Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow Preferences
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
In Slideshow Preferences we can set the duration of each photo to 3, 4, 5 or 6 seconds. Is there any way to override this so that the slideshow advances to the next photo only on a mouse click ( or press right arrow). Alternatively can we have a long duration of say 20 or 30 seconds?

Thanks

Robert
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: In Slideshow Preferences we can set the duration of each photo to 3, 4, 5 or 6 seconds. Is there any way to override this so that the slideshow advances to the next photo only on a mouse click ( or press right arrow). Alternatively can we have a long duration of say 20 or 30 seconds?

Thanks

Robert

Robert, Are you talking about Power DVD (a player). Power Director ( an video editing program ) or PhotoDirector (photo editing and slide show maker ( or other) ?

Perhaps a little more detail in the correct forum might be in order.
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Stevek,

Sorry

I am using PowerDVD13, and omitted to mention it because I posted in the PowerDVD13 forum.

Robert
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Stevek,

Sorry

I am using PowerDVD13, and omitted to mention it because I posted in the PowerDVD13 forum.

Robert

It is quite all right. So you want to manually advance a prepared slide show (video) or just your images so that it looks like a slide show? Your answer provided us with the program, now, please a little more detail or perhaps a description of what you want to do.-

If you are just watching the slide show, as you know, you can set the duration to as long a 6 seconds. I don;t see anyway to make that longer. Have you tried the options in Cinema Mode if you are working with a movie?

BTY, why can't you just use your mouse to pause the slideshow?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 21. 2014 10:24

RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Stevek,

My slideshow is in the form of a playlist comprising photos and videos. I want to be able to have a particular photo on screen for long enough for me to talk about it, (invariably longer than 6 seconds) then advance it with the right-arrow (or a mouse-click, but see my next para about the mouse). If there was a much longer duration option available (30 seconds or longer) I would be happy. Better, if there was an option with no duration and advancing only by the right arrow (or a mouse click).

At present I can use the mouse to pause and advance, but with the mouse PDVD13 immediately displays the "task bar" across the bottom of the screen and other info at the top - this loses the full-screen appearance and in my opinion spoils the look of the presentation.

I can pause and advance using the space bar, but I find this to be not reliable. Ideally, one press of the spacebar pauses the presentation and another press re-starts it, then press the right arrow to advance. However some keyboards are very sensitive and it is very easy to accidentally press the spacebar twice, so instead of pausing it continues in play mode which you don't discover until the slide changes.

Since there appears to be no way to extend the duration it seems that I am going to have to learn to control the spacebar more effectively. Perhaps PDVD14 will address the duration issue!

Alternatively I can use PowerDirector to convert my slideshow (photos and videos) into a movie on disc, using a short duration for each photo, and use the controls on my DVD player to pause as necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Robert