Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I remove the Disc Burner icon from my screen. Can I just relocate to Recycle Bin.
Thanks,

Ian

EDIT: Just tried Recycle bin. Dosen't work

I've seen similar issues as noted with shadow files. You might make sure they are unselected in pref > General and also manually delete temporary files and see if overplay audio still exists.

Jeff

Didn't help! cry

Ian
Hi there,

This is not directly related to the subject except that I am using Bauhn DVD Maker to a project I am working on. I tried to create a new topic but the code wasn't showing, just an icon that wasn't doing anything and consequently I couldn't publish the topic.

I have cut & pasted the topic below. I was trying to ask for help with a sound problem. Sorry if I am "hijacking" my post of the above. Any way here goes:

Hoping someone can help me. I Have been converting old VCR holidat tapes to DVD for a family member . There are 11 tapes altogether, 10 have been completed without any problems. Of those tapes, running times vary from 18 minutes to about 75 minutes. The 11th conversion is causing me grief with the soundtracks. The full tape was about 97 minutes. editing has cut it down to 93 mins' FWIW the tape - as with all the others - can be classed as one clip. With editing splitting the scenes and deleting irellavent sections, the conversion is then made up of separate clips.

Now the problem, I am just over 1/3 of the way through - about 32 minutes - and the problem I am having is the the sound is all garbled. There appears to 2 or 3 sound clips sitting on "top of each other", each lasting about 2 - 3 seconds then repeating themselves, then 2 or 3more clips following, doing the same thing., and so on & so on.

This particular conversion is being re-edited as I missed 2 chapter settings in the original. I transferred the first version to DVD. That version plays OK on Power DVD as there is no problem with the sound. This has got me baffled. I was thinking I'll complete the edit and do a test burn and see if it shows up on the DVD.

In the meantime I hope somebody can explain what is happening.

Ian
Hi there,

I am creating menu pages for my current project, and when I add the Chapter positions some of the thumbnails have non-images. Usually when I add chapters they are added on a fade out/fade in section of the timeline, which means the thumbnails have a black image. and when the chapter position is added on an actual image that image shows in the thumbnail.

I have taken snapshops of the chapters. How do I add the snapshots to the thumbnails.

Thanks in advance.

Ian
Hi again,

I just noticed something re the titles. The back story is as follows: All my previous projects have been 16:9, but the current project is 4:3 as I am putting VCR vacation tapes onto DVD discs for a family member who is moving interstate in a few months., and doesn't want to take up room with the tapes.

So out of curiosity I changed the ratio to see what would happen and lo & behold the titles appeared when I went into 16:9, clicked back to 4:3 and they disappeared!

Any way I can use those 16:9 titles in 4:3?

Thaks again in advance.

Ian

Hi,
This was the last posting you made back in 2016 :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50513.page

Does that help?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

In a nutshell, NO

The version I have is 18.0.3801.0

Where do I go or what do I now?
Hi there,

I have just gone into tiles and noticed that I now have ZERO custom titles. I remember a few years back I had the same problem and asked for help to get them back, but I can't remember what the solution was.

So I am asking the same thing again, as I know I did get them to reappear.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian

EDIT: I'm using PD18.0.3801.0 (64Bit) Ultimate
SR number VDE210127-01

The previous version was 18.0.2725.0
OK, I have connected up a Panasonic NV-HD650MK2 to my PC and PowerDirector18. I have about 12 videos to convert from VHS to DVD of my daughter-in law's parents world travels over the years. Her father passed away in 2021 and her mother is moving interstate in about 4 or 5 months time, and wants to downsize the collection to DVDs.

This reply is in addtion to my original post on the same matter. At the moment I am partly working "blind" in regards to controls on the VCR due to not having the remote that works the unit. (My daughter-in-law and her mother have supplied the VCR but no remote. which I hope to have in a day or so). I have the VCR connected to the PC through the Bauhn DVD Maker DK8723. whch came with all the software required includingArcSoft ShowBiz - WHICH I AM NOT USING.

I have opened PD18 -> Capture -> Capture from an external or optical device, but nothing is happening with the capture. The VCR appears to be working OK as the counter is working. Am I missing something here?

Any help would be much appreciated. In the meantime I will search through manual to see what I can find.

Ian.
I have a query. The background to it is that I have been asked by a family member to transfer some holiday videos from VHS to DVD. I have been told that they are the full size VHS tapes and not VHS-C.

Some time ago (I think it was in the last 2 years), I purchased the Bauhn DVD Maker DK8723 from Aldi and I have just installed the capture software, but not the software they have for the editing. That software is ArcSoft ShowBiz.

What I would like to know is PowerDirector 18 compatible with the capture software. I don't particularly want to use ArcSoft ShowBiz.

Any help woud br appreciated. as I don't want to learn how ShowBiz works as I am quite happy with PowerDirector which I have been using since version 9

Thanks,

Ian
Hi there,

How do I place a picture in main movie. For example, I am creating a video of my model railway and I want to show a locomotive as a picture - say in top left hand corner of main video. How do I achieve this effect.

I have downloaded some effects but none are what i want. I have drawn an example of what I want. OOOPPPS Can't seem to upload drawing. frown

Ah well I hope my explanation is sufficient

Ian
Quote If you're saying that because of how you've recorded the video it ends up mirrored left-to-right, the obvious solution would be to adjust the camera settings so that it records with the correct orientation.

If you can't do that (or since you already have clips in that condition), you can mirror them in PD by dragging the Flip Canvas FX directly onto the source clips on the timeline, then click on the Effect button and set the Type to Horizontal.

Hi optodata, thanks for your quick reply. My camera is a Canon Legria HF R406. You open the preview screen door on the camera and the image as seen through the lens appears, this screen can be rotated so it's also viewed from the front of the camera and this is where the image is mirrored - I knew what I was trying to say, but I had a Seniors moment and forgot the term. undecided

I will try your suggestion later and see what happens.

Thanks again
Hi there,

I have a problem when using clips from my video camera. If I am doing a video clip to the camera, with the viewing screen facing me, on playback and consequently when editing, the image is reversed, i.e. any words or writing are back to front. How do I correct this when editing.

I hope that all makes sense. An example is wording on a T-shirt or a hoodie is backwards.

Ian
Hi there, I'm using PD18 Ultimate 18.0.2725.0.

I'm trying to make some how to videos for my Youtube channel, and there are sections where I want to speed up sections. I have tried the Video Speed Designer to do this, but can't seem to get the speed right. I have selected the clip I want to work with, clicked the Tools button, and then selected Power Tools > Video Speed.

The problem I have is that the scrubber slows down when it gets to the section I want to sped up, but the the audio appears to go out of sync when the section is completed, and then it keeps going at normal speed but the clip is still in the fast mode (7x - 10x). Also it is not a smooth running, the video either goes at the speed I require or it "jumps" around - fast, stop, slow, fast etc.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a video tutorial on how to do this?

Thanks,

Ian
As for IE11, I can use it on the forum and I'm never prompted for a verification code. Are you logging in with something like Google or Facebook? A direct email and password gets me in right away:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it only happens when I create a new topic. I assume it is to weed out the differnce between spam and genuine topics. After that it is all ok.
Hi there,

I have 2 queries.

1. Been using PD for many years and just upgraded to PD18 form PD16. On creating discs, both DVD and Bluray, I have had problems with the sound output being too loud. (Have not created disc with PD18 as yet.)

I have adjusted the sound in the timeline to a nice listening level, but when the disc is played back, I have to make a mad scramble for the remote to turn the sound down quite considerably. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong with the audio track? Any help would be appreciated.

My second query is a minor one but never the less a nuisance. I use IE11 for browsing. Don't like Edge! When I go to the community forum I have to use Chrome - which I am using for this topic - as IE11 won't show the Verification code. It only shows a white x on black background. Is this one of the "foibles" that has started to show up just recently?

Thanks
The location should be C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\

Thanks Tomasc,

I was looking through all my previous posts and found where the link was just as your reply came to my Inbox.

I can now go ahead with my upgrade. Will they all show up in PD18 straight away? I seem to remember last time that they didn't show up straight away, but there was a short time delay before they did.

Thanks again.
One last query, is/are there any "hidden" folders/subfolders where all the my downloaded titles, transitions, menus, etc. are kept?
I've searched through all - I think all - CyberLink folders/subfolders but can't seem to find them. If I can find them I would like to save the folders/subfolders to disc for future reference.

I know from previous upgrades that I was directed to them but can't remember what they were.

Thanks again.
Quote I have to say from the images you uploaded it looks very much like you got a full instal of PD18 and I cannot see any reason why (physically) you would ever lose the ability to run PD16.

Cautious users would always want to retain the option to go back to the earlier release if the new software presents problems and I cannot see CL restricting that freedom. I have asked CL for their ruling on whether an upgrade in any way restricts the user from running an earlier version.

That's what I thought. I will wait for a few more replies before I go ahead and intall PD18. At the moment it seems the upgrade will be done.
Ok everyone,

Seems this has partially gone off my original topic.

All I wanted to know is will I have problems finding my downloaded titles, menus, etc. Will they automatically show up in the upgraded installation or will I have to search for them?

I am running PD16 Ultimate with Windows 8.1. I think the PD18 Ultimate upgrade from PD16, maybe a new installation as on the order confirmation i received from CyberLink Online Shop it included a Product Key and 14 other files.

The main file link is 1_CyberLink_PowerDirector18_Ultimate_VDE190912-05.exe (I have highlighted the version). With the product key, this makes me think it maybe the full version. Am I correct in this assumption?

I have attached copies of the order confirmation.

EDIT:
I did save ALL of the DirectorZone downloads in a seperate folder on another drive, so I can reinstall them if I have to, but would prefer not to have to do this, due to the number of downloads.
Quote Further thought after re-reading posts above -

When I upgrade from PD16 to PD18 do I still have both versions installed - or has PD18 overwritten PD16?

Therre seems some confusion.

That is exactly one of the things I was worried about, as I would like to have PD16 as a fall back if PD18 did throw up any problems.

I hope someone can clarify that please.

Thanks.
Go to: