Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 20 Not working with Windows 11 Preview
lakephillip95423 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2009 01:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I went on Windows Insiders Program to see if my Intel/ROG Skylake i7 7820x/X299-LGA 2066 to see if Windows 11 would install on my computer. With the Hardware requirements I turned on TPM in BIOS, and Windows 11 download was there in Windows Update.
Installed in 10 minutes max. Didn't get too far after rebooting and sucessfully logged on to Windows 11.
First thing I tried was Playing a Blu-Ray with Power DVD...started loading, looked like normal, until got a pop-up window Cyberlink error Incompatible Video Driver....Tried DVD, seemed to work. Tried MP4, and it started normally but started stuttering, and there was no counter. Immediatelly uninstalled Windows 11 through recovery feature, and it took about 5 minutes to restore.

I reported errors to Micorsoft feedback. But Windows 11 for me is a no go without Power DVD.

So far there has been 0% news about this.
Maybe it is too soon?

Couple of weeks later: 7-23-21 Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.100
Cyberlink Power DVD 20 Works well. All problems have been resolved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2021 22:08

Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Thanks for providing the update. It's good to know you got it working.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
Vagen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2020 20:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried a clean install of PowerDVD and I am not able to get it to work on Windows 11 build 22471. Any troubleshooting to correct? 20 installed and worked fine on 10.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2021 11:59

daviangel123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2016 08:02 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I went on Windows Insiders Program to see if my Intel/ROG Skylake i7 7820x/X299-LGA 2066 to see if Windows 11 would install on my computer. With the Hardware requirements I turned on TPM in BIOS, and Windows 11 download was there in Windows Update.
Installed in 10 minutes max. Didn't get too far after rebooting and sucessfully logged on to Windows 11.
First thing I tried was Playing a Blu-Ray with Power DVD...started loading, looked like normal, until got a pop-up window Cyberlink error Incompatible Video Driver....Tried DVD, seemed to work. Tried MP4, and it started normally but started stuttering, and there was no counter. Immediatelly uninstalled Windows 11 through recovery feature, and it took about 5 minutes to restore.

I reported errors to Micorsoft feedback. But Windows 11 for me is a no go without Power DVD.

Maybe it is too soon?

Seems to be a known problem if you are running newest 12gen Intel CPU
seems to have been patched for Power DVD 21 anyways
not working for older vesions of PowerDVD AFAIK
whirlpool0548 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2012 19:13 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I went on Windows Insiders Program to see if my Intel/ROG Skylake i7 7820x/X299-LGA 2066 to see if Windows 11 would install on my computer. With the Hardware requirements I turned on TPM in BIOS, and Windows 11 download was there in Windows Update.

Maybe it is too soon?

Are you able to confirm if UHD 4k blu-ray playback works OK with PowerDVD21 Ultra on Windows 11 ?

I'm loathe to upgrade my fully SGX compliant windows 10 platform to windows 11 until I can confirm I won't lose UHD 4k blu-ray playback by upgrading.