Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Volume on created discs higher than original file
Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I have 2 queries.

1. Been using PD for many years and just upgraded to PD18 form PD16. On creating discs, both DVD and Bluray, I have had problems with the sound output being too loud. (Have not created disc with PD18 as yet.)

I have adjusted the sound in the timeline to a nice listening level, but when the disc is played back, I have to make a mad scramble for the remote to turn the sound down quite considerably. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong with the audio track? Any help would be appreciated.

My second query is a minor one but never the less a nuisance. I use IE11 for browsing. Don't like Edge! When I go to the community forum I have to use Chrome - which I am using for this topic - as IE11 won't show the Verification code. It only shows a white x on black background. Is this one of the "foibles" that has started to show up just recently?

Thanks IanB
PowerDirector Ultimate 18.0.3801.0 (64bit)
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Nividia GeForce 720 Version 372.54 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
2 x 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard D
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your first question isn't actually about PD18 since you haven't created a disc with it yet, but you may want to make sure that you have PD's timeline volume control up all the way when you're setting your audio level. Otherwise, you'll likely get drastically different audio levels in any produced video or disc.

At some point, you may also have adjusted Windows' Volume mixer and lowered PD16's max volume. Right-click on Windows' speaker icon in the task bar tray with PD running to check:

As for IE11, I can use it on the forum and I'm never prompted for a verification code. Are you logging in with something like Google or Facebook? A direct email and password gets me in right away:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
As for IE11, I can use it on the forum and I'm never prompted for a verification code. Are you logging in with something like Google or Facebook? A direct email and password gets me in right away:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it only happens when I create a new topic. I assume it is to weed out the differnce between spam and genuine topics. After that it is all ok.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2020 00:19

IanB
PowerDirector Ultimate 18.0.3801.0 (64bit)
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Nividia GeForce 720 Version 372.54 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
2 x 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard D