Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost everything on my time lines!!! HELP!
Cooper44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2013 18:19 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I was just going to burn my nearly finished project and everything I worked on for the past 2 months on my timelines ARE GONE!!!
Someone please help me. I don't understand. I looked up 'restoring previous versions' but the only version it's showing is sept 23rd! I've been working on it all night and I can't find a version from this week. Can anyone help me? Its for my softball league and I have to show it on Oct 5th. Thanks you. K
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi K -

The first thing to do is not panic.

When you opened your project (before you found that everything was "gone") did PD prompt you to browse for the missing media? Did you do that?
- that will happen if you have moved your original files or renamed them... or if you were workin off an external drive which has been disconnected.

Did you check your auto-save files at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0\AutoSave? If you were working on it recently it will be one of the most recent files.

I hope something there helps.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cooper44 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No like an idiot I said ignore all then I read the forum. I don't seem to have an auto save file?.....?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
You do. The folder may be hidden (App Data).

Go to Control Panel > Folder Option > View and make sure "Show hidden files, folders & drives" is checked.

Then look in the file path above.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I was under the impression that the auto-save feature simply saved your project at regular intervals (same as "File > Save Project"). I completely didn't notice the file path associated with this feature on the options screen.

Thinking that it simply overwrite my project's PDS file each time, I turned it off.

I'm going to turn it back on!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2013 14:28

---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Cooper44 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm definitely turning it on so this doesn't happen again. I restored from 3 days ago so it wasn't a total loss!
Boy did I learn my lesson never to move files around!
K
Cooper44 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony! I was able to find them but unfortunately the last date its showing is Sept 23rd still :o(

K