Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview screen suddenly too large to see video, edits, etc.
tspnyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2013 09:18 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Curious to know if there is a resolve for this, or if others have seen the same weird issue.

After maybe two months I opened Power director and started to make a
project, using a preexisting project that I use as a template.

The Preview looks normal until I hit Play.

When I hit Play the preview changes so the only thing visible in the screen is
a small portion of the upper left corner of the video, which has become gigantic.

If I use the resize feature to change it from 100% to something smaller or
larger, the entire preview screen shrinks but the actual video remains in the
same gigantic proportion - with only about 10% of the upper left corner being visable in the preview screen.

I have tried every option related to the preview and nothing will resolvethis issue.

The moment I hit stop or pause it returns to a normal view.

This happens to all projects, new, recent, old.

On the old ones, they will look and play normally at first. But if I
minimize the program and open it again, the weird colossal zoom happens.

I am tempted to uninstall and reinstall the entire program. But I do not want to mess up my current project or abandon it if at all possible
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like that the preview screen got undocked. Place the mouse cursor over the top right button to read Dock the preview screen and click it to dock it.

If that is not it then please attach a screenshot of that problem.
tspnyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2013 09:18 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It sounds like that the preview screen got undocked. Place the mouse cursor over the top right button to read Dock the preview screen and click it to dock it.

If that is not it then please attach a screenshot of that problem.

Thank you for the attempt.

But sadly no. That is not the answer.

Attached are screen captures showing 1 - pause (normal looking preview) and 2 - play (zoomed in, showing only a small portion greatly enlarged.)

Paused, correct preview

playing, enlarged preview

When I do undock it, the issue remains.

Oddly, when paused, I can use my mouse to grap the title bar of the undocked screen and pull it over to see more of image, but it remains gigantic, so I am only seeing it through the relatively small frame or aperture of the preview screen.

If I let go, it jumps back to only showing the top left corner of the super sized image.

Also, if I am paused and have a clip selected, I see the static preview normally, with the grid lines etc. If I have nothing selected I see this weird JUMBO imaging.

And if I double click to edit the clip, it is normal in the editing mode, for putting on a mask, or shifting its position, or resizing it.

It is only when I hit Play that it returns to the jumbo zoom weirdness.

If I undock and put it into Full Screen, I see much more of the image, but the bottom third is off of my monitor screen, so I cannot see my subtitles.

I have learned how to use selecting a clip or going into edit mode on a clip, to see what my subtitles look like. But I cannot see what the actually timing is until I "produce" a video (typically 25 minute wait) and then see where I need to tweak things.

I finished my project and got it uploaded to Youtube.

So, I think I am going to try uninstalling PD 11 entirely and reinstalling. And then going back to the last update and install that, I guess. There has been some microsoft updates and NVidia updates between my last successful use of PD 11.

Also, before this started, I made one video and the preview screen had superimposed over it, a small version of the unmasked, unsized clip.

It was covering just the upper left portion of the preview screen, and remained in the Editing mode, so I could not reach the dot in the upper right corner, or the left side middle dot, to resize the clip.

That lasted one project.

And then this other weirdness started.

I bought PD 14 but because it cannot allow clips to be moved to the 100th of an inch it is basically worthless to me, since I am mainly synching music audio to the live video of the musicians.

Sometimes I need to use different takes but have them line up so you cannot tell I am cutting between two takes from different times. One tenth of an inch is not good enough to hide that from the human eye.

So I must do my synching on PD11 and then take the synch file into PD14 on a differnet PC. Usually I just do it all in 11 and avoid 14 altogether.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 10. 2017 00:34