Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote In the past I've tried a couple of PD demos (maybe 13 & 14) but I can't remember if they did what I needed or not? This is what I need:

Hi.

1. PD 15 has beat detection, but you have to snap your scenes to the beats manually.

2. I don't thnik so. You have to choose a timeline format. PD15 has 4:3, 16:9, 9:16 and 360 (for 360° vids). The 21:9 footage will have a letterbox in the 16:9 timeline. I could not find a profile for 3440x1440. The width and heigth cannot be entered manually.

3. I don't know, sorry.

For problematic footage, I always found, that TMPGEnc "Video Mastering Works 6" works best. Ist costware and renews the license online from time to time. This shall not be an advertising.

Hatti

Thanks, the native 21:9 support is a deal breaker for me right now as I don't want to pay for software that needs 'workarounds' to get what I need. Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on the next release of PD and see if has what I need.
In the past I've tried a couple of PD demos (maybe 13 & 14) but I can't remember if they did what I needed or not? This is what I need:

1. Some kind of beat detection for easily snapping scene changes to beats.

2. Decent 21:9 3440x1440 support, editing and rendering.

3. Support for the variable frame rate videos that Nvidia Shadowplay outputs. For those that don't know, Nvidia Shadowplay is a video game capture software which outputs a video file which isn't a constant frame rate (this is done to enable the PC to record very good quality gameplay in high resolutions with almost zero impact on performance). Sony Vegas for example DOES support 3440x1440 but it always screws up my Shadowplay footage after rendering, the audio goes all out of sync and sometimes the video gets all screwed up too! I seem to remember that one of the PD versions I demonstrated DID handle variable frame rate footage but it was a right pain to get it to render in 3440x1440. I don't want to pay for the latest version of PD just to find out that I have to start editing config files or whatever to get it to render in 21:9.
I can actually manage what I'm after by using Sony Vegas Pro, BUT in order to be ablt to do that I HAVE to run my clip through Handbrake to make it a constant fps as Vegas does not at like the variable fps that Shadowplay spits out. PD for some reason can handle Shadowplay's variable fps just fine.

Using Handbrake just isn't an option as a 20 second clip took 6minss on a fast PC (i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz & EVGA 980ti FTW) so transcoding a 1hr gamepley video would take FAR too long!

Here's the clip done via Handbrake and vegas Pro, again it works Ok and comes out at 3440x1440 BUT it's just not doable due to the time it took, this scales perfectly to fit a 21:9 screen when viewed in 'Fullscreen' on YouTube:

Quote Just to add without going to look at the custom profile like you suggested that seems to work better (i.e. Not 320x240), but as above I still have black bars too and bottom?

I'm going to add a small test clip to this thread via DropBox when it's finished uploading so if anyone would be kind enough to edit it in PD then manage to produce it in it's original 21:9 (3440x1440) resolution then proceed to write down the steps you took I'd be very grateful. I want to retain as good a quality as I can.

20 second clip is going to take 1 hour to upload on my amazing 1MB upload speed connection so when it's done I'll link to it.

OK here's the link for the raw Shadowplay file (22secs long): https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1xthwt0fintgba/Squad%2001.28.2017%20-%2013.34.59.04.mp4?dl=0
Quote Just to add without going to look at the custom profile like you suggested that seems to work better (i.e. Not 320x240), but as above I still have black bars too and bottom?

I'm going to add a small test clip to this thread via DropBox when it's finished uploading so if anyone would be kind enough to edit it in PD then manage to produce it in it's original 21:9 (3440x1440) resolution then proceed to write down the steps you took I'd be very grateful. I want to retain as good a quality as I can.

20 second clip is going to take 1 hour to upload on my amazing 1MB upload speed connection so when it's done I'll link to it.
Just to add without going to look at the custom profile like you suggested that seems to work better (i.e. Not 320x240), but as above I still have black bars too and bottom?
Quote Hi RipGroove -

Pepsiman's tutorial was made using PDR10, where the production options are organised a little differently.

You'll find MP4 listed under AVC H.264 (and others, but the H.264 one is probably what you're after).

When you're customising the profile, the first step is to rename the profile in PDR. Call it something like "3440x1440 21:9"

Once you modify the Profile.ini (as you have done), back in PDR you need to select your profile fro AVC H.264 > MP4 > Custom...

In theory, you should only get a 320x240 if that's the profile you select.

N.B. After you've made your custom profile DON'T click on the + button to check it. You will NOY find your custom 3440x1440 resolution listed in the dropdown!

Cheers - Tony

Thanks I've just tried that (without going to check the res) and I've still got black bars top and bottom after producing. Even though my custom profile is set to 3440x1440
Quote I have an Ultrawide monitor for gaming and want to upload some Ultrawide footage to YouTube.

Nvidia Shadowplay records my footage just fine at 3440x1440 and YouTube accepts 21:9 footage also, the only issue I have is that the version of PowerDirector I'm using (PD13) does NOT render 21:9 cry

I don't want to have to mess about or stretch my video or anything else that's weird and time consuming, I just want to import - edit - render laughing

Can PD15 do this? If not, what editing software will?

happy rooster new year.

yes, you have to stretch the videos since you did not took it with Anamorphic lens!

if not you have to use masking or cropping...

try this. it'll work with PD13 & 15. i've made it using PD 10Ultra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqYynsrvDjg

it's my how to with manipulating PD's profile.ini file.

you must make a custom profile for what you want to do after you squeeze the video to 4:3.

after PD10, there isn't any 16:9 profiles under 4:3.

good luck. ask me if you need additional help.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

Why do I have to stretch my video if my source footage is already 21:9?

as my source footage is already 21:9 I skipped to the part of your video where you mod the profile.ini and set mine to 3440x1440, everything seemed OK BUT when viewing my custom profile in PD the video resolution is not right:

It says 320x240 where it should be 3440x1440:

Even though I've changed it to 3440x1440 in the 'profile.ini':

So my video is producing at 320x240 (not good)

Also at 12mins 18secs in your video, you have an MPEG-4 option, I do not, I have:

AVI

MPEG-2

Windows Media

QuickTime

H.264 AVC

H.265 HEVC

XAVC S

So I cannot complete 'part 2' in your video?
Quote I have an Ultrawide monitor for gaming and want to upload some Ultrawide footage to YouTube.

Nvidia Shadowplay records my footage just fine at 3440x1440 and YouTube accepts 21:9 footage also, the only issue I have is that the version of PowerDirector I'm using (PD13) does NOT render 21:9 cry

I don't want to have to mess about or stretch my video or anything else that's weird and time consuming, I just want to import - edit - render laughing

happy rooster new year.

yes, you have to stretch the videos since you did not took it with Anamorphic lens!

if not you have to use masking or cropping...

try this. it'll work with PD13 & 15. i've made it using PD 10Ultra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqYynsrvDjg

it's my how to with manipulating PD's profile.ini file.

you must make a custom profile for what you want to do after you squeeze the video to 4:3.

after PD10, there isn't any 16:9 profiles under 4:3.

good luck. ask me if you need additional help.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

Why do I have to stretch my video if my source footage is already 21:9?
I have an Ultrawide monitor for gaming and want to upload some Ultrawide footage to YouTube.

Just to add, I see there is a patch available for PD13 BUT upon trying to install it I get told that my version is not compatible, is that because its a trial version?
Just downloaded the trial for PD13, it's £65 right now so thought it might be a good deal. I can't get the YouTube render to work, I get some error message about my YouTube account not being linked to my GMAIL, but it is linked and has been for a long time? Is my trial version out of date or something, can you even update the trial?
Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try :
BTW I get that I can right click the timeline and add a marker but that marker does not move with the video clip, it stays on the timeline.
Ok, so I get the whole adding markers on the audio track but is there any way I can manually add markers or reference points to the video track to aid in lining up specific parts of the video to the audio?

Currently I split the video track at the desired point and use the split to line it up.
Ok, i'll give it another go.
Makes sense, I can't actually get the download to start though, just sits at 0% downloading?
Thanks very much, how come that is not in the updates section on the support page?
I had PD 10 but due to new NVidia drivers am unable to use it as it keeps constantly 'rendering' making it useless. So I've downloaded the trial of PD 12 to see if that's any better and it is NOT, I've tried updating to the latest patch but as it's a trial it just keeps saying NO. So is PD 10 ever going to mended or is it now considered out of date and how am I supposed to try out PD12 if the trial won't update?
Yeah that makes sense, and yeah I'm a gamer so need the latest drivers Might spring for PD12 then, as it's either that or just wait around for a fix that may or may not arrive.
Go to: