Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's Stopped Snowing
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I am using the 3D Effect "snow" with a duration of 00:01:13:09 and it works fine, until about 2/3rds of the way through when it suddenly stops snowing -- everything else goes on (slow zoom in., music, scrolling text etc.,) as if nothing was wrong - just no snow.

I've also discovered there is a pause at the beginning of the effect before the snow starts, as I had thought of joining two clips to make it appear as continuous, but with the delay at the start, this doesn't work.

I never thought I'd be desperate for snow in the middle of summer, but I am.

I'd appreciate some ideas please.

Thanks,

Ian
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Everyone,

I am using the 3D Effect "snow" with a duration of 00:01:13:09 and it works fine, until about 2/3rds of the way through when it suddenly stops snowing -- everything else goes on (slow zoom in., music, scrolling text etc.,) as if nothing was wrong - just no snow.

I've also discovered there is a pause at the beginning of the effect before the snow starts, as I had thought of joining two clips to make it appear as continuous, but with the delay at the start, this doesn't work.

I never thought I'd be desperate for snow in the middle of summer, but I am.

I'd appreciate some ideas please.

Thanks,

Ian

I checked here really effect particles "Snow" stopped in about 50 seconds.
A suggestion to add blocks in 2 bands so that one overlaps the other, that solves the 2 problems.
See the attached image
[Thumb - snow.jpg]
 Filename
snow.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AVPlayVideo,

Thanks for having looked into this for me.

Interesting to note it stops also for you after about the same playing time.

I too came to the conclusion that the only way was a "workaround" by adding additional blocks into the scheme.

I posted a Ticket for Cyberlink about it, but they seem more concerned with checking System Requirements, latest Updates and everything other than addressing the problem.

Thanks for your help on this.

Ian