Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pixelation when using fast video rendering
Lostedge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 14:19 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Problem is that when I use fast video rendering no matter what resolution I will get pixelation in end product. Without the "fast video rendering option" the output will be fine, but it will take 3 times as long.

Any solution to this yet?

Example picture:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2zjdgyo.jpg

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 32.GHz
AMD Radeon HD 8970

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 16. 2013 04:07

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Highly dependant on the Video driver. Some versions are very bad, some are pretty good.

Hardware Acceleration is 100% Video card Hardware and Driver.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2013 09:18

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Lostedge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 14:19 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Highly dependant on the Video driver. Some versions are very bad, some are pretty good.

Well, I have had these same problems from the beginning and I am using the latest 7970 HD drivers. You saying that anyone who has 7970 has these problems, because none of the available drivers seems to fix the problem.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Highly dependant on the Video driver. Some versions are very bad, some are pretty good.

Well, I have had these same problems from the beginning and I am using the latest 7970 HD drivers. You saying that anyone who has 7970 has these problems, because none of the available drivers seems to fix the problem.

No, I am saying the Hardware Acceleration depends on the Video Card and its software.

I know nothing about your Video card, The AMD site is down for maintenance, so no way for me to check the card at this time.

As you can see in my SIG, my video card is a AMD 5770, a bit old now, but it is a very good video card. I have had some drivers that produced the artifacts similar to yours.

My current driver, Catalyst 12.1, does a good job of Hardware Acceleration. I still do not use the hardware acceleration, because the CPU is fast enough to produce video in good time. No chance of Artifacts that way.

I do know that there are newer drivers than the one I am using. (If it ain't broke don't fix it).
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.