Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

You don’t need an email password to install PD17 Resetting it won’t help. A Product 16 digit key code is needed. If you did not write it down previously but registered it, then Login to your Cyberlink account. Scroll to the bottom and click on Member Zone. Scroll down again and click on Manage Products. Scroll down to PD17 and copy that 16 digit key code. That is what you need to type in and to activate a new installation of PD17, not your password that I know off. Let us know if this helps…

I tried again and it did require a password. This time I dug out my notes and found I had changed the password not long ago. That enabled me to finally log in and download the program.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for responding.

I have two registered lifetime licenses. I just found a link to download it on the new laptop but it's asking me to sign in to complete the installation. It's not recognizing the password I just used to log into Cyberlink. Reluctantly I clicked the "Forgot password" link. They siad they sent me a password reset but I never got it. This is getting very frustrating.

I have uninstalled PowerDirector 17 from my old laptop. I thougnt maybe I needed to download Cyberlink's Application Manager but that too is insisting I have the wrong password. Once again I clicked on Forgot Password and once again they never sent the reset link. I tried to register as a new person but they said an account already exists for my email. I'm really getting frustrated now.

Any help you can proviide would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Do you have a paid-for standalone version or was/is it an OEM version that came with your failing laptop?

Thanks for responding.

I have two registered lifetime licenses. I just found a link to download it on the new laptop but it's asking me to sign in to complete the installation. It's not recognizing the password I just used to log into Cyberlink. Reluctantly I clicked the "Forgot password" link. They siad they sent me a password reset but I never got it. This is getting very frustrating.
My old laptop is on its last legs. I bought a new one and have had no luck transferring the program to it. I've filled out the form online twice with no response. I really need to get PowerDirector up and running again on the new machine. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do next?
I really appreciate your helping out. Sorry to be so dense but how do you calculate 26 frames? And how did you arrive at that figure?

I'm 74 and am a little slower grasping these concepts these days. embarassed I did change the frame rate to 30 fps.

I wasn't able to find recording settings for the webcam (a third party usb one on my PC)

I did try another test and got it to sync by experimenting sliding the audio track a little bit at a time but there must be an easier way.

Thanks for all your help!
Thanks for the suggestions. The problem occured right at the outset. the file created by PowerDirector had the lip sync issue. I cleared out the shadow files and rebooted the PC before recording again. Same problem

I unlinked the audio and video and dragged the audio track to sync it properly but it was a hit and miss task and I still didn't get it perfect.

I'm running out of ideas.

Here's a short video clip of an attempt I made a few minutes ago.

https://youtu.be/cCUhJTr-_e4
I've never run into this problem before. When capturing video either with Screen capture or webcam, there is a definite issue with lip sync. Any suggestions?
Thank you SO MUCH!

I uninstalled version 18 and discovered that 17 was still on my system. Importing MP4s works again!

I have all the installation files and authorization codes saved on an external hard drive.

This elderly videographer thanks you profusely!
Customer service is closed until Monday. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I recentlly reinstalled PowerDirector 17 on my desktop PC following a hard disk crash and replacement. Inadvertently I then downloaded a trial version of PowerDirector 18 which I understand will revert back to 17 in 30 days.

In the meantime, I was trying to put together a video shot with several sources: Mavic Mini Drone, my wife's iPhone 8, and my iPhone 11 Pro Max which is controlled by a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal. The latter shoots video in 4K at 30 fps and saves in an MP4 format.

When I try to open the MP4 files I get the following message: Your version of PowerDirector doesn't support this feature. Why would it be supported in 17 but not 18??

How do I get rid of 18 and go back to 17?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Quote I must be doing something wrong. When I used Microsoft's Live Movie Maker, I could select random Pan and Zoom for still photos and I would get very nice Ken Burns effect.

With both PowerDirector 15 and 17 (Two different PCs), no matter which effect I choose, the initial view zooms in way too much and never allows me to get anything other than an extremely cropped result.

Is there any way to adjust the settings?

Actually I may have figured it out. I tried Magic Motion Designer and was able to create the effect I wanted. It's a lot of extra work. My original question still stands. Can I modify the Magic Motion templates so they don't start zoomed in so much?
I must be doing something wrong. When I used Microsoft's Live Movie Maker, I could select random Pan and Zoom for still photos and I would get very nice Ken Burns effect.

With both PowerDirector 15 and 17 (Two different PCs), no matter which effect I choose, the initial view zooms in way too much and never allows me to get anything other than an extremely cropped result.

Is there any way to adjust the settings?
I finally found the solution. On your PC's search bar type Sound Settings.

Select Advanced Sound Options

Even though my Master Volume was set to 100% the App Volume was at 0%. Adjusting the slide bar resulted in a resumption of audio on my video.

I struggled to find a video that would explain how to apply a Pan Effect to a video. The totorial videos I saw played too fast for me to follow. Eventually I figured out a way to do it on my own. There are probably better approaches but this one worked fairly well. Since it's inevitable that I'll forget how I did it, I created my own video. Maybe folks will find it helpful.

Quote You did mot supply a full screenshot of your timeline. It looks like that your project aspect ratio is set to 360. Chang it to 16:9 at the top of the screen to see more.

That did it! Much obliged.
I was working on a project this morning and was going to use a Credt text that I had previously created but discovered that it had disappeared. Only a handful of files remain in the Title Room. Is there any way to retrieve ones that I had previously created?

Quote Hi patmoore1946 -

This question has come up before, such as here - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/62735.page

As Longedge suggests, the simplest thing to do is produce to a standard 16:9 profile, like 1920x1080... knowing that parts of your video will be cropped out.

Cheers - Tony

Sorry to take so long to reply. I was out of the country. Now, Facebook isn't even trying the upload. I'll keep at it.
For some pages, Facebook now offers the ability to display videos instead of a cover photo. They require that the videos be at least 820 pixels wide. I've been unable to figure out how to do that with Powerdirector 15. I keep getting this error message from Facebook.

"Cover videos should be at least 820 x 312 pixels. The recommended size is 820 x 462"

Any suggestions?
That would explain it. Thanks.
Thanks for the replies. I tried again after the file icons turned green with the same results. I then disabled the HD Video Processing with no change.

Here's the info:

My apologies if this question has been answered before but I can't find it through Search.

I'm trying to use MultiCam Designer with two videos, both MOV formats; one shot with a Nikon DSLR and the other an iPhone. The button is always grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

Go to: