Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 - Way too much space between Title lines
tspnyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2013 09:18 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Title that uses a basic fade-in.

The font pt. size is 36. But when I hit return to make a second line of text the line appears way down on the screen. It seems there is 72 pts. between the first line of text and the second.

There seems to be 36 pts. of space after the first line AND above the second line, adding up to 72 pts.

My Line Spacing is set at 0 and will not accept a negative number setting. But there certianly isn't 0 pts between the lines or even 36 pts of typical double spacing.

I have looked this up on the internet and found answers claiming something called Lead fixes this issue. But that appears to be from earlier versions of PD, and I find nothing called Lead anywhere in PD 11.

IS there anyway to solve this other than copying and pasting the title and to make a completely different frame for the second line of text?

Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 05. 2017 10:36

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried the old Windows command of "Shift-Enter" ? What happens? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tspnyc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Have you tried the old Windows command of "Shift-Enter" ? What happens?

Nice try. Thanks. But I aready tried that.

Unfortuantely, it ignores the command and just does the same return with 36 pt. line spacing above and below each line of text.

That is REALLY annoying, since the line spacing is set at 0.

So I just have to duplicate the title box and make sure each box is aligned horizontally.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Change the font.
[Thumb - MS Gothic.png]
 Filename
MS Gothic.png
[Disk]
 Description
Font changed.
 Filesize
1762 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
tspnyc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Change the font.

Not sure what it is you are asking me to download onto my computer.

But it does not matter what font I use. All the ones I tested do the same thing.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Change the font.

Not sure what it is you are asking me to download onto my computer.
But it does not matter what font I use. All the ones I tested do the same thing.
EVERY font? My first thought was "It's the font", because some do demand huuuge spacing for some reason. I don't believe PD11 has the control of vertical spacing found in later versions. In the event you cannot overcome this problem then multiple inserted title lines within a single title template seems the only alternative. It's not that bad a solution, really. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Earlier version PD9.
[Thumb - PD9. title.jpg]
 Filename
PD9. title.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Different Font used.
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
34 time(s)
tspnyc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well that is weird. I tried even the Unicode Ariel and it did not change.

But now the DO change the spacing.

Thanks.

Maybe I had to save and get out of the title and go back in before I could see the space change.