Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where do Color Boards reside on the computer?
tspnyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2013 09:18 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Prior to my PC crash and reinstall I had a custom color board available with the default ones.

I cannot locate where to put such a file.

In fact, I searched my hard drive for all picture files and no color boards appeared anywhere! There are tons of PowerDIrector files that appeared related to effects and titles, but not the plain color boards that I can choose when inside PowerDirector.
Where are they buried and why don't she show up in a search?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Prior to my PC crash and reinstall I had a custom color board available with the default ones.

I cannot locate where to put such a file.

In fact, I searched my hard drive for all picture files and no color boards appeared anywhere! There are tons of PowerDIrector files that appeared related to effects and titles, but not the plain color boards that I can choose when inside PowerDirector.
Where are they buried and why don't she show up in a search?

They are stored as binary data in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\version.0\library.cfg file, and you can't easily edit the content unless you want to work out how the data is stored internally and try to update it.

EDIT: If you have a newer version, like PD17, the library file is in the lower \UserConfigure subfolder.

I don't know which version of PD you have, but there should be two options for you. This first is to click on the button highlighted in pale yellow below to add any missing colors:

You can use the Color Selector tool or From Preview where you use the dropper to choose the color from any clip on your timeline.

If you're missing your entire color board library, see if you can recover the library.cfg file I described above from your old drive (if available) and restore it to your new drive. Otherwise, I can post default versions from PD13, 14 or 17 here. If you have a different version, you can try one of those or see if another member can post the correct version for you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2019 20:10

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tspnyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2013 09:18 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks!

I had completely forgot that there is an ADD button for the color boards. I just had to figure what the correct numbers were, via PhotoShop to make a new board.

Awesome!

Thanks again.