Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reversing image
Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I have a problem when using clips from my video camera. If I am doing a video clip to the camera, with the viewing screen facing me, on playback and consequently when editing, the image is reversed, i.e. any words or writing are back to front. How do I correct this when editing.

I hope that all makes sense. An example is wording on a T-shirt or a hoodie is backwards.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian IanB
PowerDirector Ultimate 18.0.3801.0 (64bit)
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Nividia GeForce 720 Version 372.54 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
2 x 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard D
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The T-shirt wording is clear, but I don't quite understand what you mean by "doing a video clip to the camera."

If you're saying that because of how you've recorded the video it ends up mirrored left-to-right, the obvious solution would be to adjust the camera settings so that it records with the correct orientation.

If you can't do that (or since you already have clips in that condition), you can mirror them in PD by dragging the Flip Canvas FX directly onto the source clips on the timeline, then click on the Effect button and set the Type to Horizontal.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2020 01:08

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you're saying that because of how you've recorded the video it ends up mirrored left-to-right, the obvious solution would be to adjust the camera settings so that it records with the correct orientation.

If you can't do that (or since you already have clips in that condition), you can mirror them in PD by dragging the Flip Canvas FX directly onto the source clips on the timeline, then click on the Effect button and set the Type to Horizontal.

Hi optodata, thanks for your quick reply. My camera is a Canon Legria HF R406. You open the preview screen door on the camera and the image as seen through the lens appears, this screen can be rotated so it's also viewed from the front of the camera and this is where the image is mirrored - I knew what I was trying to say, but I had a Seniors moment and forgot the term. undecided

I will try your suggestion later and see what happens.

Thanks again IanB
PowerDirector Ultimate 18.0.3801.0 (64bit)
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Nividia GeForce 720 Version 372.54 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
2 x 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard D