion of deleting everything from the hard drive and then trying a fresh install, but I can't find a download link for any of the older products. My download link from the originial email is no longer valid.

Thank you for your help

Craig
I use D3D Gear to record gaming. Up until now I've been recording my mic and game audio inputs on the same track and then rendering the whole video using powerdirector 13. I have a pre-recorded track that I attach to the beginning and end of the video and the program will crash every single time I render once it's gone through the pre-recorded 5 second clip. Then, after I reopen the recording and tell it to overwrite the previous rendering file, it works all the way through.

That's an issue I'm working around at the moment, just added it in case anyone has a fix!

My issue now is that I want to start recording my mic input in a seperate track so that I can edit my voice seperatly to try and remove and distortion or quiet areas. I tend to be fairly loud in my recordings so I want to try and edit it to a more level listening experience. After speaking to the devs of D3D, I've started recording in AVI2 instead of WMV, the audio is Raw PCM instead of MP3. We've verified that there are two seperate audio tracks and can listen to both of them seperatly with MPC-HC which is the media player that comes with D3D. If I play the AVI2 recording in Windows Media Player then both audio tracks play together and it sounds fine. When I open with powerdirector 13 however I can only hear my mic recording, not the game sounds. For some reason it's not coming up with the other audio track and I can find no reference as to where it might be.

The reason we've used these settings is because the developer of D3D is not familiar with CPD, however he does have experience with Sony Vegas and said that Sony does sometimes have issues with seperate tracks when recording in MP3.

Any assistance would be fantasitc, because I really want to be able to improve my voice audio, and I can't do it when recording into the same track as game audio!
It's nothing to do with mentality, the I record at the same frame rate that the program will produce at, that's either 25fps or 50fps. I've not found any option to output a video in a suitable format for youtube at 60fps. I choose 25 over 50 purely because it's less file space and I've not heard that one gives better performance over another. My own experiments using 50 as both the input recording and output yield the same results, it's still blurred in places.
Go to: