Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yeah that makes sense, and yeah I'm a gamer so need the latest drivers Might spring for PD12 then, as it's either that or just wait around for a fix that may or may not arrive.
Thanks for your reply but I have read on these forums that patch/fix has been released for PD12, so I guess older versions are no longer being supported? Also isn't PD12 the latest version?
Anyone? Can anyone confirm if this is indeed an NVidia driver thing and if its specific to PD10, would I still have this issue in later versions? As currently I have no way of editing videos!
PD 10.0.0.2231

Rendering message:

I had this problem when I first installed PD 10 a year or so a go, but updating to the latest patch fixed it. But I've just added some new parts to my PC and now I have this constant 'rendering' message which is stopping me from doing anything. Have tried running it in Windows 7 compatabilty mode but still the same. New parts I've just added:

Windows 8.1 (Was previously windows 7)
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (Was previously Samsung 840 120GB non EVO)
EVGA GTX780 Classified 3GB (Was previously GTX660ti)

So I've just reinstalled PD 10, updated to the latest build and still have this issue, any help appreciated as I can't use it like this, rest of system spec below for reference:

Mobo: MSI FXA990-GD80
CPU: AMD FX8350 (8-Core) 4.3GHz
GPU: EVGA 780 Classified 3GB (DRIVER 331.93)
RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
PSU: Corsair TX750

Worth noting I cannot roll back my NVidia driver as I have other programs that rely on this latest driver version.
Yeah go for it, i need to get that dialled.
I read that media should snap to Audio Markers, mine does not? My markers were added automatically via beat detection.
Awesome thanks, will do that.
Yes that's exactly what i'm talking about : Where can I keep an eye on PD11 updates? As having the mask preview at 100% or more will be the feature that makes me switch from PD10.
The PIP window is much easier and quicker than the EFFECT window. This is why i want a blur in the PIP room.
Am trying to blur part of a video.

Have found that using PIP keyframes is a lot easier and quicker than using effects and keyframes as the PIP keyframe editing is done in the main preview window, which has the abilty to zoom making it very easy and quick to blur a small part of the video and the effect keyframe editing is done in a smaller pop up window (which is a right pain and no good for accuracy).

So, is there any way to use a blur in PIP?

I can quite happliy use PIP to move an image (even my own custom image) around in a video but i need a blur not an image. This lead me to the idea of creating my own blur using photoshop or gimp or something but i've found that unless you have a background image its impossible to create just a blur.

I guess as a secondary question, is there any way at all to create a transparent blur image that can be overlayed over any other image and create a blur?

If anyone from Cyberlink reads this, a PIP blur or pixilate effect would be an awesome addition to Powerdirector :
Thankyou, will take a look :
Quote: Hi RipGroove -

Here's Cranston's tutorial on making a censor blur in PD9 & 10. It will help you out.

You cannot zoom in while you're in the "Mask" window (as in your screenshot), but it may help you with setting your keyframes if you set the main preview screen to a closer zoom... e.g. 50 - 100%

Had to do a similar thing recently when I was blurring out a distant object that was moving towards the camera.

Cheers - Tony

Hi, thanks for your reply. Where can i find said tutorial?
Am trying to blur a licence plate in a video, i'm guessing the only way to do it is manually frame by frame using the blur effect yes? If so while applying the effect is there any way i can zoom this preview window so i can get a more accurate placement of my blur?

That's useful, i do now have a Hero3 so AVCHD is the best of the bunch for me then? Is it worth me buying PD11 then now i have a Hero3?
What's the best export setting in PD for preserving original quality? As id like to keep high quality versions of my edited videos and probably delete the raw camera files.
Thanks, i actually got that page bookmarked already but i still have a few blanks as outlined above. Mainly about preserving original quality and how to know what custom export settings to use, and wether to use Cineform etc. If i can find answers to all my original questions i reckon I'll be sorted :
Download and install a resoucre monitor gadget for the Windows 7 desktop. I've got 'All CPU Meter V4.5' by 'Addgadgets.com'. If you watch it while editing you'll see where your PC is struggling. Mine processor for example (3.6gHz Quad Core AMD) does load up quite high when rendering etc. I can also see that my RAM (only 4GB) only seems to get to about 80%.

Going by comparing your processor to mine and how my processor loads up while exporting etc i'd guess that its your processor slowing you down. Other than that as you mention your graphics card could also do with upgrading.

Cheaper easier option would be to stick a new graphics card in and see if that helps.
I have searched and haven't found exactly what i'm after. The reason for this post is that video files straight out of my GoPro look stunning and yet my finished output files seem to lack some quality compared the originals Before i start spending hours aditing my videos i'd like to nail down the process of importing a good quality file and exporting the same file preserving the highest amount of quality i can.

I'm new to video editing and have a couple of questions, first i'll explain my goals:

1. To be able to edit my GoPro videos using PD10 or PD11 and save them, on my computer in the highest quality possible.

2. To also save a duplicate of each video in a format that i can upload to YouTube, again in the highest quality YouTube will allow.

I've done quite a bit of reading but still can't seem to nail it down completley, so far this is my workflow:

Current example test clip (Info obtained from MediaInfo):

Source: GoPro Hero2 (i'll be using a Hero3 from now on though)
Format: MPEG-4
Frame Rate: 50fps
Resolution: 1280x720
Duration: 19secs
Overal Bit Rate: 15.2Mbps
Bit Rate: 14.6MB
Codec ID: avc1
File Size: 35MB
Scan: Progressive

So, my current and probably incorrect workflow is ths:

1. Import RAW file from camera to computer

2. Convert RAW file to .AVI using GoPro's Cineform software (I've read that doing this increases the files size thus giving PD more to work with?)

The file now looks like this:

Format: avi
Frame Rate: 50fps
Resolution: 1280x720
Duration: 19secs
Overal Bit Rate: 106Mbps
Bit Rate: 1536Kbps
Codec ID: 1
File Size: 245MiB (<----------- what is 'MiB'?)
Scan: Progressive

3. Import clip to Powerdirector 10 (I may buy PD11 if all is well) and for the purpose of this text i'm not doing any editing.

2. This is where i come unstuck, i need to produce this clip twice, once for storage and playback on the computer preserving the highest quality i can and once for optimum high quality upload to YouTube.

So, my questions are:

1. What format will produce the highest quality for saving and preserving the original high quality of the clip on my computer?

2. What format will produce the highest quality for saving and uploading to YouTube?
I've read that YouTube does not like 1080p @ 60fps so should i stick to shooting in 1080p or 720p @ 30fps or should i shoot at 1080p @60fps and convert the file to a lower fps using PD? Most of my videos are motorcycle related so would like to shoot in 60fps as long as any 30fps conversion in PD does not ruin the quality too much.

3. Is the aim of the game to end up with an output file size similar to that of the input file?

4. Should i be aiming to to create/choose an export profile in PD that closely matches my input file?

5. Powerdirectors Intelligent SVRT does not seem to work with my clip after i've converted it to .AVI, (it says no profiles found) this normal?

6. I've read about people shhoting at 35Mbps using ProTune, what setting is that on the camera, Protune RAW?

As said i'm new to this so please do point out where i'm going wrong. I'll provide any other info required, just ask. Also I've not got a problem creating custom PD export files if needed.

Go to: