Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
K will have to wait for it to happen but that shouldn't take long. It keeps happening to me every time I leave the computer idle for any length of time. I put the power plan on high performance and set the screen savers and all that not to come on any time the computer is plugged in, which is all the time since it's my desktop. So if there is any other settings I should check, someone will have to point that out to me. Thanks...
Yes I agree. I purchased the Holiday pack for $50 and have yet for the magic styles to work right at all!! I contacted customer service to no avail. I gave up on them getting it straight what I was trying to explain to them... So disappointing for what should be such awesome software...
Well it did the same thing again. I left the computer for a little bit came back and hit play and wasn't able to see any pics or videos but could hear the sound. The pics/videos were showing up in the timeline but not in the viewer. So I shut down the program and reopened it all and the pics/videos show up again. This is frustrating.....
I just switched to High performance and my project opened up much quicker than it normally does. I will let you now if pics disappear again after using for a bit....
Glad you got it to work. But I wonder why it did this in the first place. I have version 11 on my new Dell 32 Gig ram, W8 and it does the same thing. When I shut it down and reopen it works fine. But it keeps doing it on and off. I would still like someone input if possible...
My pics and videos are missing in the timeline of all a sudden. I was working on my project and stopped and made a phone call. After being on it for quite some time I went back to the project. I hit play to check something and while hearing the music I can't see any pics or videos even though they are all still in my workspace and checkmarked green. I shut down the project and reopened it and still the same. I was almost done!!

Well nevermind, I shut down the program and reopened it and then reopened the project and they are back! Thank God!
Hey Tks, all you have to do is click on the word download. At least that works for me.

If you are 64-bit, think of maxing-out the RAM, and for free, increase virtual memory. Defrag, clean out junk/temps.

How does one increase "virtual" memory?
I had no trouble with the Holiday Pk 4 showing up at first but had another issue. Then when customer service had me uninstall and reinstall everything, it didn't show up as installed at all. So instead of uninstalling everything then reinstalling, I just downloaded and installed the patch again and reinstalled the Holiday Pk 4 and it showed up fine that time. You could try just that I guess and see if it fixes it for ya.
I have made the movies from scratch but I am going to do a Christmas movie for all my siblings and my mom. So I will be doing five in all from their videos/pics from this year and I would like to make them all different. I know how to do it from scratch but I really didn't want to take the time to do them all from scratch. I was thinking I could do the magic way then fine tune. But it won't let me fine tune ANYTHING except the text and order of the pics in PD11.
Well I really like the ease of clicking the button and it doing everything for you with just a few choices. But then I am not happy with some of the pictures. For example it may pan in but cuts someone's head off. That's really the main problem for me but I would LOVE to be able to edit WHATEVER I may want to about any aspect of the movie.
Well I have played around with MM for three times now and CAN NOT do anything in Advanced Editing still other than move the pictures order, edit text and the music. That's it! That is not advanced if you ask me!!
Well I have played around with MM for three times now and CAN NOT do anything in Advanced Editing still other than move the pictures order, edit text and the music. That's it! That is not advanced if you ask me!!
K thanks so much I will go check them out now...
I have never messed with the Magic Style at all. So today I decided to since I had purchased the Holiday Package. Well I clicked on the button that indicated advance editing but I can't edit anything once it's on the timeline. There isn't anything showing up to edit except the pics, music and the text I added at the beginning and end. Does anyone know if you can any of the effects? Thanks
Thanks so much again guys. With the Holidays upon us I think I am going to splurge for the Cyberlinks Holiday package and then learn next year how to do more things myself!! Someone gave me $50 for an early Christmas present today so that will about cover it!!
Well after watching the tutorials and seeing the price of Adobe After Effects software, OMG, I see I don't have the time or money to create the high quality stuff that the program allows one to. Oh well I will have fun learning and creating with my PowerDirector software though!
Well I went over there and checked out the freebies and downloaded a bunch of them and spent the ten to get the Holiday package!! I should have just went to bed!
Thanks guys! I have had an EXTREMELY busy day and hadn't even had a chance to look back here til now. So I am going to check out the freebie ones and the tutorial and see what I can do. To answer your question SteveK in a video production.
Before I knock myself out trying to find the correct video, (due to time constraints) will I be able to make some high quality motion background of this caliber http://creative.newlifechurch.tv/downloads/backgrounds/page/2 with PowerDirector 11? I am thinking I should be able to, but could use someone who knows how already to point me in the right direction of some video tutorials. Thanks.
Thanks so much, I can understand clearly now!!
Go to: