Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio out of sync with video
XG-300 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2013 14:27 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have been following this forum only for a short while, as this is my first post. My apologies if this question has been answered, but when dragging my clip onto my timeline, it plays back great. Although, when I add any type of effect, the audio begins to lag behind the video, and progressively gets worse. I tried a test produce, and playback was fine, but this only happens after I add an effect of sorts to the clip, and edit on timeline before I Produce.
I am currently using Windows 7, and I believe my graphics card is up-to-date. Also My laptop is around 2 years old.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you :
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

I have been following this forum only for a short while, as this is my first post. My apologies if this question has been answered, but when dragging my clip onto my timeline, it plays back great. Although, when I add any type of effect, the audio begins to lag behind the video, and progressively gets worse.

Depending upon the nature of the audio, this may occur if transitions are set to the OVERLAP default, under OPTIONS|EDITING. Use CROSS FADE instead.

Simply right-click the transition and click MODIFY TRANSITION BEHAVIOR. Toggle to the other choice, to test if this alters the sync.

To see how transitions work, click the ? in the upper right hand corner of the PD screen, click SEARCH HELP FOR and type in the word "transition." Click LIST TOPICS, then double-click on the first item in the list.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at May 01. 2013 03:22

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi XG-300,
The issue appears to be on your computer spec not coping well with HD video. If you can please provide a diagnostic file and a screenshot of your project, see guide, Part A, B, E & F information to provide. More data on the video format you are editing, is it HD, what is the file extension and frame size?

One area you may not have adjusted is the Preview screen resolution. Set it to "High" rather than Full HD and you may have a smoother presentation.

Guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

The output file is fine while the playback from the track isn't indicates graphic card weakness and Data processing shortcomings. Having the diagnostic will help tell us what you have and how to improve the situation for a better editing experience.

Dafydd
XG-300 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2013 14:27 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for your help, after I set my Preview screen resolution to "High" , my video and audio play back matched up, and worked great! Much appreciated,

NURISSAM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2013 22:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I have a simmilar question. Hope someone can help me.
This is my 4th time rendering the video to mpeg2 for dvd quality video and i realised that my audio is lag and certain part of my background music suddenly gone missing. I double-triiple check in my editing mode and the music is there so I don't understand why its suddenly missing for about one minute or so.
For each time I render, different part of the music gone and audio still lag.
Any useful tip re this? I need to produce this as soon as possible..
Thank you
NURISSAM [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone can help me re this?

It's getting urgent..
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This is my 4th time rendering the video to mpeg2 for dvd quality video and i realised that my audio is lag and certain part of my background music suddenly gone missing.

Posting a new topic with a descriptive subject will draw more attention.

One thought: if any of those audio files are Mp3 format try converting them to WAV, then reinserting them into the timeline.
NURISSAM [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: This is my 4th time rendering the video to mpeg2 for dvd quality video and i realised that my audio is lag and certain part of my background music suddenly gone missing.

Posting a new topic with a descriptive subject will draw more attention.

One thought: if any of those audio files are Mp3 format try converting them to WAV, then reinserting them into the timeline.

Oh okie, I'll open a new thread coz I thought since its the same issue, I'll just post it here.
Yes, i have converted the mp3 to wav