Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 11 64 Bit compaitble with Windows 10?
tspnyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2013 09:18 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have received notice my Windows 10 upgrade is available.

Will this impact my PowerDirector 11? Anything I need to do (updates, etc.?)

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You will probably be able to run PD11 on Windows 10.

I have PD12, 13 and 14 running fine, but it's possible that you may encounter problems depending on what hardware you have and whether there are Win10 drivers available or not.

Chances are that you'll be OK, but Cyberlink states they'll only guarantee that PD14 will work.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tspnyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2013 09:18 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
OK thanks!
Big O [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2011 12:36 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
FYI: I had Power Director running on my Windows 8.1 laptop. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost Power Director 10 Deluxe. I tried to re-install from the DVD, but it will not install. The DVD does show up in Windows Explorer. But will not run any of the appications. Even tried running from the PDIR folder.

I down loaded and ran the Windows 10 compatibility advisor. Since, Power Director is not loaded on my computer, nothing shows up as compatible.

Is there a work around or patch to install Power Director on Windows 10?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
How did you lose PD10 when you upgraded? Did you have to do a clean install or was it removed? You should have gotten a warning that it was not compatible when the desktop first appeared.

Please post screenshots or type the exact wording of the message(s) you receive when you can't install the program from the DVD.

I can't think of any reason why a functional system would not let you install PD10.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Big O [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is I've tried:
Load DVD. Window showing choose what to do. I click on Run Autorun.exe. I wait, nothing happens. I can hear the computer try to access the DVD a couple of times. Next, I check windows explorer for the DVD. Its there and labeled (BD-RE (E Power Director 10. I then wait another 5 min. Then check the DVD properties. Hardware status indicates the DVD drive is working properly. Now, I try the PDIR folder and select Setup application. In the screen upper left corner I see a message, "PDIR (not responding). I try to exit. Screen fades and goes black. I'm locked up. Have to power down to get control back. I believe the DVD install disc is bad. I say this because I tried the disc in a Windows 8.1 computer and have the same results. I have also tried other cd/dvd discs. All work properly. Even discs with auto run enabled. Hope this helps.
optodata
[Post New]
Yeah, that doesn't sound like a Win10 issue or problems with PD10. You could try installing programs from a different disc on that PC and see if it's the drive or the disc that's causing the problem.

I don't know that you can get a replacement disc at this point, but there are steps to troubleshoot and replace the drive if that's where the problem is.

YouTube/optodata

Big O [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried to install other DVDs. In fact I tried last years Turbo Tax. No problems with installation or running. So, I know the DVD drive is good. The Power Director 10 Deluxe should also be good. After the original install on Windows 8, the PD10 installation disc was placed back into the sleeve and into its box. And untouched until now. Thanks for your help. I'll keep plugging away. I do have Adobe Premier to edit with. I have gotten used to Power Director and wanted to stay with Cyberlink. Again, Thank You Very Much!
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Just for grins, right-click the install file and check RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

You might also try the UNinstaller prior to your next attempt...
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=14946
Big O [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks.
I tried running as Administrator, but not change. I temporarily disabled the firewall and virus checker. No help there.
Can not uninstall a program that no longer exist. Cyberlink or Power director programs.

Any more ideas?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Copy that original cyberlink dvd with a program that is compatible with win 10 such as imgburn. If it works then use the copy to do the installing. If the result is the same then backup your entire hard drive and roll back to win 8.1 and see if the original or copy work in installing PD10. If it is successful then upgrade to win 10 again.

Let us know if you are sucessful at any of the steps. A successful dvd copy means that there was nothing wrong with your original dvd. Able to install it with win 8.1 means that the installer is not compatible with win 10.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2015 22:43

Big O [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried installing PD10 deluxe on yet another windows computer. Running windows xp. Same results. I still believe the problem is with PD10 installation disc. Even though there are no visible signs of disc damage. And I have already tried another computer running Windows 8.1. So, makes 3 different computers and 3 different operating systems.

If I burn a new copy, wouldn't I be coping a bad disc to another?

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried it on 3 different computers including the win xp one. Yes that would point to the installation disc being defective. In the past I used nero to copy data discs on win xp. If there was a bad spot or uncorrectable error is detected on the disc, then nero would give the error message and stop and a bad disc will not be made,
Big O [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE: I had checked the DVD drive properties for driver updates and they are up to date. Now, this Toshiba computer has update program called Toshiba Service Station. Which has updates available for this computer. Found an update for my DVD that is compatible with Windows 10. Downloaded, ran update, tested. Now, able to load PD10 from the installation disc.

Thanks for all the help!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad that you got it sorted out on your win 10 computer for your dvd drive. This still does not explain why you could not install it on your pc earlier when turbo tax will, and on the win 8.1 and the earlier win xp computers. Are you trying to say that those other two pc may also require a dvd update for their operating systems ??

This is indeed strange. I still beleive that copying that powerdirector 10 dvd now and burn it at a low speed would fix it for installing it for the other two pc with different win operating systems. Nero will not make a bad dvd copy if it finds data that can't be read on the original dvd. It gives you the informational messages.