Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Try this: Capture the DV-AVI with WinDV to see if it is any different. It is a small portable capture software that works well for many users. Link here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/WinDV . This may solve the capture issues.

Thanks Tomasc,
I discovered that the slow audio problem is nothing to do with the video capture process, as I can play a captured video in a windows movie player and everything is OK.

But then when I switch to Edit Mode and then import the captured media file, this is when the audio goes slow!!!!

I am not sure what causes the time lapse effect yet! So I will try as you suggest but will WinDV be able to control my camera and capture the video from the camcorder?
Quote You did not state the model of Panasonic AVI camcorder that you have so have no documentation to look up as in camera effects supplied or if it is a miniDV type which requires a IEEE interface to transfer videos properly. My guess would be one of those effects was used in that part of the recording.

Hi Tomasc,

Sorry my mistake! It is a Panasonic NV-GS500 and it does require a Firewire (IEEE) cable to transfer the video to PC using the Power Director Capture mode. When I have done this previously, under PD15 I never experienced any problems like this.

Jusr to make clear, I have now done two Captures of the oginal DV video tape,

1. The first Capture went OK with nothing apparently wrong with the captured video footage (Capture 1) the .avi video is 52:15 mins long

2. The second was captured in some form of time lapse mode that I was unaware of until reviewing the captured footage. (Capture 2) the length of this .avi file is 05:30 mins

The second problem occured when I tried to Produce the Capture 1, the normal speed captured .avi footage to produce a .mp4 ..
When I played the produced footage both in PD17 and in Windows Films & TV, the video appears to be the correct length and speed but the audio is about 1/2 speed. I have now realised that this appears to be caused when importing the original .avi file into PD17, dropping it onto the timeline and then viewing it in the preview window. So it is not the Production process but the Importing process that appears to be causing the problem.

I hope the above helps.
Hi Guys,
I am experiencing serious problems with capturing and also Producing from my camcorder tape footage.

When capturing one of my recentlt taken videos, the produced .mp4 footage has good video but the sound is slower right down.

Does anyone know what might be casuing this?

The second problem is that when capturing, the video has come in all speeded up! This was not intentional but looks like it is in some form of time lapse mode!

The interesting thing is that the produced .mp4 file, whith slowed down audio came from the same video tape and as the time lapse version just different captures.

I captured the whole .avi tape twice, once it captured OK, the second time it captured in time-lapse mode.

However, the normal capture then turned into the slowed down audio when Produced.

This is really proving a problem as the original video cannot be re-shot!

Any help would be appreciated. I should add that I bought PD 17 several years ago but have only recently installed it....... now I wish I hadn't!
Hi Guys,
I have Power Director 11 and quite often want to grab a video from my PC screen. I use software called Stellarium which is a planetarium program that displays the night sky in a photo-realistic way. I program Stellarium scripts to display tours of the night sky to show at my astronomy club. The problem is it only displays this on a PC screen.

To get it into PD11 I have to use some PC screen capture software to save the display in a format that I can then import into PD11 to edit it together with music and some other clips. This is not terribly easy and often does not produce brilliant results.

I was wondering whether there is a way to directly capture the PC screen into PD11?

Thanks
Ian
Thanks very much guys....

Ian
Hi Stevek & Dafydd,
Yep you cracked it Stevek, why it was like that I don't know but applying 48dB of boost brought the R channel up to the same sort of
level as the L channel.

Sorry to have wasted your time on this.

Thanks
Ian
Hi Dafydd,
Yes that is exactly what I did after reading one of the posts. Even though I have WE set to stereo I get no warning message.

All I see on the display is a Left channel as I would expect to see and the right totally level at -infinity!

Ian

Hi Guys,
I have an old video with a mono soundtrack that is coming out of the left speaker only.

I want to replicate the same track to make it a stereo pair with exactly the same coming out of both speakers (L+R) as all the rest of my videos that I am splicing together onto a single timeline will be instereo.

I have tired editing it in Wave Editor but can't find out how to create a R channel from the L channel. Simply opening it in Wave Editor and saving again does not do anything.

Would appreciate some urgent help. Sorry if this posting arrives twice but my PC appeared to hang when I tried to post the message.

Thanks
Ian
Hi Guys,
I have just sorted out many problems that I was experiencing with PD11 and my AMD Radeon 7700 graphics card. That one turned out to be a graphics driver bug.......

Now I am just getting into trying to capture my .avi files from my camcorder via Firewire card.

Everything goes well except that as soon as PD11 detects the end of the video and gives me a dialog to ask for the filename to create, it appears to kill my Firewire interface so that I can't load another tape into the camcorder and capture another video without doing a complete reboot of the PC.

Sometimes I appear to be able to use the other port on the Firewire card but then that's the lot and I have to reboot the PC.

I have all the latest PD11 patches, Windows updates and the latest Firewire card drivers installed.

I am running PD11 Ultimate 11.0.0.3026
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit service pack 1

Anyone experienced anything similar or got some ideas for me to check?

I have used the Camcorder successfully in the past with Adobe Premier Elements (on an older computer) but found it far too slow and processor intensive so swapped to PD11 which is blindingly fast in comparison.

Thanks
Ian
Hi John,
I am now happily running Catalyst Version 12.8 which appears to be OK with PD11 and my Radeon 7700.

As it all appears to be working now I will leave well alone but will bear in mind what you say if I run into problems later. Unless CCC slows down PD11?

Thanks
Ian
Hi Cap'n,
All that I supplied was the patience although I was getting a bit desperate by the end of it all.

It was you guys on this forum that sorted everything out for me.

Many thanks
Ian
Hi Guys,
Correction to my previous posting on my Catalyst Driver issue for my AMD Radeon 7700 GPU.

When I thought I had installed the V12.10 driver something went wrong with the installation and as a consequence I was in fact running the GPU with a Windows VGA driver which is why everything was working fine!

However, I noticed some vital information was missing from the CCC display and I could not set up my extended desktop display.

I then uninstalled V12.10 and then re-installed it and the CCC was fully featured and I got my extended desktop back BUT PD11 loaded in and displayed the media clips correctly but then as soon as I dragged Tram.wmv onto the timeline everything crashed again!!!!!

I have now uninstalled V12.10 and installed V12.8 which is the one that RobertJ suggested and it all appears to be working now and allowing me to drag the clips onto the timeline and view the movie.

At last !!!!! And I have now got my extended desktop back.....

Regards
Ian
Hi Guys,
I need to give you all an update on my Catalyst Driver issue for my AMD Radeon 7700 GPU.

When I thought I had installed the V12.10 driver something went wrong with the installation and as a consequence I was in fact running the GPU with a Windows VGA driver which is why everything was working fine!

However, I noticed some vital information was missing from the CCC display and I could not set up my extended desktop display.

I then uninstalled V12.10 and then re-installed it and the CCC was fully featured and I got my extended desktop back BUT PD11 loaded in and displayed the media clips correctly but then as soon as I dragged Tram.wmv onto the timeline everything crashed again!!!!!

I have now uninstalled V12.10 and installed V12.8 which is the one that RobertJ http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28244.page#158646 is running with and it all appears to be working now and allowing me to drag the clips onto the timeline and view the movie.

At last !!!!! And I have now got my extended desktop back.....

Regards
Ian
Hi Guys,
Back again!!!!!

I have just discovered that when I thought that I had installed V12.10 it did not install properly as it is not actually driving my Radeon 7700 GPU.

When I run DXDiag it tells me that I have a VGA driver installed and I can't even run an extended desktop.

That probably explains why PD11 loads and runs..............

Cap'n Kevin - was there something else I needed to do between uninstalling V13.4 and installing V12.10 ?

Regards
Ian
Hi RobertJ,

I thought this was too good to be true!

I have just tried driving two screens and there is no option in V12.10 to detect a second screen.

Or rather the V12.10 does not appear to have installed properly and when I run DXDiag it says I an running a VGA driver.......

I am just about to post a message on the other thread to Cap'n Kevin as he is running V12.10 http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/28942.page#158653

Is there something I needed to do between uninstalling V13.4 and installing V12.10?

Regards
Ian
Hi Cap'n,
I have now installed V12.10 Catalyst driver as suggested by yourself and had downloaded V12.8 as suggested by RobertJ/OZ http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/28244.page#158762 and all seems to be working so far.

For your reference, before I did that I reran PD11 in Safe Mode and the message dialog that came up as it was loading said "Cyberlink Rich Video Launch Rich Video" which I then OKed.

So as far as I am aware CCC V13.4 does not work but also another version that was originally loaded when I received the PC also didn't work. I'm not sure what version that was but Dafydd might as he looked into my DXDiag report and suggested that I should try updating my Radeon 7700 drivers.

Still got to try out the video capture from my camcorder via my new FireWire card but hopefully I should be there now.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me out as I would not have had a clue where to start on this. If I turn it on and it doesn't work then I'm stuffed although learning all the time.

This is a really great Forum community

I expect that I will be back on here but hopefully it will be asking how to do some high end video editing not trying to get the hardware working.

Once again thanks to you all.

Regards
Ian
Hi RobertJ,
I have now run the AMD uninstaller which says that it may uninstall other AMD drivers which made me panic as I have an AMD chipset based PC!

I then downloaded both V12.8 and V12.10 (which Cap'n Kevin is running http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/28942.page#158653. I ran the V12.10 installer that had a filename of "12-10_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe" so I presume that I am now running V12.10. Interestingly when I right click the desktop it shows me AMD VISION Engine Control Center not CCC and in the detailed view it no longer offers me the option to check the software version!!!!

When I clicked Preferences>About it told me that I had Version 2102.0928.1532.26058 installed.

I have now run PD11 and happily it loads all the example media and I can drag the Tram.wmv file onto it along with some other files and preview it all. However, I did notice some strange chirping noises on the Nature.mpg sample video. Does anyone know whether these are crickets or something and supposed to be there or have I still got a problem with PD11 when previewing .mpg videos?

I haven't tried any rendering yet or media capture from my camcorder via my new Firewire card which I really must try ASAP.

Thank-you very much for your assistance everyone! Another satisfied customer of a really great Forum

Regards
Ian
Hi RobertJ,

Having now found the detailed view option in my AMD Vision Engine Control Center (many thanks) I have found that I am running Catalyst Version 13.4. However, when I first started with this problem (when I changed from an i5 laptop to my new AMD PC) I was running on an older version which Dafydd advised I updated from ( quite reasonably) so therefore I know that at least one of the previous HD 7700 driver versions did not work for me.

Thanks for the links to the other versions I am just about to try all your suggestions and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks
Ian
Hi Cap'n,
Looks like its the Catalyst driver for my Radeon 7700 that might be causing the problem.

See RobJ/OZ's post at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28244.page#158618

Now looks like I just need to find a Catalyst driver version that works!!!!!!!!!!!

And all I wanted to do was edit my videos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like with all this higher end graphics stuff one has to become a bit of an PC expert

Will keep you all posted

Thanks
Ian
Hi Rob,
Sounds like you have cracked it but as a newbie to high end graphics cards could you please advise me on the following:

1. I assume that when I uninstall the Catalyst Graphics driver the graphics card will still work in some native VGA mode so that I can carry on and re-install an older version. Its the only graphics card on my machine......

2. I have downloaded the Catalyst uninstaller ready to use but where did you find the V12.8 version?

3. Is there a way to find out which version I am currently running?

Thanks
Ian
Go to: