Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Words Templates
strifemit [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 15, 2017 20:17 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I want to create some backgrounds that have words on them. There is Text Title but that seems to be all about titles. I want some examples of templates that have words. Maybe some something that has the same word popping up all over the place or something that several different words pop up all over the place. I need this because I know what I like but don't have a creative bone in my body. I have looked through the Directors Zone but can't find other than Titles. I have seen things similar to what I want in videos but don't know how to create them and definitely not so they look good.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2018 06:05

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know exactly what you mean. A "word" is also text. So I cannot see the problem. What you can do:
a) use more than one title. A title is actually a piece of video so you can put a title on video tracks.
b) create a picture with your "word" on it and save it as PNG with transparent background. You can put as many of these PNG to your timeline, let them fade in and out and do PiP effects.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
“I don't know exactly what you mean. A "word" is also text. So I cannot see the problem. What you can do:
a) use more than one title. A title is actually a piece of video so you can put a title on video tracks.
b) create a picture with your "word" on it and save it as PNG with transparent background. You can put as many of these PNG to your timeline, let them fade in and out and do PiP effects.”

These have examples of what I am looking for. Templates I can change the words. As I said I am not creative so I am looking for templates that have a look and feel that will work for me.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/01/this-animation-shows-the-meaning-of-words-using-just-its-letters/tti[/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AenfEVZS7uQ

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2018 13:13

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The YouTube presentation link was done with powerpoint. You need to go back and edit your response as you quoted Hatti and put your reply inside the quotes reserved for him causing the text formatting error on the threads of this post. Your reply needs to be outside Hatti's quote if you choose Reply instead of Reply to this topic.
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
“I don't know exactly what you mean. A "word" is also text. So I cannot see the problem. What you can do:
b) create a picture with your "word" on it and save it as PNG with transparent background. You can put as many of these PNG to your timeline, let them fade in and out and do PiP effects.

Hatti”

These have examples of what I am looking for. Templates I can change the words. As I said I am not creative so I am looking for templates that have a look and feel that will work for me.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/01/this-animation-shows-the-meaning-of-words-using-just-its-letters/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdfXzA7BAAQ

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 07. 2018 13:11

strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
This link should work and demonstrates the kind of templates I am looking for:
Link to word animation video

It shows a variety of ways to reveal words.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi strifemit -

About your question:

The YouTube videos you linked are just made with a series of titles one after the other, with each title formatted slightly differently. It would be pointless creating a series of templates for that without knowing exactly what you wanted.

The other words animation video is just that - animation! In PDR, even though you could make slides like that, creating templates would be pointless because each animation is indiviual & appropriate only to that word. Making something like that "without a creative bone in your body" would be a bit challenging!

Quote: I want some examples of templates that have words. Maybe some something that has the same word popping up all over the place or something that several different words pop up all over the place.

That's a different thing than anything in the videos you linked.

Way back in (about) PDR9, I made this little example of kinetic typography. Doing that's a bit simpler in PDR16 because you can have multiple text tracks in one title.

Why not post a screen shot of the kind of thing you'd like to do?

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2018 13:33

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi strifemit -

About your question:

The YouTube videos you linked are just made with a series of titles one after the other, with each title formatted slightly differently. It would be pointless creating a series of templates for that without knowing exactly what you wanted.

The other words animation video is just that - animation! In PDR, even though you could make slides like that, creating templates would be pointless because each animation is indiviual & appropriate only to that word. Making something like that "without a creative bone in your body" would be a bit challenging!

Quote: I want some examples of templates that have words. Maybe some something that has the same word popping up all over the place or something that several different words pop up all over the place.

That's a different thing than anything in the videos you linked.

Way back in (about) PDR9, I made this little example of kinetic typography. Doing that's a bit simpler in PDR16 because you can have multiple text tracks in one title.

Why not post a screen shot of the kind of thing you'd like to do?

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks

Now I have the words Kinetic Typography which has lots of responses on Google. Unfortunetely nothing recent for PowerDirector although they do generate some ideas.

I was thinking one or two templates which I can change the words and then lay them over each other. I can't give an example because I don't know specifically. I used one title on the intro to a video I put up on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t0nvzCeoKg

I am looking for more options that I could use. I just look at them and know if I like it or not.

Lance
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lance -

Here are a couple of templates that might help get you started...

Kinetic Type 1

Kinetic Type 2

These templates use multiple tracks in each title. Each track can be modified in any way or removed.

To do real animation as shown in the video you linked, you'd need to combine titles with graphics in PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Lance -

Here are a couple of templates that might help get you started...

Kinetic Type 1

Kinetic Type 2

These templates use multiple tracks in each title. Each track can be modified in any way or removed.

To do real animation as shown in the video you linked, you'd need to combine titles with graphics in PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony.