Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chapter Adding Settings
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

When I select "Chapter Room - F11" the position marker line jumps straight back to the beginning of the video -- i.e. away from where I wish the "Chapter" to be inserted.

I then have to reset the position marker and select <manual chapter settings> - <insert at current location>.

Does anyone know how I can get it to stay where the position marker is, for on a lengthy video, the resetting etc., can result in a lot of time being wasted.

Thank you,

Ian
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
IanG, that's the behavior that I know. However, one way to minimize the pain is prior to utilizing F11, note the "Movie" timecode in the preview window. Then after utilizing F11, retype the timecode in the counter in the preview window and you have recovered your exact position to simply use the "Add a Chapter" icon. Added key strokes, but effective control.

Jeff
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi JL_JL

My thanks for your exceptionally rapid response.

I appreciate your suggestion and will, in the absence of anyone coming up with a "proper" answer, adopt it.

It seems strange that a simple thing like this does not have an option to "follow the marker" or something.

Thanks again.

Ian
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Another method I often find convenient is to simply use a timeline marker, "Shift M" while editing when I want a chapter added latter. Then in "Chapter Room" you can then cycle to your defined timeline markers with "Shift right arrow or left arrow" and define your chapter. Applicability really depends on how else a given user uses the timeline markers.

Jeff
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good idea.

Unfortunately, on this particular venture, it is necessary to input full "Code Details" for each chapter -- leaving it until later (especially with me being me) would cause massive complications.

Point taken though and, as you say, how the marker is used.

Cheers,

Ian