Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't watch Preview, keep getting 'Rendering' message?
RipGroove [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2013 05:40 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
PD 10.0.0.2231

Rendering message:

I had this problem when I first installed PD 10 a year or so a go, but updating to the latest patch fixed it. But I've just added some new parts to my PC and now I have this constant 'rendering' message which is stopping me from doing anything. Have tried running it in Windows 7 compatabilty mode but still the same. New parts I've just added:

Windows 8.1 (Was previously windows 7)
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (Was previously Samsung 840 120GB non EVO)
EVGA GTX780 Classified 3GB (Was previously GTX660ti)

So I've just reinstalled PD 10, updated to the latest build and still have this issue, any help appreciated as I can't use it like this, rest of system spec below for reference:

Mobo: MSI FXA990-GD80
CPU: AMD FX8350 (8-Core) 4.3GHz
GPU: EVGA 780 Classified 3GB (DRIVER 331.93)
RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
PSU: Corsair TX750

Worth noting I cannot roll back my NVidia driver as I have other programs that rely on this latest driver version.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 30. 2013 07:22

RipGroove [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone? Can anyone confirm if this is indeed an NVidia driver thing and if its specific to PD10, would I still have this issue in later versions? As currently I have no way of editing videos!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2013 12:22

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Anyone? Can anyone confirm if this is indeed an NVidia driver thing and if its specific to PD10, would I still have this issue in later versions? As currently I have no way of editing videos!

Cyberlink is not quite sure yet but going to an earlier driver (and perhaps uninstalling NVidia Experience seems to cure most issues. Yes, it seems that it happens in later versions that is where it was originally found (PD13) .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
RipGroove [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply but I have read on these forums that patch/fix has been released for PD12, so I guess older versions are no longer being supported? Also isn't PD12 the latest version?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2013 12:51

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your reply but I have read on these forums that patch/fix has been released for PD12, so I guess older versions are no longer being supported? Also isn't PD12 the latest version?

Not necessarily although the most recent versions will get the most attention. Yes, PD 12 is the latest. I have PD 10, 111 and 12 on my desktop computer and they all run well with the 314.22 (old version driver). The issue seems to be the 331.xx drivers.

I have PD 12 on my laptop with the 331.xx driver (one before the .82) and the beta patch and it runs well.

BTW, Power Director 10 was last updated in Nov 2012 but Power Director 11 was last updated Oct 2014.

If you are not a gamer, you will lose nothing with rolling back the video driver. Look at what the most recent driver updates were issued to fix.

Btw, Never run anything in the compatibility mode unless the program specifically tells you to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2013 13:41

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
RipGroove [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah that makes sense, and yeah I'm a gamer so need the latest drivers Might spring for PD12 then, as it's either that or just wait around for a fix that may or may not arrive.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Yeah that makes sense, and yeah I'm a gamer so need the latest drivers Might spring for PD12 then, as it's either that or just wait around for a fix that may or may not arrive.

Again what games and issues were fixed with the last driver version? If you don't play them, you don't need them? Are you really having any issues with the games you do play? .