Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to transfer PowerDirector 17 from old laptop to new one
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2012 17:43 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
My old laptop is on its last legs. I bought a new one and have had no luck transferring the program to it. I've filled out the form online twice with no response. I really need to get PowerDirector up and running again on the new machine. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do next?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have a paid-for standalone version or was/is it an OEM version that came with your failing laptop? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Do you have a paid-for standalone version or was/is it an OEM version that came with your failing laptop?

Thanks for responding.

I have two registered lifetime licenses. I just found a link to download it on the new laptop but it's asking me to sign in to complete the installation. It's not recognizing the password I just used to log into Cyberlink. Reluctantly I clicked the "Forgot password" link. They siad they sent me a password reset but I never got it. This is getting very frustrating.
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for responding.

I have two registered lifetime licenses. I just found a link to download it on the new laptop but it's asking me to sign in to complete the installation. It's not recognizing the password I just used to log into Cyberlink. Reluctantly I clicked the "Forgot password" link. They siad they sent me a password reset but I never got it. This is getting very frustrating.

I have uninstalled PowerDirector 17 from my old laptop. I thougnt maybe I needed to download Cyberlink's Application Manager but that too is insisting I have the wrong password. Once again I clicked on Forgot Password and once again they never sent the reset link. I tried to register as a new person but they said an account already exists for my email. I'm really getting frustrated now.

Any help you can proviide would be greatly appreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have uninstalled PowerDirector 17 from my old laptop. I thougnt maybe I needed to download Cyberlink's Application Manager but that too is insisting I have the wrong password. Once again I clicked on Forgot Password and once again they never sent the reset link. I tried to register as a new person but they said an account already exists for my email. I'm really getting frustrated now.

Any help you can proviide would be greatly appreciated.

You don’t need an email password to install PD17 Resetting it won’t help. A Product 16 digit key code is needed. If you did not write it down previously but registered it, then Login to your Cyberlink account. Scroll to the bottom and click on Member Zone. Scroll down again and click on Manage Products. Scroll down to PD17 and copy that 16 digit key code. That is what you need to type in and to activate a new installation of PD17, not your password that I know off. Let us know if this helps…

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2023 19:25

patmoore1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]

You don’t need an email password to install PD17 Resetting it won’t help. A Product 16 digit key code is needed. If you did not write it down previously but registered it, then Login to your Cyberlink account. Scroll to the bottom and click on Member Zone. Scroll down again and click on Manage Products. Scroll down to PD17 and copy that 16 digit key code. That is what you need to type in and to activate a new installation of PD17, not your password that I know off. Let us know if this helps…

I tried again and it did require a password. This time I dug out my notes and found I had changed the password not long ago. That enabled me to finally log in and download the program.

Thanks for your help!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I tried again and it did require a password. This time I dug out my notes and found I had changed the password not long ago. That enabled me to finally log in and download the program.

Thanks for your help!

Downloading the program from Cyberlink is not what you said in your original post. That is a different requirement.

Installing the program to a different pc from a backup only requires the key code. Glad that you got it going.