Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Collage Designer - Moving Cut Video Teimeline to Library
strifemit [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 15, 2017 20:17 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
If I move a video to my timeline and then trim it. How do I get the shorter timeline version back into my library? Then I can use it in the video collage designer and delete the original video.

In fact how do I do it so I can remove the longer videos and reduce the size of the project?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I move a video to my timeline and then trim it. How do I get the shorter timeline version back into my library? Then I can use it in the video collage designer and delete the original video.

In fact how do I do it so I can remove the longer videos and reduce the size of the project?

You need to trim it and then "produce range". After producing the range the clip will be returned to the Library automatically as an MP4 or whatever you choose. The new clip is now available for use in the Collage Designer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30. 2018 12:12

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]

You need to trim it and then "produce range". After producing the range the clip will be returned to the Library automatically as an MP4 or whatever you choose. The new clip is now available for use in the Collage Designer.

Thank you. I understand. I went to the manual which says move the arrows on either side, but I can’t find any arrows. They have popped up now and again, but I don’t know how or why. What am I missing? Why can I take a picture and save it but not cut pieces of a video and save the end result? I say this because I have several videos I have cut and want to save them, but produce will be slow if I have to do them all one at a time.

The other way would be to put my cut video directly into the collage, but I don’t think this is possible. Am I right here?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this 11 second video on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUTIWs_VwOU . The contributors moved the part of the scrubber or cursor called the arrow.
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See this 11 second video on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUTIWs_VwOU . The contributors moved the part of the scrubber or cursor called the arrow.

I tried it enough times and stopped before I went mad. The only thing that happens is the usual arrow moves.
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]

I tried it enough times and stopped before I went mad. The only thing that happens is the usual arrow moves.

Now I am going mad. I went and tried again and it worked. I have no idea what specifically has to happen to make it work every time. I'll see if the res works now. Thank you
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]

Now I am going mad. I went and tried again and it worked. I have no idea what specifically has to happen to make it work every time. I'll see if the res works now. Thank you

GOT IT!

Thank you. Tried another and it worked. Have to be very specific on the side of the arrow. It was pretty quick so I am happy. Thank you for the help.