Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can we make a slow transition between video effects?
Frithgar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2015 12:24 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have some timelapse footage of the sky, what I'd like to do is use some of the premade effects, such as 70's video, black and white, the very purple looking one (don't actually remember what it's called) and a few of the other more prominant and obvious effects, as well as make some of my own.

What I'd like to be able to do is slowly transition from one effect to the other over 30 seconds, so you start off black and white and slowly move to very high red exposure, then over another 30 seconds slowly move to a blurred effect and so on. Is this possible with this program? If so, how would I go about getting the slow transition from one to another? Applying a set effect is easy enough, but it's slowly blending from one to another that I need for my project.

Thank you for your time
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Produce each clip with the style that you want. Then place them on separate tracks with the overlap that you want. Create a fade between them. Works very well. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Frithgar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Produce each clip with the style that you want. Then place them on separate tracks with the overlap that you want. Create a fade between them. Works very well.

Thank you, didn't actually think of this, although I don't know how to do it with the clips on seperate tracks. I've only got a 25 second time lapse clip, so I'm placing them next to each other on the timeline, then using a fade transition between the two that places the two tracks one on top of the other. Seems to be working well!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Look at the picture I have attached. The two clips are identical except I applied the black and white effect to one. Double click on each clip and enable the fade. One fades in and one fades out.

Now, notice the little white dots. You can drag them around to get the effect that you want. Mine are set to slowly transition to color.
[Thumb - pd.jpg]
 Filename
pd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2018 01:20

[Post New]
Thank you very much for taking the time to show me this, I wasn't even aware we could do it!

I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with and post the link to the finished video when it's done
Frithgar [Avatar]
[Post New]
I finally got around to finishing that little project, here's the end result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlB6rFquBPo

Thank you for the assistance, very much appreciated