Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
after further inspection the dvd seems to work fine when I use the HDMI cord, but when I try to use the AV (red, white, yellow) plug in, there is no audio and/or the video is B&W.
also one more thing to note,

The audio compression is: Dolby Digital
Would this have to be changed to: MPEG Audio - instead?

Hello, If anyone could help me with a situation I am having when producing my video:
(MPEG-2) DVD HQ 720 X 480/60i (8Mbps) is the format.
I also enabled the Cyberlink truTheater surround (theater sound)

I then made a DVD disc, and played it back on my blu-ray player, and ps3.
Audio and Video looks great. I have my Blu-ray player and ps3 connected to the surround sound speaker unit, and the audio is really good.

I did notice however if I plug my bluray player, or dvd player directly into the TV, there is video but no audio ?

Would anyone have any ideas why this would be happening ?

Thank you in advance!

ok thank you very much !

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use color director for your clips, when you are using power director ? For example, would I be able to drag my clips, or open color director from power director ? My clip is edited on my timeline, and now I would like to colour correct it using color director.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance,
I called their support line this morning, and the agent I spoke with told me, that you would be allowed to do anything you want with your final product. AS long AS YOUR NOT editing other people's footage - and it is your own.

I called them back this afternoon to close an earlier ticket, and we went through my questions and concerns again. This time another agent told me for sure that you CANNOT sell your copies of your work, in any way.

The only things you can do is upload to youtube etc etc. and give your dvd's / blu-rays as gifts to friends, family, co-workers.

But at the end of the day, cyberlink powerdirector is used for only personal stuff, and NOT to be used for commercial reasons.

I was obviously upset, after receiving two completely different answers over the phone. Very upset.

So now it's time for me to jump onto another editing program that allows for commerical uses.

I hope this information helps others who had the same questions and concerns.
Just Curious,

Anyone here ever use PowerDirector 9,10, or 11 (any version) to edit their films, and then enter into film festivals ?

I messaged support, and they replied:

"Cyberlink software is used for personal, and they do not recommend for the commercial purpose."

Thoughts ?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding using power director 11 for commercial purposes ? I plan on using power director for my films, and submit into film festivals.

I came across this end user agreement today: Here is a blurp from it, but it caught my attention, and I wanted to post on here. Hopefully someone has information regarding it.

"USAGE RESTRICTION"

You Agree to use this software solely for personal and non-commercial purposes.

Thank you so much for your quick response. This helps out so much, and your advice and help is most appreciated!

Chris
Hi everyone, and I hope someone could help me with my issue:

Would I be able to move my unfinished work onto new computer - moving just the pdf files ?

If not, would I have to produce first, then move the produced files instead ?

My problem is, I am having problems producing any of my unfinished material.

Hello everyone, I am having major issues trying to start up powerdirector 11, and opening up my project. I keep getting this message:

This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem.

Does anyone know what this means ?
I've never had this message pop up before, only the last few days - I cannot find a solution.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you

Quote:
Quote: Is this enough to capture high def footage, edit and produce ?

Windows 7 home premium
Ram: 4gb (3.68 available)
System: 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core i3 2.53GHz

The general specs...
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/specs_en_US.html?&r=1

How much space is available on your C drive?
See the "sticky" at the top of this forum for a guide on posting system info here. Part B.

275GB Free of 449GB
Is this enough to capture high def footage, edit and produce ?

Windows 7 home premium
Ram: 4gb (3.68 available)
System: 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core i3 2.53GHz

Thanks,
Hello,

I am fairly new to posting at this board, but I have a problem with PowerDirector11 Ultra, that I cannot fix. I have uploaded several high def clips onto my timeline, and library, and I am closing in on 60 minutes worth of footage on my timeline alone. PowerDirector is freezing on me, and at best of times works incredibly slow. I have tried un-installing and re-installing the software, but that did not work. My computer is running Windows 7, and from what I can see my laptop meets all of the necessary requirements to run PowerDirector. Are there any other options I can change while editing to speed up the software, and also prevent the freezing? Do I need a better computer ? this one is barely 3 years old.

Thank you,
Chris
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I was wondering if color director, or any other tool available with PowerDirector 11, that I would be able to black out, or hide an object? In this case a (person's hand) moving in the shot, in which was not supposed to be visible. I would like to blend it in the black background, and/or make it invisible. Right now I am using PowerDirector Ultra, but can upgrade to Ultimate Suite if need be.

Thank you very much for your help, after I set my Preview screen resolution to "High" , my video and audio play back matched up, and worked great! Much appreciated,

Hello,

I have been following this forum only for a short while, as this is my first post. My apologies if this question has been answered, but when dragging my clip onto my timeline, it plays back great. Although, when I add any type of effect, the audio begins to lag behind the video, and progressively gets worse. I tried a test produce, and playback was fine, but this only happens after I add an effect of sorts to the clip, and edit on timeline before I Produce.
I am currently using Windows 7, and I believe my graphics card is up-to-date. Also My laptop is around 2 years old.

Thank you :
Go to: