Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks!

I had completely forgot that there is an ADD button for the color boards. I just had to figure what the correct numbers were, via PhotoShop to make a new board.

Awesome!

Thanks again.
Prior to my PC crash and reinstall I had a custom color board available with the default ones.

I cannot locate where to put such a file.

In fact, I searched my hard drive for all picture files and no color boards appeared anywhere! There are tons of PowerDIrector files that appeared related to effects and titles, but not the plain color boards that I can choose when inside PowerDirector.
Where are they buried and why don't she show up in a search?
Quote It sounds like that the preview screen got undocked. Place the mouse cursor over the top right button to read Dock the preview screen and click it to dock it.

If that is not it then please attach a screenshot of that problem.

Thank you for the attempt.

But sadly no. That is not the answer.

Attached are screen captures showing 1 - pause (normal looking preview) and 2 - play (zoomed in, showing only a small portion greatly enlarged.)

Paused, correct preview

playing, enlarged preview

When I do undock it, the issue remains.

Oddly, when paused, I can use my mouse to grap the title bar of the undocked screen and pull it over to see more of image, but it remains gigantic, so I am only seeing it through the relatively small frame or aperture of the preview screen.

If I let go, it jumps back to only showing the top left corner of the super sized image.

Also, if I am paused and have a clip selected, I see the static preview normally, with the grid lines etc. If I have nothing selected I see this weird JUMBO imaging.

And if I double click to edit the clip, it is normal in the editing mode, for putting on a mask, or shifting its position, or resizing it.

It is only when I hit Play that it returns to the jumbo zoom weirdness.

If I undock and put it into Full Screen, I see much more of the image, but the bottom third is off of my monitor screen, so I cannot see my subtitles.

I have learned how to use selecting a clip or going into edit mode on a clip, to see what my subtitles look like. But I cannot see what the actually timing is until I "produce" a video (typically 25 minute wait) and then see where I need to tweak things.

I finished my project and got it uploaded to Youtube.

So, I think I am going to try uninstalling PD 11 entirely and reinstalling. And then going back to the last update and install that, I guess. There has been some microsoft updates and NVidia updates between my last successful use of PD 11.

Also, before this started, I made one video and the preview screen had superimposed over it, a small version of the unmasked, unsized clip.

It was covering just the upper left portion of the preview screen, and remained in the Editing mode, so I could not reach the dot in the upper right corner, or the left side middle dot, to resize the clip.

That lasted one project.

And then this other weirdness started.

I bought PD 14 but because it cannot allow clips to be moved to the 100th of an inch it is basically worthless to me, since I am mainly synching music audio to the live video of the musicians.

Sometimes I need to use different takes but have them line up so you cannot tell I am cutting between two takes from different times. One tenth of an inch is not good enough to hide that from the human eye.

So I must do my synching on PD11 and then take the synch file into PD14 on a differnet PC. Usually I just do it all in 11 and avoid 14 altogether.
Curious to know if there is a resolve for this, or if others have seen the same weird issue.

After maybe two months I opened Power director and started to make a
project, using a preexisting project that I use as a template.

The Preview looks normal until I hit Play.

When I hit Play the preview changes so the only thing visible in the screen is
a small portion of the upper left corner of the video, which has become gigantic.

If I use the resize feature to change it from 100% to something smaller or
larger, the entire preview screen shrinks but the actual video remains in the
same gigantic proportion - with only about 10% of the upper left corner being visable in the preview screen.

I have tried every option related to the preview and nothing will resolvethis issue.

The moment I hit stop or pause it returns to a normal view.

This happens to all projects, new, recent, old.

On the old ones, they will look and play normally at first. But if I
minimize the program and open it again, the weird colossal zoom happens.

I am tempted to uninstall and reinstall the entire program. But I do not want to mess up my current project or abandon it if at all possible
Well that is weird. I tried even the Unicode Ariel and it did not change.

But now the DO change the spacing.

Thanks.

Maybe I had to save and get out of the title and go back in before I could see the space change.
Quote Change the font.

Not sure what it is you are asking me to download onto my computer.

But it does not matter what font I use. All the ones I tested do the same thing.
Quote Have you tried the old Windows command of "Shift-Enter" ? What happens?

Nice try. Thanks. But I aready tried that.

Unfortuantely, it ignores the command and just does the same return with 36 pt. line spacing above and below each line of text.

That is REALLY annoying, since the line spacing is set at 0.

So I just have to duplicate the title box and make sure each box is aligned horizontally.
I have a Title that uses a basic fade-in.

The font pt. size is 36. But when I hit return to make a second line of text the line appears way down on the screen. It seems there is 72 pts. between the first line of text and the second.

There seems to be 36 pts. of space after the first line AND above the second line, adding up to 72 pts.

My Line Spacing is set at 0 and will not accept a negative number setting. But there certianly isn't 0 pts between the lines or even 36 pts of typical double spacing.

I have looked this up on the internet and found answers claiming something called Lead fixes this issue. But that appears to be from earlier versions of PD, and I find nothing called Lead anywhere in PD 11.

IS there anyway to solve this other than copying and pasting the title and to make a completely different frame for the second line of text?

Thank you.
Quote Adrian is right. Unlink the video and audio and I can get 1/10 of a frame being the smallest element. 1.67 msec. is the smallest segment for 30 fps video.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I will have no other choice, for now, given the deadlines I am facing.

Had I known of this unacceptable downgrade in performance, I would have never wasted the money on PD14.

This certainly ends any future customer relationship I could have with Cyperlink as PowerDirector can no longer do what it once did, which is provide undetectible dubbing and audio-video synching.

Since all timeline items can be set to the 100th of a second, PD11 was affordable software that can actually be used for professional video.

PD14 isn't.

A pity.
Quote Adrian is right. Unlink the video and audio and I can get 1/10 of a frame being the smallest element. 1.67 msec. is the smallest segment for 30 fps video.
I have been using PD11 for years and I can move clips, colorboards, photos, et al to the 100th of aa second.

00:05:04:01 can be moved to, or dragged to 05:04:02

In PD14 I am constrained to moving all items to the 10th of a second. The time ruler shows 100th of a second when zoomed all the way in, but all items attach at the 10th of a second.

00:05:04:01 can only be moved to 00:05:05:00 or 00::05:04:00

Even a PD11 prodject opened in PD14 that has items already set at 100th of a second locations can only be moved to the nearest 10th of a second,

I am hoping this is a "feature" that can be changed.

My PoweDirector projects are always video from a camcorder that must be synched to audio recorded by another source.

Please Advise.
OK thanks!
I have received notice my Windows 10 upgrade is available.

Will this impact my PowerDirector 11? Anything I need to do (updates, etc.?)

Thanks
Thanks.

The second time I went to make a video the preview screen was black. It was there when still, but when playing it was black.

I panicked and tried the second, more recent driver. Same thing.

But when I restarted my PC (which I had not done after installing the drivers) the issue went away.

So for now I using the later of the two drivers you recommended and my test video came out well.

I just realized it had been set to 24 fps so all the guitar videos I shot this summer at Martin were in that mode.

The available choices on this camcorder are

60i

30 fp

24 fp

Do you think 60i would be an improvement for this particular kind of video?
Eureka! That driver did seem to solve the issue. I will make more videos to make sure.

I used the first one, not the 980 one.

Now my question is, will this driver work in Windows 10? I see my free upgrade is now available.

For that matter, will PD11 Ultra work in Windows 10???

The graininess comes from the low light available. It was shot at the Martin Guitar factory, in their sound testing room, which has very dim track lighting for some reason that no one can explain.

I had a portable light, but as you can see it did not add much.

I make the audio synch video in H.264 AVC 1080i 24fps and then cut the results up in another project with the mask and titles, etc.

Lately I have been rendering that file as MP4 1080p 30mbps since they go on Youtube and from there embedded on the written reviews on my website

http://onemanz.com/guitar/

Any suggestions for getting better video quality and more importantly the best audio quality for Youtube would be greatly appreciated.
Sadly, I am told that driver is incompatible and will not load.

Thanks for the effort.

Also when I try to use PowerDirector 14 it seems to have even more jumps and glitches.
Thanks. I AM being told I have the most recent driver.

But I am also being told by Xotic PC that I have had the laptop too long to return it (even if that includes 6 weeks of it being returned to Sager to deal with the broken headphone jack.)

So I am willing to try anything.

Thanks
Alas, I spoke too soon. The anomolies persist. I am now going to start playing hardball with the site that sold me this expensive lemon of a laptop.

I have no issues like this on any other computer I have used PowerDirector on, and when I downloaded the trial version of PD14 it was clear it happened there too.
I am very happy to report that it appears you have solved my issue.

I was ready to send the laptop back.

But turning off Hardware Acceleration does seem to have stopped the glitches! I have never had the other part checked, nor do I ever use the fast rendering setting.

So, I was surprised when my latest audio sync vid had no glitches. I shall continue to make some vids over the next two days to make sure!

Thanks for the fast reply.
Hi.

I am very frustrated with an issue. When I am in PD11 and have more than one track, I see little video glitches where the visual "jumps" for a fraction of a second. And it shows up in the finished video.

In detail: I shoot camcorder video of an acoustic giutar, which I then sync to a .wav soundtrack file.

If I "produce" a video of just the video (to MP4 at 1080P) it is not an issue.

Once I add the soundtrack file to the timeline the glitches begin to appear. It is only here and there but it is annoying and looks unprofessional.

I am afraid it is a compatibility issue with a new computer.

I am using a Sager (Clevo) gaming laptop.

i7-4690K 4.00GHz, 32 GB RAM

Wndows 8.1

The graphics card is GTX980M

Solid State hard drive, and I am running the program on it, saving to it, and all the source files are on it. I have tried rendering to an external drive and that has no affect.

But my previous Sager had no issues at all with PD11.

I had the issue with the new computer from the moment I installed PD11 programs. Due to some unrelated issues with the document indexer, I completely reformated the hard drive, reinstalled Windows 8.1, reinstalled PD11, and the problem continues.

Here is an example video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AqrKwPlt6s

A glitch is seen at 2.42 in the video and a really bad one, with a very noticable jerk that seems to have two images from different times was covered up by my blacking out the last moments of the performance.

Ths is a very small glitch compared to some, so I am unable to complete any more vidoes until I get this fixed.

And I will make clear, I see the glitches in the preview window. It is almost like some sort of electric interference is causing it, but they actually render into the finished video.

I have tried this just on battery power and plugged into different locations.

I have not been able to make any video since it started that does not have these sorts of glitches happening.

This is an insanely expensive laptop, so it simply is unacceptible it cannot render simple videos perfectly.

But I am hoping it might be something easily fixed before I update to Windows 10.
Go to: