Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Motion cuts off too much
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2012 17:43 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I must be doing something wrong. When I used Microsoft's Live Movie Maker, I could select random Pan and Zoom for still photos and I would get very nice Ken Burns effect.

With both PowerDirector 15 and 17 (Two different PCs), no matter which effect I choose, the initial view zooms in way too much and never allows me to get anything other than an extremely cropped result.

Is there any way to adjust the settings?
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2012 17:43 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I must be doing something wrong. When I used Microsoft's Live Movie Maker, I could select random Pan and Zoom for still photos and I would get very nice Ken Burns effect.

With both PowerDirector 15 and 17 (Two different PCs), no matter which effect I choose, the initial view zooms in way too much and never allows me to get anything other than an extremely cropped result.

Is there any way to adjust the settings?

Actually I may have figured it out. I tried Magic Motion Designer and was able to create the effect I wanted. It's a lot of extra work. My original question still stands. Can I modify the Magic Motion templates so they don't start zoomed in so much?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Actually I may have figured it out. I tried Magic Motion Designer and was able to create the effect I wanted. It's a lot of extra work. My original question still stands. Can I modify the Magic Motion templates so they don't start zoomed in so much?

Not that I'm aware of. All of the "Magic" tools are designed to be totally hands off. You select the content and the style and the tool does everything from there, with no way to adjust the final outcome.

The only way to have full control is to make the edits on the main timeline.,and foretunately there are tools that automate many of the most complicated steps to save you from keyframing everything. In your case, using Crop/Zoom/Pan under Power Tools will give you many kinds of presets that are all fully customizable.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°