Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture from DV Camcorder locking up
iandh2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South East England Joined: Jun 30, 2013 04:37 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,
I have just sorted out many problems that I was experiencing with PD11 and my AMD Radeon 7700 graphics card. That one turned out to be a graphics driver bug.......

Now I am just getting into trying to capture my .avi files from my camcorder via Firewire card.

Everything goes well except that as soon as PD11 detects the end of the video and gives me a dialog to ask for the filename to create, it appears to kill my Firewire interface so that I can't load another tape into the camcorder and capture another video without doing a complete reboot of the PC.

Sometimes I appear to be able to use the other port on the Firewire card but then that's the lot and I have to reboot the PC.

I have all the latest PD11 patches, Windows updates and the latest Firewire card drivers installed.

I am running PD11 Ultimate 11.0.0.3026
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit service pack 1

Anyone experienced anything similar or got some ideas for me to check?

I have used the Camcorder successfully in the past with Adobe Premier Elements (on an older computer) but found it far too slow and processor intensive so swapped to PD11 which is blindingly fast in comparison.

Thanks
Ian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2013 05:36

Regards
Ian