Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Face to Appear Through Centre of Video Clip
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure of the easiest way to describe what I am trying to create, so apologies if it is a lengthy description.

I have a fairly straightforward car journey video (dash-cam) and wish for a "face", or other object, to randomly appear in the centre of the clip, starting as a pin-prick and increasing in size until it occupies about 50% of the screen before "dissolving/disintegrating/exploding/disappearing", without interrupting the video/journey.

The "face", or other objects, are currently in .jpg format but I can easily convert them to a host of alternative formats if necessary.

The whole process, from pin-prick to disappearance, needs to be controllable in regard to time visible.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ian
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
All that is 'doable' by dropping your object onto a timeline below the main video (so it appears in front of the video), dragging it out to the length of time you want it to appear for and then with it selected click on keyframing. With the scrubber set to the start of that object you can then set all the properties you want - position, size, rotation, opacity etc.

If you want it to disappear back where it came from then move the scrubber to the clip's end position and right click in the line for each keyframe set at the beginning. Choose "Duplicate previous keyframe". That's the start and end set.

Now move the scrubber to anywhere in the middle and you can set keyframes for all the properties again simply by moving, re-sizing, rotating etc the object. The intermediate keyframes can be anywhere between the start and end.

It can be frustrating at first until you get your head around it.
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Longedge,

My thanks for such a speedy response, and with a solution which sounds quite simple (but I'm sure will not be quite so) too.

I shall "set-to" immediately and see how much of your predicted frustration is involved.

Thank you again for having helped with the problem.

Ian
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
It's worth checking out these tutorials on YouTube. There are excellent ones on keyframing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6a0_l0sZGJNO0FXqaCB4KA

Regards
Phil
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Philwild,

Thanks for the link -- I've just had a quick look and it's really great.

I shall spend more time going through them all this evening.

Thanks again,

Ian
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Ian,

Here is a clickable PDF list of the PowerDirector tutorials at the Sharper Turtle Link.

If you don't see a process for what you need, let me know.

--Jim
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi JimIowa,

Sorry about the delay in responding.

Thanks for the list of Tutorials -- plenty to keep me occupied for some time to come, I think.

Kind regards,

Ian