Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
File Format for Blu Ray Disc
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I want to create Blu Ray discs, but I am confused about which file format to use. The source material will be HD video (AVCHD 1920 x 1080) and still images (4000 x 2248 ) , with some SD video in some projects.

If I burn my disc directly from the Create Disc module my choices are H.264 or MPEG-2. If I use the Produce module to create the file first with a view to burning to disc later my choices seem to be H.264, MPEG-4 and MPEG-2.

Which option will give the best quality product? I am not concerned about trying to minimise file size in order to squeeze lots onto one disc.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Robert

PS I searched the forum and found a few relevant threads, but these left me still confused. Can anyone help my addled brain?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If your source material is H.264 stay with H.264 in the create Disk Module.

AVCHD is H.264.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, but before burning a big project, try producing the images and make sure they encode Ok. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you both for your replies.

Robert