Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:

Did what suggested and no improvements. I am still getting a video that length is random. Changed font DPI and got 50GB free space on SSD, 600GB on the output folder.
Quote: You do not have enough free space on your system drive for the temporary files generated by the program.
Always run your Windows fonts at 96 dpi (100%). Are you now raising another issue about "clutter artifacts"?

I had the same problem when I did not use SSD. The software is installed on SSD and the output is going to the drive that has 200G free space. Why would the problem only occur randomly. I made the video 3rd time, and now it has full video ... Ok, maybe I was browing the internet while producing the video and had Powerdirector minimized, but that should not affect the production.

But I will free some space from my SSD

Quote: Please edit your last post to delete the expletive. It offends me and others. It is against forum rules.
Read this: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18337.page

Please provide the information requested in one of your earlier threads.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30838.page

Why would it offend you as it only meant to vent out my frustration towards the product. Such highly rated product should have ironed out these things ages ago. Now I am no expert in video editing, but I have tried other softwares and did not have problem producing a full video or video without clutter artifacts (this happened when using fast video rendering technology).

Anyway DXDIAG.TXT
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3blxlj5r5a7uvxj/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

Now reproduced the exactly same video and got a 36 second video from the end. Well, 3rd time is a charm.
I randomly encounter a problem where Powerdirector 13 and 11 only produces part of the movie. For example I had a 24 minutes clip edited and Powerdirector only made 14 minutes from the end of it. I have "enable preview during production" enabled and the making starts from the beginning and I still get a video that length is random.

For example I had a 10 minutes video and Powerdirector 11 made a 10 second clip from it and it took 15 minutes, and the preview shows the full production. I thought upgrading to Powerdirector 13 would fix this ... but seems like it did not do jack.
If I want to upload 1920x1080 (30fps) video to youtube. What format do you recommend? The videos are recorded with FRAPS or Dxtory.
This has happened to me many times. I start producing a video, and when it is done after 10-20 minutes the file is either really small (couple of kb) or it has only produced part of the movie even though I saw it fully run in preview mode.

This means I have to produce the same thing again and hope it will make a full movie this time. Why is this software so buggy? The software is amateurish with its advertisement popups, disappearing video files, and pixelation when using fast video rendering. Luckily they fixed the constant crashing from earlier version ...

Quote: Highly dependant on the Video driver. Some versions are very bad, some are pretty good.

Hardware Acceleration is 100% Video card Hardware and Driver.

Well, I have had these same problems from the beginning and I am using the latest 7970 HD drivers. You saying that anyone who has 7970 has these problems, because none of the available drivers seems to fix the problem.
Problem is that when I use fast video rendering no matter what resolution I will get pixelation in end product. Without the "fast video rendering option" the output will be fine, but it will take 3 times as long.

Any solution to this yet?

Example picture:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2zjdgyo.jpg

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 32.GHz
AMD Radeon HD 8970
wrong forum : delete
Quote:
Quote: I got PowerDirector 11 Ultimate for around 60€, and now they have upgrade deal for 80€ ... Upgrade to PD12 should be less than what PD11 costs.

Are you also trying to get a new version for the price of an older and discounted version?

No, I am saying that upgrade should costs less.
Buy PD 11 Ultimate 60€ on discount (6 months ago)
Buy New PD 12 80€
Buy Upgrade to PD 11 Ultimate to PD 12 80€ ...
I got PowerDirector 11 Ultimate for around 60€, and now they have upgrade deal for 80€ ... Upgrade to PD12 should be less than what PD11 costs.
Why are there advertisements in Cyberlink Powerdirector?

I have a paid version of the software. Why am I shown annoying advertisements? It makes the software look less professional. Do I have to buy another video editing software to get rid of them?

Maybe one of these do not have adds?
- Corel VideoStudio
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- MAGIX Movie Edit Pro
- Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite
- Pinnacle Studio
This is very annyoing. After editing, producing and uploading a video I notice that the whole video is garbage because of random pixelation.

What is causing this? Why is it not fixed?
Quote: Beta is for folks who like to waste other folks time.

That is little extreme way to put it. I would rather say that beta versions are those who want to be up-to-date instead of living in the past using Windows XP and floppy disks.
Quote: The next update to the AMD / ATI video graphics card driver is available from AMD:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Lets see what goodies / bugs we find . . . .

UPDATE: after doing 2 videos of 15 minute duration each and using different video sources, I have not found any issues using the current release 2812 of PD11 and AMD's 13.4. Nice for a change.

Installed AMD 13.5 Beta and PowerDirector 11 crashes always when producing a video. I am disappointed. Everything else works perfectly, but this software crashes ... Is it build on chewing gum?

Of course might be something else also that is causing the crash.
Go to: