Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with capture from Panasonic AVI camcorder
iandh2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South East England Joined: Jun 30, 2013 04:37 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,
I am experiencing serious problems with capturing and also Producing from my camcorder tape footage.

When capturing one of my recentlt taken videos, the produced .mp4 footage has good video but the sound is slower right down.

Does anyone know what might be casuing this?

The second problem is that when capturing, the video has come in all speeded up! This was not intentional but looks like it is in some form of time lapse mode!

The interesting thing is that the produced .mp4 file, whith slowed down audio came from the same video tape and as the time lapse version just different captures.

I captured the whole .avi tape twice, once it captured OK, the second time it captured in time-lapse mode.

However, the normal capture then turned into the slowed down audio when Produced.

This is really proving a problem as the original video cannot be re-shot!

Any help would be appreciated. I should add that I bought PD 17 several years ago but have only recently installed it....... now I wish I hadn't!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2020 11:45

Regards
Ian
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You did not state the model of Panasonic AVI camcorder that you have so have no documentation to look up as in camera effects supplied or if it is a miniDV type which requires a IEEE interface to transfer videos properly. My guess would be one of those effects was used in that part of the recording.
iandh2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South East England Joined: Jun 30, 2013 04:37 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You did not state the model of Panasonic AVI camcorder that you have so have no documentation to look up as in camera effects supplied or if it is a miniDV type which requires a IEEE interface to transfer videos properly. My guess would be one of those effects was used in that part of the recording.

Hi Tomasc,

Sorry my mistake! It is a Panasonic NV-GS500 and it does require a Firewire (IEEE) cable to transfer the video to PC using the Power Director Capture mode. When I have done this previously, under PD15 I never experienced any problems like this.

Jusr to make clear, I have now done two Captures of the oginal DV video tape,

1. The first Capture went OK with nothing apparently wrong with the captured video footage (Capture 1) the .avi video is 52:15 mins long

2. The second was captured in some form of time lapse mode that I was unaware of until reviewing the captured footage. (Capture 2) the length of this .avi file is 05:30 mins

The second problem occured when I tried to Produce the Capture 1, the normal speed captured .avi footage to produce a .mp4 ..
When I played the produced footage both in PD17 and in Windows Films & TV, the video appears to be the correct length and speed but the audio is about 1/2 speed. I have now realised that this appears to be caused when importing the original .avi file into PD17, dropping it onto the timeline and then viewing it in the preview window. So it is not the Production process but the Importing process that appears to be causing the problem.

I hope the above helps.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 05. 2020 16:16

Regards
Ian
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Try this: Capture the DV-AVI with WinDV to see if it is any different. It is a small portable capture software that works well for many users. Link here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/WinDV . This may solve the capture issues.
iandh2010 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Capture the DV-AVI with WinDV to see if it is any different. It is a small portable capture software that works well for many users. Link here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/WinDV . This may solve the capture issues.

Thanks Tomasc,
I discovered that the slow audio problem is nothing to do with the video capture process, as I can play a captured video in a windows movie player and everything is OK.

But then when I switch to Edit Mode and then import the captured media file, this is when the audio goes slow!!!!

I am not sure what causes the time lapse effect yet! So I will try as you suggest but will WinDV be able to control my camera and capture the video from the camcorder? Regards
Ian
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am not sure what causes the time lapse effect yet! So I will try as you suggest but will WinDV be able to control my camera and capture the video from the camcorder?

As far as I can remember, WinDV works when other capture have problems. This link may be helpful: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/271152-Should-I-use-WinDV in answering some of your concerns.