Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How many people are using the Mobius 1080p Action Cam?
Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I am putting up this post in trepidation that it maybe removed- or heaven forbid - censored in some way.

I have purchased in the last month or so the Mobius 1080p Action Cam. I specifically upgrade from PD 12 to PD 14 to use the lens correction feature. But on viewing this feature, I found that it is not on the list of supported cameras. I have contacted Cyberlink support - including information on the camera - expressing my wish that it should be supported. The reply I recieved indicated to me - I hope that i am wrong - is that they will look into it, but that is as far as it goes.

Do any other PD14 users have this camera? If so i would urge you to contact Cyberlink support and ask that it be included in PD14 via a patch. I don't want them to "hold off" until the next PD upgrade.

I again apolgise for my "rant" on this post.

Thanks

PS: If this is not the right forum for this post, please feel free to put it in the right post, but seeing it is to do with PD14 i thought it was right. IanB
PowerDirector Ultimate 18.0.3801.0 (64bit)
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Nividia GeForce 720 Version 372.54 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
2 x 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard D
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ian -

I'm not using a Mobius, but I've tested some sample clips for another user.

Even though there are no specific lens profiles available for your camera, you may find that the JVC GC-XA1 profile does the job, even if you have to tweak the fisheye distortion a tad. On the clips I tested, that one seemed to be closest.

Did you notice on the DirectorZone Lens Profiles page, you can submit a request for a profile? http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/pdr/lens - look for the little purple envelope icon.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony,

I did submit a report to Cyberlink, but I don't think the link was from the DirectorZone page. If I try from there will it duplicate the original profile request I submitted to Cyberlink? IanB
PowerDirector Ultimate 18.0.3801.0 (64bit)
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Nividia GeForce 720 Version 372.54 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
2 x 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard D