Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Further thought after re-reading posts above -

When I upgrade from PD16 to PD18 do I still have both versions installed - or has PD18 overwritten PD16?

Therre seems some confusion.

That is exactly one of the things I was worried about, as I would like to have PD16 as a fall back if PD18 did throw up any problems.

I hope someone can clarify that please.

Thanks.
Think of it as a completely new install. You will actually have both on your system. I still have PD16 sitting on my computer and I switched to membership this year and its still there. So your good.

So the new install will recognise all the Director Zone downloads along with Custom titles and DVD menus?

Thanks.
Hi there,

I have just purchased and downloaded the upgrade to PD18 Ultimate and i want to make sure I don't lose all my downloads from Director Zone.

I have been using PD16 Ultimate since its inception. I want to check that i won't lose ALL my Director Zone downloads (there are lots.) Also can I retain PD16 as well, as a backup?

Thanks.
Thanks. I meant to reply sooner but was busy with the project. Found what I was looking for, managed to resize it.

Was perfect. I now have 4 different arrows, left, right, up and down.
I am not sure if this post should be here or in DZ. I am editing videos of my grandchilren's school assemblies for this year - as I always do - but i have a minor problem. I want to put an arrow pointing to one of them that is hard to see, but I can't find anything suitable on Google.

Is anyone able to help me? The arrow does not have to be thick one as I saw on Google.

If this belongs in DZ, could the moderators please fix.

Thanks
Hi there,

Just a quick query. When editing title text, how do I add the copyright symbol - C in a circle - so it shows in the same text - and size as other letters.

e.g. Copyright XXX 2019

Thanks for any help.
Quote Whatever file is re-encoded by YT anyway. You don't have to use PD16 YT uploader. You can produce a mp4 file and upload it to YT yourself using the Creator studio,

OK, thanks for that. One other question, how long should it take for a 23 minute video take to upload?

Thanks.
Hi there,

I was wondering what is the best format for producing & uploading to Youtube. When setting up for Online producing with Youtube, I'm using a profile of FULL HD Quality 1920x1080. When PD16 renders the video and asks for Export file location, I noticed it saves as .WMV. Wouldn't MP4 be the better format?

Thanks.
Hi Pix,

Thank you for your reply. I will give it a try later today.
Hi there,

I need some help. I am creating videos of my model railway layout and I want to create an overlay for use in PD16. I will be using image/s of locomotive cab views. (see attached image). I need to erase the background view and retain the layout of the loco outline.

How do I go about this? Is there a tutorial available on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,
I am upgrading from PD15 to PD16, and want to know how to keep titles - both downloaded and custom - when i do the installation. Do I install over PD15 or do I have to install to a new location? I THINK I asked this same question when I upgraded to PD15, but can't seem to find it anywhere.
Thanks in advance for any help
Hi there,

Is there a way - apart from taking a snapshot - to put a split MP4 clip back to the Media room. I have an intro that requires 90 second clips to use in intro sequences and I want to send one of the clips back to the Media room to use over and over again without having to split and edit the main 16 second clip all the time.

Thanks in anticipation.

EDIT: The reason i don't want to use snapshot is that the sequence has "raindrops" and "scratches" in it, which I want to retain.
Hi there,

I don't know if there have been any Lens updates for PD16, if not could lens profiles be created for the Mobius Action Cam, please.

Thanks
Hi there,

I have just upgraded to PD15 from PD14, and now I find all of my custom titles have disappeared!!!

PD15 has replaced PD14.

Is there any chance of getting these custom titles back, if so where could they be located?

EDIT: Solved the problem. The upgrade software was version 2026. Found update 2039. Installed it and now custom titles are there. smile

Thanks
Thanks Tony,

But how do i manage to line up the text in Title designer if i can't see the image? frown

I presume I would have to show the grid lines in designer?
OK guys, here is the DxDiag file.

The last restore was 12 months ago. The only thing i have done - to the best of my knowledge - was to install PD14 Ultimate. I originally had PD12 Ultra, and update the nVIDIA file from 353.30 to the current version yesterday.

tomasc: There is no problem with the title working, that's fine, it's just that there is no image to match the text with. cry

I'll wait until there is a respones to the DxDiag file, then I will most likely goto Cyberlink support.

Thanks again guys.
Hi Tony,

Thanks for that. Would it be worthwhile contacting Cyberlink Support to see if they have a solution?

Again, thanks.
Hi Tony,

They are not in PD14 Titles but are in the former PD12 Titles (where they were originally created (4/Aug/16))

I have downloade 113 Titles from DirectorZone. Most of them, but not all, haver their images in the modify screen, but the ones I particularly want to use don't have their backgound images in modify. Some titles have only half the image there.

The ones I particulary want to use from DirectorZone are the following - which don't have their backgrounds - and are accessible throught the following links:

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131650118?utm_source=profile-template-download&utm_medium=template-detail&utm_campaign=139722271

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131650119?utm_source=profile-template-download&utm_medium=template-detail&utm_campaign=139722271

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131660606?utm_source=profile-template-download&utm_medium=template-detail&utm_campaign=139722271

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/132776567?utm_source=profile-template-download&utm_medium=template-detail&utm_campaign=139722271

Hope you can advise me why the backgrounds are not there in modify.
Hi there,

Yesterday i stumbled across all my downloaded templates from DirectorZone for PD14, but now i can't remember how i did it. embarassed

I'm not sure if it was in PD or DZ. Can someone help me please.

Thanks

EDIT: FOUND IT!!!! laughing
Hi there,

I am having a problem when modifying title templates. This has only happened in the last week or so. When i modified a template previously, everything was OK, but now when i want to "tweak" the template the background image disappears and all that is there is the chequered background! The text is OK, but now i don't have an image to match the text to!

What is going on? I have the latest version of PD14 (installed a couple of weeks back).

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!

Thanks
Thanks Tony,

I did submit a report to Cyberlink, but I don't think the link was from the DirectorZone page. If I try from there will it duplicate the original profile request I submitted to Cyberlink?
Go to: