Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
21:9 3440x1440 support? & Beat detection? & Nvidia Shadowplay?
RipGroove [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2013 05:40 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
In the past I've tried a couple of PD demos (maybe 13 & 14) but I can't remember if they did what I needed or not? This is what I need:

1. Some kind of beat detection for easily snapping scene changes to beats.

2. Decent 21:9 3440x1440 support, editing and rendering.

3. Support for the variable frame rate videos that Nvidia Shadowplay outputs. For those that don't know, Nvidia Shadowplay is a video game capture software which outputs a video file which isn't a constant frame rate (this is done to enable the PC to record very good quality gameplay in high resolutions with almost zero impact on performance). Sony Vegas for example DOES support 3440x1440 but it always screws up my Shadowplay footage after rendering, the audio goes all out of sync and sometimes the video gets all screwed up too! I seem to remember that one of the PD versions I demonstrated DID handle variable frame rate footage but it was a right pain to get it to render in 3440x1440. I don't want to pay for the latest version of PD just to find out that I have to start editing config files or whatever to get it to render in 21:9.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the past I've tried a couple of PD demos (maybe 13 & 14) but I can't remember if they did what I needed or not? This is what I need:

Hi.

1. PD 15 has beat detection, but you have to snap your scenes to the beats manually.

2. I don't thnik so. You have to choose a timeline format. PD15 has 4:3, 16:9, 9:16 and 360 (for 360° vids). The 21:9 footage will have a letterbox in the 16:9 timeline. I could not find a profile for 3440x1440. The width and heigth cannot be entered manually.

3. I don't know, sorry.

For problematic footage, I always found, that TMPGEnc "Video Mastering Works 6" works best. Ist costware and renews the license online from time to time. This shall not be an advertising.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
RipGroove [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2013 05:40 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the past I've tried a couple of PD demos (maybe 13 & 14) but I can't remember if they did what I needed or not? This is what I need:

Hi.

1. PD 15 has beat detection, but you have to snap your scenes to the beats manually.

2. I don't thnik so. You have to choose a timeline format. PD15 has 4:3, 16:9, 9:16 and 360 (for 360° vids). The 21:9 footage will have a letterbox in the 16:9 timeline. I could not find a profile for 3440x1440. The width and heigth cannot be entered manually.

3. I don't know, sorry.

For problematic footage, I always found, that TMPGEnc "Video Mastering Works 6" works best. Ist costware and renews the license online from time to time. This shall not be an advertising.

Hatti

Thanks, the native 21:9 support is a deal breaker for me right now as I don't want to pay for software that needs 'workarounds' to get what I need. Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on the next release of PD and see if has what I need.