Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector only produces part of the video
Lostedge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 14:19 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I randomly encounter a problem where Powerdirector 13 and 11 only produces part of the movie. For example I had a 24 minutes clip edited and Powerdirector only made 14 minutes from the end of it. I have "enable preview during production" enabled and the making starts from the beginning and I still get a video that length is random.

For example I had a 10 minutes video and Powerdirector 11 made a 10 second clip from it and it took 15 minutes, and the preview shows the full production. I thought upgrading to Powerdirector 13 would fix this ... but seems like it did not do jack.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 22. 2014 08:58

Lostedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now reproduced the exactly same video and got a 36 second video from the end. Well, 3rd time is a charm.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2014 08:46

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Please edit your last post to delete the expletive. It offends me and others. It is against forum rules.
Read this: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18337.page

Please provide the information requested in one of your earlier threads.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30838.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2014 08:45

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Lostedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Please edit your last post to delete the expletive. It offends me and others. It is against forum rules.
Read this: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18337.page

Please provide the information requested in one of your earlier threads.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30838.page

Why would it offend you as it only meant to vent out my frustration towards the product. Such highly rated product should have ironed out these things ages ago. Now I am no expert in video editing, but I have tried other softwares and did not have problem producing a full video or video without clutter artifacts (this happened when using fast video rendering technology).

Anyway DXDIAG.TXT
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3blxlj5r5a7uvxj/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quickly and to start with -- , You do not have enough free space on your system drive for the temporary files generated by the program. When did you last do any maintenance on it - get rid of temp and tmp files, delete programs that you no longer use or that were trial programs and defrag and if it is not a SSD, defrag?

The same thing for your other drives but they should not affect your shortening of the videos.

Always run your Windows fonts at 96 dpi (100%).

After you do the maintenance and try it, let us know if your issue is solved.

I will look closer at your dxdiag file to see if I can see anything else.

Are you now raising another issue about "clutter artifacts"?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2014 09:19

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Lostedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You do not have enough free space on your system drive for the temporary files generated by the program.
Always run your Windows fonts at 96 dpi (100%). Are you now raising another issue about "clutter artifacts"?

I had the same problem when I did not use SSD. The software is installed on SSD and the output is going to the drive that has 200G free space. Why would the problem only occur randomly. I made the video 3rd time, and now it has full video ... Ok, maybe I was browing the internet while producing the video and had Powerdirector minimized, but that should not affect the production.

But I will free some space from my SSD

Lostedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Did what suggested and no improvements. I am still getting a video that length is random. Changed font DPI and got 50GB free space on SSD, 600GB on the output folder.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Did what suggested and no improvements. I am still getting a video that length is random. Changed font DPI and got 50GB free space on SSD, 600GB on the output folder.

Is the computer old or new? Have you checked the CPU usage during encoding? If the CPU usage runs at 100% for a long period of time, the computer may be overheating and stopping to prevent damage. Usually the whole computer shuts down though.

What antivirus are you running? Disconnect from the internet and turn off the antivirus. See if that helps. Sometimes the antivirus scans everything being written to the hard drive - including things that have already been scanned and that causes issues - usually slowness and out of sync.

Right now, I can't think of anything else. Perhaps someone else has some ideas or perhaps it is time to contact Cyberlink support. .