Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Color Director with Power Director
XG-300 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2013 14:27 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use color director for your clips, when you are using power director ? For example, would I be able to drag my clips, or open color director from power director ? My clip is edited on my timeline, and now I would like to colour correct it using color director.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance,
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use color director for your clips, when you are using power director ? For example, would I be able to drag my clips, or open color director from power director ? My clip is edited on my timeline, and now I would like to colour correct it using color director.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance,

Yes, you would right click on the clip or image that is on the timeline and select to edit it. One of the options is to edit in Color Director.
XG-300 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2013 14:27 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
ok thank you very much !

snerd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2013 00:13 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to bump an old thread.............. I just did a clean install od Windows 10, and reinstalled PD13 and CD3. I could have sworn that there used to be a link on the tool bar in PD to open the file in CD? Without having to left-click the clip, select edit, then select CD? Tell me I'm dreaming!
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
You are Dreaming!

Sorry snerd, I just couldn't resist thatembarassed.

With your video track active, click on Fix/Enhance. Once the Fix/Enhance screen appears, you should be offered the Colordirector button.

Hope it works for you.

ColorDirector button
[Thumb - ColorDirector.png]
 Filename
ColorDirector.png
[Disk]
 Description
CD button
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1341 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2015 07:46

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
snerd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2013 00:13 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I finally found that last night. I haven't used it in a long time, so it's like starting again! Thanks again!
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, I finally found that last night. I haven't used it in a long time, so it's like starting again! Thanks again!

Hi snerd, well done.
I find that if I haven't used a bit of software for some time I also can't find things, makes it all, errr, rather interesting.

cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kory [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2016 19:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,
now that I have finished my editing in color director, how do you get back into Power director with my edited video?
thank
kory
Kory [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2016 19:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,
now that I have finished my editing in color director, how do you get back into Power director with my edited video?
thank
kory
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry for the late reply. Once you are done editing in ColorDirector, click the box in the upper left that says "Back" and it will take you back to PowerDirector with your changes in place.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
Nicholas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2016 15:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've been having difficulty with this as well. My problem is with LUTs. If I apply a LUT in color director then hit the back button to go back to power director, the color correction disappears. It is highly frustrating. Anyone know how to fix this?
[Post New]
Hello Nicholas,

Since your LUTs question is not directly related, I've transferred it to a new thread - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/49056.page#257455

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Foreveradame1970 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2020 21:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello-- I am a complete newbie...and frankly i feel like an idiot right now.
I downloaded some of the effects off the Director zone video presets (color director) and i says they are downloaded and ready to use....but i can find them on my Power Director program. What am i missing? Where are they? Thank you! I have Power Director 18
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Being a newbie isn't anything to be ashamed of, and there are many discussions already here on the forum with questions & answers to this.

To best answer your question, it would help to know if you're actually talking about PowerDirector or Color Director, as you mention PD but posted in the CD forum. It will also make a difference to know which version of either app you're using, as the locations of various tools and presets have changed in the latest versions.

One the to start with is that you didn't mention installing (running) the downloaded files, but if you saw a message that they're ready to use then it sounds like you did that already.
[Post New]
Hello Foreveradame1970,

Welcome to the CDR forum laughing

I'll just echo what optodata has stated (mainly not to feel timid about asking questions & not to feel silly just because you don't know everything from the get-go!) and add a couple of things.

... and here's where the version you're using matters!

In PDR19:

CDR Presets from DirectorZone are only installed in CDR (ColorDirector) & PhD (PhotoDirector) - not PDR (PowerDirector), but...

In PDR18 & some earlier versions:

CDR Presets were installed into PDR as well.

In PDR19, Presets are found in Effects - not Fix/Enhance as previously. Presets & LUTs can still be imported.

Perhaps that's what's confusing you, if you're used to a previous version.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Dominik8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2021 16:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

i have PD Timeline with 60 clips from 5 different Cameras. So i want to have the same color on all clips no matter wich camera recorded the clip. So how do i apply the same settings to eg. 20 specific clips without open them individualy?

Kind regards,
Dominik
RMZahn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2020 07:46 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

i have PD Timeline with 60 clips from 5 different Cameras. So i want to have the same color on all clips no matter wich camera recorded the clip. So how do i apply the same settings to eg. 20 specific clips without open them individualy?

Kind regards,
Dominik

that would be nice to be able to open them all together - i'm producing U/W videos with 2 different cameras.

After several color changes via CDR i noticed that CDR is with 10, 20 or more instances in the Task-Manager :-O
[Post New]
Hello Dominik,

Have you tried to use the Color Match feature in PowerDirector? (screen shot attached)

Of course, there are many variables in your situation:

• 5 different cameras

• Different camera settings

• Different light/time of day/setting

Depending on light & colour variation, Color Match may well be able to bring the colours closer to eliminate the impact of differences in shot.

ColorDirector could be used to adjust the colour on clips from each camera separately by copying & pasting adjustments or creating presets. It's unlikely you could apply those same presets/adjustments to clips from other cameras... but that depends on the variance.

There's also a Color Match feature in CDR, under Effects.

PIX
[Thumb - PDR_Colour Match.jpg]
 Filename
PDR_Colour Match.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
905 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
DavidM1963 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2017 10:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've been using Power Director for some time but just trying to use Color Director to enhance my footage beyond what PD can do; I can colour grade a single clip from my PD timeline in CD and return to PD as has been suggested above, but is there any way of selecting a number of similar clips from the PD timeline and colour grade them in CD and take them all back to the PD timeline?

I know you could create a LUT or Preset and then use those, but then you could end up with lots of temporary LUT's / Presets created for various different location clips; also, when the CDR preset is based upon a LUT, the LUT is not taken with the preset.

I suppose you could grade the clips in CDR and then import them to PD; however, I'd prefer to edit the clips in PD, add music and beat transition points prior to color grading, as the playback is delayed and choppy once graded.

I would rather edit the clips in PD and create the video, then import to CD to grade as a final stage, and then back to PD, if possible?

Many thanks for any assistance/suggestions.

cheers, Dave đź‘Ť

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2023 11:59