Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I went on Windows Insiders Program to see if my Intel/ROG Skylake i7 7820x/X299-LGA 2066 to see if Windows 11 would install on my computer. With the Hardware requirements I turned on TPM in BIOS, and Windows 11 download was there in Windows Update.
Installed in 10 minutes max. Didn't get too far after rebooting and sucessfully logged on to Windows 11.
First thing I tried was Playing a Blu-Ray with Power DVD...started loading, looked like normal, until got a pop-up window Cyberlink error Incompatible Video Driver....Tried DVD, seemed to work. Tried MP4, and it started normally but started stuttering, and there was no counter. Immediatelly uninstalled Windows 11 through recovery feature, and it took about 5 minutes to restore.

I reported errors to Micorsoft feedback. But Windows 11 for me is a no go without Power DVD.

So far there has been 0% news about this.
Maybe it is too soon?

Couple of weeks later: 7-23-21 Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.100
Cyberlink Power DVD 20 Works well. All problems have been resolved.

Are you able to confirm if UHD 4k blu-ray playback works OK with PowerDVD21 Ultra on Windows 11 ?

I'm loathe to upgrade my fully SGX compliant windows 10 platform to windows 11 until I can confirm I won't lose UHD 4k blu-ray playback by upgrading.
Quote Let's say I bought PowerDVD21 ultra edition, and I change my PC, but ONE year after my purchase, which makes the extension warranty obsolete, and, therefore, my software obsolete. This means that I have to buy the software a second time to use it on my new PC.
This is really abusive as a policy, because normally, I should be able to re-download the software as many times as I want, even better, DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT, since I OWN ONE license of the software (not THE ORIGINAL licence), and the key is mine.

This situation is like if you can't download a game you bought via Steam one year after the buy, which is completely ridiculous.

Are you saying you can't install PowerDVD 21 Ultra on a new machine because it's more than a year since it was purchased ?

You can use the purchased version on any PC (there may be a limit to the number of licenses and there is a limit on the maximum number of activations).

If you need a link to the download Cyberlink will provide a link, you just need proof of purchase.
If you exceed the maximum number of activations, Cyberlink will reset the key, you just need proof of purchase.

I installed PowerDVD 17 Ultra on a new PC in 2021, purchased in 2017, no issues.

I checked all of that already. It's all fine. I installed the lastest Java, my graphics drivers were already up to date because it's a gaming PC, PowerDVD didn't say it had any updates ready in the settings, the firewall wasn't blocking it (by default), etc etc. That was the error I was getting though. What's funny is my other PC doesn't even have Java installed and it plays fine. Really I shouldn't really have to go through all this. For $70 (on sale) it should just work. It's funny because VLC + MakeMKV is free and it works better. (You can use MakeMKV's trial as long as you like. You just need to paste the latest beta code from their site every month.) It's cheaper outright as well. ($60) I just got a refund. It should be: Put disc in. Movie starts playing.

VLC + MakeMKV isn't subject to the same DRM issues as playback using PowerDVD. Cyberlink's blu-Ray Advisor might show if there's an issue with playing blu-Ray.
I also recently bought PowerDVD 21 Ultra. It took Cyberlink some time and a lot of tickets to sort out an issue I was having with UHD 4K blu-Ray playback on my new coffee lake machine. It was a problem with their server. But HD blu-Ray playback should just work.
That error message gets mentioned a few times in posts on the web and it is to do with something not up to date on the machine. I agree it's a lot if effort for the price and support isn't great. I know you've probably tried it, but have you uninstalled (
don't save settings) then reinstalled ?

I found this on another post with the same error
Possible Solution:
1. Update your software .......I know you've checked this bit already
2. Delete the cache file under user's appdata:
C:\Users\(USER_NAME)\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\cache
3. Reinstall PDVD without keeping user settings

I contacted them by email. Thanks. Let's hope this isn't a pain in the butt. I get the feeling it will be though.

The drive is fine. I just tried VLC + MakeMKV and it plays back just fine. Also on my other PC the free trial of PowerDVD played just fine with the same drives/discs.

Are you getting this...."error message: Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play this content because it is corrupted"

If another machine worked with the trial version, same discs, same drive, that indicates (possibly) something not up to date on the machine you are currently running on. Things to check....Java up to date, display drivers, PowerDVD updates, firewall blocking etc...
Quote I bought PowerDVD 21 Ultra and it will not play any Blu rays. Every single one I've tried says it's corrupt. DVDs are playing fine. I just want a refund. This has been a headache.

You won't get an answer on the Community Forum, you need to contact Cyberlink, but they will probably want dxdiag logs etc.
Quote Thanks guys. So basically it's all right and SGX is actually working fine on this machine despite check tools errors because of newer Windows drivers, right?

Yes, I doubt Cyberlink will fix the issue anytime soon. It has been around for some time. They have reproduced the error and are in the process of developing a fix.
Quote PowerDVD 21 Ultra plays UHD Blu-Ray media, DVD folders and HD Blu-Ray folders perfectly.

But with UHD BDMV folders, successful playback works once only.
On the next attempt, PowerDVD 21 Ultra hangs with a blank display (audio continues to play).

Restarting PDVD does not fix the issue.
So UHD BDMV folder playback works once per reboot.

(PowerDVD 17 Ultra does not have this issue)

See attached debug trace of a working UHD BDMV folder playback VS. a non working UHD BDMV folder playback (fails to activate window with a hex error)

OK, finally resolved this issue after time wasted reinstalling PowerDVD, tracking down possible software conflicts etc..

Here's the explanation
The first playback of a UHD BVMV folder works perfectly with PowerDVD 21 Ultra. I always select play with SDR as I don't have an HDR monitor I also select don't match the refresh rate to the source material (playback at 60Hz looks fine to me)

Attempting to play a second UHD BDMV folder appears to result in a blank display, with PowerDVD apparently hung.

The monitor is set to output on HDMI2 4K@60Hz

For some reason on one occasion I happened to switch the monitor to HDM1 4K@23.976Hz just as the display on HDMI2 went blank.
There was a brief message from PowerDVD 'Switched to SDR'.

It looks like PowerDVD is resyncing and that causes the sync to be lost on HDMI2.
Switching back to HDMI2 causes the monitor to resync and playback on HDMI2 is restored !!

It looks like a bug with PowerDVD 21 Ultra, but I doubt Cyberlink will fix it. PowerDVD 17 Ultra doesn't have the issue, it doesn't offer the 'match refresh rate' option, so I expect this is where the bug could have been introduced.
Quote The problem is with cyberlink advisor.

Try Corel Ultra HD Blu-ray Check Tool.

The explanation for the error is that Cyberlink's Blu-ray advisor attempts to reinstall SGX, which would end up as a downgrade to the inf version of SGX installed by Microsoft update.

Downgrade of the installed version of SGX is disallowed, resulting in the SGX error code.
PowerDVD 21 Ultra plays UHD Blu-Ray media, DVD folders and HD Blu-Ray folders perfectly.

But with UHD BDMV folders, successful playback works once only.
On the next attempt, PowerDVD 21 Ultra hangs with a blank display (audio continues to play).

Restarting PDVD does not fix the issue.
So UHD BDMV folder playback works once per reboot.

(PowerDVD 17 Ultra does not have this issue)

See attached debug trace of a working UHD BDMV folder playback VS. a non working UHD BDMV folder playback (fails to activate window with a hex error)
Quote I upgraded from PDVD 16 to 17 for my preparation of playing UHD movies. However I'm unable to

play .iso files with PDVD17, it plays blu-ray dvd folders but won't reconize .iso files. I have a physical

copy of PDVD 16 so I'm not worried about reverting back. I'm just wondering if there is a solution?

You may need to do a simple re-install, because mine reads .iso files fine...

Using PDVD17 BD ISO files play OK for me, but

Can anyone confirm if PDVD17 plays UHD ISO Files ? The file appears to play but the video is blank.
Quote I have the same board aorus gaming 8 and I'm having sgx issues myself. It used to play the revenent flawlessly and now I get errors! I've tried the steps posted here with no luck.Im undergoing a fresh Windows 10 install I will update results...

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you have chenged nothing in your configuration and the Cyberlink SGX test fails after having previously passed OK, suspect Cyberlink.

Yesterday, the Cyberlink SGX test gave a pass. Today it's giving a fail.

I have not changed anything since yesterday. I suspect there is an issue with Cyberlink 's server.

The Intel SGX capability Tool still gives a pass.

Update : On the morning of 24/6 the Cyberlink SGX test gave a pass after giving 'Not Available' yesterday - With no change to my config. This has to be a Cyberlink issue, mabye their server is not contactable or rejects a request.
Quote According to the product page https://www.vizio.com/p50c1.html there is some HDMI update coming.

Meanwhile you may try to connect and disconnect the HDMI cable several times. The so-called HDMI handshake does not always work correctly between two devices.

Okay. My SGX isn't working again. Is it possible that I'm having a Cyberlink problem??? Or is it more likely that I'm having a motherboard problem? Because I'm not sure if I need to do an RMA. My SGX is DEFINITELY on and it's been recognized several times. I just doesn't seem to last long.

I'm am also attempting to get SGX working reliably and have been following your posts. Are you aware that :

" Intel SGX platform service fails for DAL communication failure if you repeatedly use the service over 40 hours. "

Also the Cyberlink SGX test fails if you run more than one copy of the Advisor.

That may acccount for why SGX starts working again after resetting the entry in the BIOS. I can see why Cyberlink needed to use protected memory to implement UHD Blu-Ray playback, because of the DRM issues, but having a dependency on SGX to implement it seems like a significant weakness.

I have hit the issue you reported in an earlier post. SGX is giving 'Not Available' in the Cyberlink Blu-Ray Advisor with Error Code -394264569.

I was using UltraHDBlu-rayAdvisor_1313_BD_CDT170123-01 and that always gave me a PASS on the SGX test.

Since switching to what I thought was a later version UltraHDBlu-rayAdvisor_1619_BD_CDT170309-01 I am getting that weird error message.

Intel SGXPlatformCapabilityToolv.0.1.1.0 always reports that my platform has SGX enabled, even when the Cyberlink SGX test reports the weird error message. I raised a case with Cyberlink about the issue and provided all the requested debug info. Nothing back so far.

Which Cyberlink Advisor version are you currently running, the one you reported as Version 2 and where did you download it from ?

OK I see what's going on now. I've done nothing to my system this morning and Cyberlink UHD Blu-Ray advisor is giving SGX - PASS. It must be that the Advisor is contacting Cyberlink's site to determine the outcome of that test. There's no other explanation. Yesterday, it wasn't working, even after a reboot.

Hi. My Advisor version is 2.0.11219.r46508 . I ran the test several times last night trying to get SGX to work and couldn't​ get it. I ran the test just now after walking up and it passes the test. I didn't change anything between running a successful test and the previous failures. I'm ​not doing anything with DAL (actually don't know what it is) and my PC is shut down daily. I only have the one Advisor. No duplicates. HDR and HDCP, however, still did not work.

Thanks for the info about the Advisor version you are using. Now that I have seen SGX FAIL, then PASS without making any changes to the system, I'm going to assume that when it does fail, it's because there is some interaction with Cyberlink's site, maybe it relies on a response from their server.

To get HDR, you need a connection from the motherboard that supports HDMI 2.0 and your display must supprt HDR

HDR won't work over HDMI 1.4.

To pass Cyberlink's UHD blu-ray test You need to get HDCP 2.2 for the GPU/Display combination.

I can get the GPU/Display HDCP 2.2 test to pass when connected to my Panasonic 4K TV.

I'll never get HDR, because the Asus Z270F motherboard's port is HDMI 1.4 (Don't care about HDR at the moment).
Quote According to the product page https://www.vizio.com/p50c1.html there is some HDMI update coming.

Meanwhile you may try to connect and disconnect the HDMI cable several times. The so-called HDMI handshake does not always work correctly between two devices.

Okay. My SGX isn't working again. Is it possible that I'm having a Cyberlink problem??? Or is it more likely that I'm having a motherboard problem? Because I'm not sure if I need to do an RMA. My SGX is DEFINITELY on and it's been recognized several times. I just doesn't seem to last long.

I'm am also attempting to get SGX working reliably and have been following your posts. Are you aware that :

" Intel SGX platform service fails for DAL communication failure if you repeatedly use the service over 40 hours. "

Also the Cyberlink SGX test fails if you run more than one copy of the Advisor.

That may acccount for why SGX starts working again after resetting the entry in the BIOS. I can see why Cyberlink needed to use protected memory to implement UHD Blu-Ray playback, because of the DRM issues, but having a dependency on SGX to implement it seems like a significant weakness.

I have hit the issue you reported in an earlier post. SGX is giving 'Not Available' in the Cyberlink Blu-Ray Advisor with Error Code -394264569.

I was using UltraHDBlu-rayAdvisor_1313_BD_CDT170123-01 and that always gave me a PASS on the SGX test.

Since switching to what I thought was a later version UltraHDBlu-rayAdvisor_1619_BD_CDT170309-01 I am getting that weird error message.

Intel SGXPlatformCapabilityToolv.0.1.1.0 always reports that my platform has SGX enabled, even when the Cyberlink SGX test reports the weird error message. I raised a case with Cyberlink about the issue and provided all the requested debug info. Nothing back so far.

Which Cyberlink Advisor version are you currently running, the one you reported as Version 2 and where did you download it from ?

OK I see what's going on now. I've done nothing to my system this morning and Cyberlink UHD Blu-Ray advisor is giving SGX - PASS. It must be that the Advisor is contacting Cyberlink's site to determine the outcome of that test. There's no other explanation. Yesterday, it wasn't working, even after a reboot.
Go to: