Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm certain I have seen a PD15 tutorial for this - I just can't find it now though.

I am trying to display two different videos (16:9) on the screen at the same time with nothing cropped from either.

Can someone put me out of my misery and remind me how it's done please?

Thank you,

Ian

yes. whenever you remove the unwanted portions of the videos that contain any transitions, it will be lost.
you must select by right click on the clip you want to remove: Remove and Leave Gap/Remove and Move Clips on the Same Track/Remove and Move All Timeline Clips After Removed Clip.

or you have either Remove/Remove and Leave Gap.

you must place the 'FADE' transition in the middle of two video clips. if you place at the very beginning then it'll fade black to normal image or in the end, it will fade the image to black. also it depends on the duration you've set in the preference.

hopefully you're doing this when you haven't applied any titles. if you have then move the titles out of the way of the transitions. after you've joined two clips then move back the titles to the clip. if not then the title durations will be shortened accordingly...

if this does not answer your problems then take screen shots and post where a picture is more than a thousand words... ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Hi PepsiMan,

My thanks for this.

I was obviously being sloppy in placing the "fade-transition" to one side instead of dead centre -- which is why sometimes it would work and other times I'd get blacked out.

Anyway, thanks to you -- problem solved and video well on the way to complation.

Best regards,

Ian
Hi Everyone,

I just created a lengthy video in which there are standard Cross-Fade Transitions between many clips.

Realising the video was too long I decided to reduce the duration of some clips by chopping out the middle of each clip.

(a) - When I 'spilt and cut' each clip I lose the transition and, even selecting the entire video and trying to overlap to create a new transition, I lose all the remaing transitions.

(b) - If I insert the 'fade transition' from the transition library, it seems to initially blacken the clip before ending abruptly with almost no 'fade' at all.

Can anyone suggest how I might get proper transitions inserted please ?

Thank you.

Ian
Tomasc ----- You are an absolute Genius --- That's saved me about two lifetimes worth of laborious work.

Thank you,

Ian
Hi Everyone,

I am about to create an image only video with the maximum of 2,500 pictures involved.

I wish each image to cross-fade into the next.

Is there any way I can do this automatically as the thought of doing 2,500 images manually doesn't bear thinking about.

I am on PD Version 15 and using Win7 SP1 64 Bit.

Many thanks,

Ian
Good idea.

Unfortunately, on this particular venture, it is necessary to input full "Code Details" for each chapter -- leaving it until later (especially with me being me) would cause massive complications.

Point taken though and, as you say, how the marker is used.

Cheers,

Ian
Hi JL_JL

My thanks for your exceptionally rapid response.

I appreciate your suggestion and will, in the absence of anyone coming up with a "proper" answer, adopt it.

It seems strange that a simple thing like this does not have an option to "follow the marker" or something.

Thanks again.

Ian
Hi Everyone,

When I select "Chapter Room - F11" the position marker line jumps straight back to the beginning of the video -- i.e. away from where I wish the "Chapter" to be inserted.

I then have to reset the position marker and select <manual chapter settings> - <insert at current location>.

Does anyone know how I can get it to stay where the position marker is, for on a lengthy video, the resetting etc., can result in a lot of time being wasted.

Thank you,

Ian
Hi Everyone,

I have a forthcoming series of videos to produce, all of which require a Date & Timestamp to be visible.

My video camera does not have a specific facility for this, but I believe the data is created within the MTS file during filming -- just not visible after downloading to PC.

I understand there are a number of products which can extract this data and make the Date & Time visible after converting the MTS file to MP4.

Does anyone know if there is any way Power Director 15 can be configured to extract this data during editing, or recommend a 3rd Party software to do the extraction please?

I am using Win7 SP1 64bit and PD15.

Thank you,

Ian

You say you have plenty space on your hard disk so that should not be the problem. So try disabling Hardware Acceleration. HA sometimes causes this kind of problem.

If you are using shadow files, try without, and see if that helps.

Hi The Shadowman,

My apologies for not having replied sooner, but I received no email notification about your response, but then all communications from Cyberlink appear to have ceased -- it is now nearly three weeks since I lodged the Ticket with them on this matter, with no solution forthcoming, and no contact for the past several days either.

They really do seem more concerned with version numbers and asking repetitive questions than getting on and sorting out the problem.

However, the Hardware Acceleration was disabled some time ago due to another programme problem, and the Shadow file option too is inactive.

Thanks for these suggestions, I'll listen and take action on all you care to pass to me, particularly as I am about to start a new project which will contain a lot of clips and am not looking forward to constant crashing.

Kind regards,

Ian
Quote I can't remember 'off the top of my head' if menus are created early in the creation process or at the end. One of the common problems that arise when creating a DVD is some defect in the menu e.g. overlapping items. You can test for this is by creating a DVD without a menu.

If you're not creating a DVD and the problem always occurs at 20% then there is an item at that point on the timeline that is defective in some way i.e. in a 10 minute video it is at the 2 minute marker. Could be a transition gone wrong or a video file that PDR can't deal with for instance.

Hi Longedge,

Thanks for your response.

However, in none of my projects since day one have I ever tried to use the PD DVD Menu Creator.
I prefer using a more advanced stand-alone product.

Your second suggestion would take coincidence(s) to the extreme by suggesting that each and every crash that has occurred since day one, and over several different projects, has encountered a "dodgy" item in each and every file, precisely at the same spot every time?

If that were the case, would the programme not crash on every occasion a "save" was carried out, at least until the "dodgy" item had been removed?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi,

Can you confirm :
if this is a general issue that happens with all projects - even re-opening finished and completed ones as a test - or is it with one particular project?
has this just started to happen or has it been a longer standing issue?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi,

No, this has happened with a few other projects - almost since I first installed the programme a few months ago.

The reason I posted this time was out of frustration as (a) the first occasion lost me an incredible amount of work (I'd forgotten to save) and (b) the programme crashed about six times in fairly quick succession following --- but then it seemed to settle down and I was able to complete a further 6 hours without crash.

No other programmes or processes were running during this time.

Thanks,

Ian
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to get support from Cyberlink for the past two or three days but, despite sending error message screen-shots and details of what happened, they seem more concerned with asking for screen-shots of the programme splash-screen and version numbers.

I am running PD15 (fully updated) on a system with a pretty reasonable spec for editing etc. (Inc. 30Tb of disk space, 32Gb RAM and Win7 64-bit SP1 Ultimate.)

Frequently, however, when I periodically save my work during an editing session, as the progress bar reaches 20% it hangs and, despite a variety of attempts, including waiting patiently for 20-30 minutes, the programme is totally dead with the inevitable complete loss of editing since the last successful save.

Clicking on any "function" simply brings up the standard "AppHang" error box with the relevant error codes.

Has anyone had similar experiences, or suggestions as to a remedy or other ideas please ?

Thanks,

Ian
Hi AVPlayVideo,

Thanks for having looked into this for me.

Interesting to note it stops also for you after about the same playing time.

I too came to the conclusion that the only way was a "workaround" by adding additional blocks into the scheme.

I posted a Ticket for Cyberlink about it, but they seem more concerned with checking System Requirements, latest Updates and everything other than addressing the problem.

Thanks for your help on this.

Ian
Hi Everyone,

I am using the 3D Effect "snow" with a duration of 00:01:13:09 and it works fine, until about 2/3rds of the way through when it suddenly stops snowing -- everything else goes on (slow zoom in., music, scrolling text etc.,) as if nothing was wrong - just no snow.

I've also discovered there is a pause at the beginning of the effect before the snow starts, as I had thought of joining two clips to make it appear as continuous, but with the delay at the start, this doesn't work.

I never thought I'd be desperate for snow in the middle of summer, but I am.

I'd appreciate some ideas please.

Thanks,

Ian
Hi Hatti,

Thank you so much.

Perhaps I should have been asking for a new pair of spectacles instead? -- I looked, but could not see !!

Best wishes,

Ian
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a commercially available "Page Curl" effect/transition, or better still, a way to create one?

Thank you,

Ian
Hi JimIowa,

Sorry about the delay in responding.

Thanks for the list of Tutorials -- plenty to keep me occupied for some time to come, I think.

Kind regards,

Ian
Hi Philwild,

Thanks for the link -- I've just had a quick look and it's really great.

I shall spend more time going through them all this evening.

Thanks again,

Ian
Hi Longedge,

My thanks for such a speedy response, and with a solution which sounds quite simple (but I'm sure will not be quite so) too.

I shall "set-to" immediately and see how much of your predicted frustration is involved.

Thank you again for having helped with the problem.

Ian
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure of the easiest way to describe what I am trying to create, so apologies if it is a lengthy description.

I have a fairly straightforward car journey video (dash-cam) and wish for a "face", or other object, to randomly appear in the centre of the clip, starting as a pin-prick and increasing in size until it occupies about 50% of the screen before "dissolving/disintegrating/exploding/disappearing", without interrupting the video/journey.

The "face", or other objects, are currently in .jpg format but I can easily convert them to a host of alternative formats if necessary.

The whole process, from pin-prick to disappearance, needs to be controllable in regard to time visible.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ian
Go to: